Life after death?

R_x

Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this but hoped here would be ok as it's the busiest part.
Don't want to start a debate just would love to hear what people may think happen and if they follow a religion
X

I don't really 'follow' a religion although I was christened & went to Catholic schools.

I don't "believe" anything happens but I'd love to think that we go to a lovely place and are reunited with our loved ones. One thing I do always think about though is reincarnation, I don't know why but I just think in my head that's most likely which is a nice thought to me, I like the fact you just keep restarting as somebody else..
Ofc it would be great to be a ghost and haunt those idiots who've got on my badside :haha: :thumbup:

Its such a complicated topic, I wish they could find out for sure what actually happens to us! Hate not knowing!

I can accept heaven and hell as metaphorical emotional states within life, but an afterlife? No, I don't believe in that. I don't follow a religion.

I don't follow a religion, I went to a c of e school but had a hard time accepting god and heaven and hell. I guess I believe in reincarnation, I think we've all had past lives and we must have future ones too? I think we have also 'known' our relatives and friends in a past life and that's why some people just click. I am so terrified that you just die and that's it

I believe the science. Energy cannot be increased or decreased, only altered. We are energy, that energy HAS to go somewhere. Where? I don't know?

I don't follow any organised religion but I am hugely interested in religion and spirituality and definitely don't identify as atheist, I read a lot about Quakerism and attend Quaker meetings a couple of times a month too. I don't know what I believe, I definitely don't believe in heaven and hell or any kind of afterlife in a traditional sense....I think whatever happens after we die is probably incredibly abstract and beyond human comprehension!

I believe when we die we are like in a deep sleep but not conscious of anything. Thats what the bible says so as a christian thats what i believe. Death is the opposite of life. We simply cease to exist.

I also believe that God can restore us to life and promises to do so, for the majority of us it will be here on paradise earth.

:)

I'm not religious and I find it really hard to get my head around the fact that their could be life after death.. or even what happens to us when we die so for now I don't really believe in anything or that anything happens to us :shrug:

I don't 'believe' as such, but I like to think we go to a nice place and see all our relatives and friends again.

The way I see it there's a 50/50 chance, either something happens or it doesn't, and id like to think that it does :) x

I believe we come back as spirits (if we so choose) and I believe we can be reincarnated. I believe in ghosts and such. I don't follow religion xx

I believe that we eventually go to Heaven. I believe that when when we die before we go to heaven we wait- either asleep (if we've been good), or in a state of consciousness where we have time to think of things we need to atone for before we're worthy of living in Heaven. Then at the end of time we'll all go to Heaven at the same time. I also believe in re-incarnation- one life just isn't enough time for some souls! I think that while we're waiting for Heaven some souls carry on their journey by having a 2nd/3rd etc life.
Oh I'm Catholic.

I don't follow any religion and I believe we simply switch off when we die and that's the end.

I just don't know --- I'd like to believe there is something but I'd rather that something be reincarnation or heaven -- really not sure I'd want to be a spirit?

But, I just don't know what I believe -- I believe there is something more - I just don't know what.

I would like to think reincarnation happens or some kind of afterlife (you see those stories of children knowing stuff about places they have never been and people they have never met) I am not really religious, I am agnostic, I just don't know but I hate the idea of once your dead your gone as I hate the idea of leaving my daughter and husband. I think there must be a soul if not people wouldn't be so different, including the fact siblings can be bought up in same conditions and still be so different. I suppose in a scientific sense we do live on through our DNA been passed on to our children

I am a catholic by right, do I practice? Not often. And I definitely doubt and question the catholic teachings and beliefs.

I believe when you die, something happens. It's not so simple as you're just gone. But I'm not quite sure. I'd like to think you come back in another form, so basically reincarnation. And maybe I watch too many movies, but I'd like to think when I'm gone I can still watch the world either from heaven or just your spirit walking about. Be it as a cat or a ghost even. That probably sounds weird. It's not exactly what I believe, but what I would like to happen.

I used to think there wasn't anything after death, that once you died you just stopped existing. Then I lost my son, I feel like he's close still. I NEED to believe he's in heaven and waiting for us because I can't bear the thought of him not existing any more, just thinking like that breaks my heart. I speak to him every night, tell him I love him and miss him, I know he can hear me.

I don't follow a religion and I don't believe there's an afterlife. I think we just switch off, and our atoms will go back into the earth, through burial or as dust (cremation).

I used to think there wasn't anything after death, that once you died you just stopped existing. Then I lost my son, I feel like he's close still. I NEED to believe he's in heaven and waiting for us because I can't bear the thought of him not existing any more, just thinking like that breaks my heart. I speak to him every night, tell him I love him and miss him, I know he can hear me.

So sorry for your loss :cry:

Even tho i believe at death we just go to sleep - no pain, no thought etc i do believe what the bible says and that is each of us is then in Gods memory awaiting a Resurrection, and i believe theres no safer place to be.

If what you believe brings you comfort and helps you cope then thats ok, it must be so painful for you i cant even imagine - Big hugs xo

I am non religious and i don't personally believe anything happens after we die, i just think it is a comforting thing to be told that a loved one is waiting in heaven, for instance i told my 3 year old son that our dogs are now playing on the clouds together, i dont believe that i just said it to comfort him at the time. I just dont think it happens. Also when i die i really do just want to die and thats all, it would torture me to have to watch my loved ones and not be able to be with them or something like that, id just like to go and that be it. x

I just lost my youngest brother three weeks ago, so I have been thinking about this a lot. I do not follow any religion, but I do take comfort in the science. I wanted to share a piece that we read at my brother's service. I adapted it slightly to reflect my brother (the original piece referred to a spouse and he did not have a partner), but it's easy to find online.

You want a physicist to speak at your funeral.
You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died.
You want the physicist to remind your mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy gets created in the universe, and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration, every Btu of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world.
You want the physicist to tell your father that amid energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.
And at one point you'd hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted friends and tell them that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off like children, their ways forever changed by you.
And as your family holds each other in sorrow, may the physicist let them know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are their eyes, that those photons created within them constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.
And the physicist will remind the gathering of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue the heat of our own lives.
And you'll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they'll be comforted to know your energy's still around.
According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone; you're just less orderly. Amen.

Adapted from a piece by Aaron Freeman.
This really sums up my beliefs, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->