Life after death?

I believe upon death our souls are separated from our bodies which will then decompose. The soul, however, is immortal and will never cease to exist. Once we have died, our souls are judged by The Lord either to Heaven or Hell. When The Lord chooses to end the world, there will be a final judgement in which all of the remaining souls and angels willl be reunited with our bodies and continue to live or join in Heaven or Hell. I believe Heaven is the most incredible of places where we can be with all of our loved ones.

I am Roman Catholic.

I really hope heaven is a place with our loved ones but how would everyone fit in? :blush:
Also you say our bodies decompose but we are reunited with them? X

I think it's larger than anything we've ever known. When we rejoin with our bodies, we become whole and new again. Does that make sense? Haha.

Yes I hope your right. I'm petrified that it's the end :cry:

I think that ideas about life after death are nice as a comfort but I don't see any reason to believe it. I'm not scared of this being my only life. I think I need to work on doing whatever I can here and now. To bring up good kids, to live a full life, to touch others' lives in a positive way. If I've done that then I'll be happy. I'm atheist.

There is no way there is life in death, II lost my mum in July, if there was a way of her contacting me to tell me different she would have by now believe me!!!!

She's asleep with my daughter. The bible says the dead are conscious of nothing at all. When Lazarus came back, he never said, Oh what a lovely place I visited, I saw great uncle Bob, and great grandmother and so on. He just woke from sleep.

The bible also says, the soul that is sinning, it itself will die. Pretty clear to me, and I'm happy to believe that. I'd hate to think my mum could see what was going on here and helpless to be here for me and help. That to my mum would be hell. Knowing shes on pause and knows nothing makes me have comfort

are we out of pain and illness and this hard life we live when we die?

I believe upon death our souls are separated from our bodies which will then decompose. The soul, however, is immortal and will never cease to exist. Once we have died, our souls are judged by The Lord either to Heaven or Hell. When The Lord chooses to end the world, there will be a final judgement in which all of the remaining souls and angels willl be reunited with our bodies and continue to live or join in Heaven or Hell. I believe Heaven is the most incredible of places where we can be with all of our loved ones.

I am Roman Catholic.

I really hope heaven is a place with our loved ones but how would everyone fit in? :blush:

I think it's larger than anything we've ever known. When we rejoin with our bodies, we become whole and new again. Does that make sense? Haha.

Me too :cry: I actually have panic attacks thinking about this! I do believe though that we will see our loved ones again x

I am Roman Catholic.

Me too :cry: I actually have panic attacks thinking about this! I do believe though that we will see our loved ones again x

I'm the same. Can't sleep at the mo because I keep thinking about it :( x

Me too :( but I keep telling myself I'm wasting my life worrying about something that's not happening (hopefully) for a long time so I may aswell enjoy my time now :) and just look at all he paranormal stuff, there has to be something else, greater than we could ever imagine! I mean, look at how we exist, how our bodies and minds are made up, anything is possible! Stick a christmas film on and relax, that's what in doibg haha x

I do believe in life after death. We are energy and when we die, our energies have to go somehwere.

I think we start to decompose and that's it. No afterlife, returning as a spirit or new person, no heaven or hell. Certainly no one standing there telling us if we've been naughty or nice and deciding where we go.

Argh I wish we knew, it's really bothering me :cry:

i haven't a clue what i believe.
I like to think there is something else but i'm 50/50.
All i know is i refuse to be afraid because i hate the thought of my 2 girls being afraid.

I think death is more accepted as you grow older...lets face it, there isnt much choice is there???
I remember reading an article that interviewed old people and how they lived with the fact that death would come knocking at their door soon. One response that sticks in my mind was an old lady talking about her views on death and what she said was she wasn't afraid because it was either a long sleep or you went to heaven or some other place and she said 'what exactly is there to be afraid of then?'

I think death is more accepted as you grow older...lets face it, there isnt much choice is there???
I remember reading an article that interviewed old people and how they lived with the fact that death would come knocking at their door soon. One response that sticks in my mind was an old lady talking about her views on death and what she said was she wasn't afraid because it was either a long sleep or you went to heaven or some other place and she said 'what exactly is there to be afraid of then?'

This is very true but what worrys me is if I don't get to be old and it happens soon :(

Do you think it may help if you speak to maybe a priest about everything? :hugs:

Yes, i agree, its a cruel twist of fate to be taken early. I had a terrible fear of death as a child having lost my dad when i was only 7. My mum made a critical mistake [ she thought she was doing her best] by relating my dads death to a 'sleep'. For years i couldnt sleep with the light off. I also saw him dead which just wasnt what a small kid should see but tbh, she thought she would give us closure. It didnt. It just made the link with the sleep thing worse cause he looked asleep. I searched for my dad every day thinking he was coming home. I learnt later that this was a stage of grief for children.

I believe that there is something after death, i have no choice but to believe this i lost my mam last month and she was only 41 and i have to believe she will be waiting for me when its my turn, i have to beleive we all get reunited at the end. Plus when i havent been able to sleep twice since she passed away something has poked me in the wrist and ive been straight off to sleep after that. There is no other possible explanation for the poking because i was alone. Shes here i smell the smell of her inside her coffin randomly its very strange. Plus i am absolutely terrified of dying and that being it, i'm not so scared of dying and being back with my mam though x

I believe that there is something after death, i have no choice but to believe this i lost my mam last month and she was only 41 and i have to believe she will be waiting for me when its my turn, i have to beleive we all get reunited at the end. Plus when i havent been able to sleep twice since she passed away something has poked me in the wrist and ive been straight off to sleep after that. There is no other possible explanation for the poking because i was alone. Shes here i smell the smell of her inside her coffin randomly its very strange. Plus i am absolutely terrified of dying and that being it, i'm not so scared of dying and being back with my mam though x

:hugs: It's so hard, isn't it? I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:
I have a feeling that whatever it is (life after death), it's peaceful and good. And I also think it's possible that all the things we believe about this process could be true at the same time (so heaven or reincarnation or floating through the cosmos or whatever makes the most sense to each of us). Perhaps the afterlife is whatever offers each of us the most peace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->