• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

lifting....

jocie

Mumma of 4 crazy kiddos
Reaction score
you would think this being my 4th baby that i wouldnt have any more questions, but, i do.
i know the general consensus is to not lift over 40 lbs or so during pregnancy. last week (as i posted on here) i had some pink on the toilet paper. i took it easy that day, but since then whenever i lift anything i get sharp pains and sometimes round ligament pain.
the reason im concerned is because 1) i had my first loss in august 2) i have 3 other babies to care for and my youngest is 14 months and weighs 21 lbs.

do you have or have you ever had pains at all from lifting?

My doctor said no lifting things 25 pounds unless it's a small child, in which case it's okay to lift them because your body is used to it and their weight is dispersed better than, say, a 40-pound brick. Lifting definitely gave me BAD sharp ligament pains and still does. I can't even push a shopping cart! lol... Also, the lifting can definitely cause spotting, in which case you probably should continue to take it easy, but it is a common cause of spotting.

I definitely get a bit increased round ligament pain when I lift my son from time to time, he's 28 pounds, but I only do it when I absolutely have to, like putting him in the high chair or in and out of the crib, my doc said it's ok, as long as it's not bringing about contractions or pain that is unbearable :thumbup:

that puts my mind at ease! thanks girls! i was hoping that it wasnt just a sign of a weak pregnancy or something....hello paranoid mama! lol

Glad to know I'm not the only crazy paranoid mama lol...I thought I would be more relaxed with number 2, and I have been in many ways, but I guess those little worries and concerns will always pop up and never completely go away!

Make sure you're lifting properly - bending the knees rather than leaning over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"