Light brown mucus discharge?

Nadja86

Reaction score
I'm at 5 weeks + 5 days. I just went to the bathroom and noticed a glob of light brown/tan mucusy discharge... Should I be concerned? After a Google search, I've read some people saying that it's normal, some others saying I should go to the doctor. Would it be best to wait and see if it persists?

I've had spotting since day 1 with this pregnancy, and it's now very light tan discharge. I've seen my doctor twice and been to the hospital once to check on things. The doctor said 1 in 5 women spot in pregnancy and go on to have healthy full term babies. Which is a lot of women. So don't worry too much!! However if it continues along with cramping or bright red blood, go get it checked.

I know it's nerve wracking when you see any spotting but it's quite common. So far my little bean is fine.
Hugs

Thanks so much for your reply! I emailed my doctor and he said it didn't sound worrisome. I think I'll keep an eye on it and if it persists, I'll get it checked out. For now, it's gone. I did have sex two days ago for the first time since my BFP and was reading that that can cause spotting... So I'll just try to keep calm over here!

Glad to know that everything has been going well with your pregnancy!

This sounds just like me 2 weeks ago. I was 5+1 and I saw a bit of stringy tan mucus and thought no big deal which it isn't. However mine continued and became more pinkish/red but barely noticeable. I panicked because everything I read on google said pink/red is BAD BAD BAD. In my case it wasn't, I had the ER doctors work me up and stress me out only to find out I have what they call a subchorionic haematoma (sp?). So at my emergency scan at 6+1 I saw a healthy baby and heartbeat with a small blood clot, which bleeds off and on. Once I talked to my family doctor it was clear that this happens more often then women realize and most of the time they go away completely without any consequence.

I guess what I am trying to say is that don't panic because there are so many harmless reasons why that blood is showing up now. Try not to jump to the worst case like I did (previous miscarriage sufferer).

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Thanks everyone :)

One more thing... I don't know my Rh status and I was wondering if that's something I should be worrying about so early on? I read in some places that if you are Rh- and have spotting that you should get the shot, but also that this early on it shouldn't be a problem. My mother was Rh- and my dad Rh+ so I guess I'm concerned I could also be Rh-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->