Light cramping

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
I am now 19dpo and also pregnant! I was wondering, is it normal to have slight cramping on one side and sometimes in my butt? I know probably TMI but I am really nervous since its my first pregnancy and I don't want to have a miscarriage.

I had pretty intense cramping weeks 4-6. Few times had to take paracetamol and have water bottle and everything is fine :)

What is paracetamol ? I never heard of that before.

I think it can be called Tylenol in the US?

I get the feeling a lot of you are not from the US..... I read a thread recently talking about blood tests and all that. They won't give you blood tests where some of you guys live? Here in the US, we pretty much get what we demand. If not, we just throw a hissy fit and things usually work out lol.

Do you think it has to do with insurance? Do you guys have like an "obama care" type thing where you live? Is that why they wont do blood tests?

Here in the UK every citizen pays national insurance and we all contribute to our health service, the NHS. This means we are entitled to "free" care at hospital/doctors (no charges etc except for prescription charges, which are at a capped rate, because we all pay our National Insurance) but people do choose to go privately but that means paying for the cost of treatment at a non-NHS hospital. The NHS can be a bit funny with requesting blood tests etc for pregnancy (I expect due to costs) unless they have a specific reason to (i.e. bleeding in pregnancy), it's not generally routine for them to check your progesterone/HCG levels here. :flower:

Oh I get it now, thanks so much for explaining it to me in detail. We do not have a NHS here. I mean there is Obama care, but its really only for those who do not already have a private insurance company. A lot of us get our insurance either from the government, or from our careers. Most full time jobs (40 hours or more) will offer medical insurance as part of a benefit. You do have to pay a small fee tho, but I imagine in most cases it comes out of your paycheck before you even see it. So I guess you would say we have a mix of both.

That makes a lot more sense to me since you explained it. I actually did not know things were so different in the UK compared to the US. Here, they will give us a blood test any time we want as long as we can pay or have insurance.

as said.. in UK works different, bug regarding about your cramping, It's absolutely normal. Do worry if you get heavy red bleeding. Otherwise is fine.

as said.. in UK works different, bug regarding about your cramping, It's absolutely normal. Do worry if you get heavy red bleeding. Otherwise is fine.

Ok, thanks so much. I will def keep an eye out for bleeding. I am a bit paranoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->