Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Oh ECC, I must have missed your post too. I am so sorry to hear about your loss as well.

I nearly passed out in my shower today, not good. At first I thought it was just from the water heat, but I am still dizzy now even after a few hours. Yikes. I hope it goes away otherwise I am going to have to go get checked out... and I am already so sick of the hospital.

How is your blood pressure Maze? Mine is always super low in pregnancy and I suffer a lot of dizzy spells. It could totally be a lack of fluids making your pressure take a nose dive. Hope it passes soon.

I get postural drop, I have low blood pressure normally anyway. But it is so much worse now. Everytime I get up I go dizzy. I'm pretty used to it so I just grab something and hold on until I get my vision back. I'm just worried about when I get big, if it still happens then I'm so scared of falling over and on my bump.

I know my doctor said that with HG it will tend to be on the low side... it is so weird though because when I enter my third trimester I always have issues with severe hypertension and basically can't do anything. It's annoying to have two opposite problems in the same pregnancy, it's like I can't get a break!

It does sound like a really tough journey your on Maze. DO you have to go on meds at the end with the hypertension. Do they class it as pre eclampsia?

They never put me on medication because when I am resting my blood pressure will even out, it is just when I am on my feet, even something as simple as just standing in place. So they avoid putting me on meds because they say that while I am resting my pressure would plummet as a result.

I had full on pre-eclampsia with my son, but he was a week late. So it wasn't the end of the world because it came on right before I went in labour. With my daughter they were keeping a close eye on me as I had all the swelling and my blood pressure was through the roof.. but I ended up going into labour at 36+6 with her.

With my first pregnancy the shower was the scariest place in the world! I passed out multiple times in the shower. It was due to low BP. I have generally low bp but the HG makes it worse. I ended up getting a shower chair...it sucked, but it was safer. The change in pressure, temperature or elevation (standing too quickly) would trigger dizziness or passing out. It's super scary. Be careful hun...so sorry you're going through this :hugs:

I haven't actually had any problems in the shower yet but I think that might be because my bathroom is so cold. Lol. I hope you girls start feeling a bit better soon.

O no that sounds awful. I was thinking because i have low bp i wouldn't be at risk of pre eclampsia, obviously not! Hope it gets better soon! Xx

Ooooh Maze you don't seem to having a great time hun, 12 weeks is soon here maybe things will ease up for you shortly xx

I'm so sorry for your losses, ladies. If there's anything we can do, please let us know!

I had my wellness/pelvic exam today, and the doctor said he wasn't confident he could hear the heartbeat on the doppler, so he went ahead and did a scan. Says everything looks perfect! Its so weird how last time, it was just a stick-blob with a flicker, and now its an actual peanut with arms and legs!

A shower chair might be a good idea Maze..just a cheapy plastic thing from IKEA or something.

Last week of first tri for me! Will be announcing our pregnancy after our scan on Friday if everything goes well. Excitement.

Thanks for your well wishes guys, I think I am going to look into a chair for the shower.

I'm so sorry for your losses, ladies. If there's anything we can do, please let us know!

I had my wellness/pelvic exam today, and the doctor said he wasn't confident he could hear the heartbeat on the doppler, so he went ahead and did a scan. Says everything looks perfect! Its so weird how last time, it was just a stick-blob with a flicker, and now its an actual peanut with arms and legs!

Awww! How lovely you saw your lil peanut:happydance::happydance:..I still have a few more days to go! Time is going sooooo slow! Do you have a picture??

AFM still feeling normal, my goodness I WANNA FEEL PREGNANT!! :dohh: Can't wait for my next scan on Tuesday, for a change I actually want the weekend to come...AND GO!!! I'm starting to feel so nervous again...

Last week of first tri for me! Will be announcing our pregnancy after our scan on Friday if everything goes well. Excitement.

Thanks for your well wishes guys, I think I am going to look into a chair for the shower.

OOhhhh soon Maze, can't believe your already 12 weeks and can't believe i'm over 10 weeks!:happydance::happydance:

Can't wait for my scan on Tuesday. My gyn says it's OK to do 12 week scan in the 11th week as it's technically the 12 week..I know confusing! I will be 11 + 2

Are you feeling nervous? Or is it just me?:dohh:

Congrats to those nearing the end of first tri now! It still feels like a life time away for me :dohh:
Can't wait to see the scan pictures :)

My next scan isn't until I'm 13weeks, so an extra week wait for me :-( I don't know why they did it, but all of the people I've seen are obviously idiots and can't add up. Firstly the midwife who calculated me two weeks ahead even though I gave her the right date of my LMP, even though I ignored that!
Then I had my 12 week scan origionally booked for the 12th of April when I would have been exactly 12 weeks and the doctor said it'd be too early and moved it back a week to the 19th of April ! grrrrrrr!

Really annoys me too because i'll have to wait the extra week to know if everything is okay with the subchoronic haematoma, and the whole thing is making me a nervous wreck thinking something could go wrong any minute.

Congrats to those nearing the end of first tri now! It still feels like a life time away for me :dohh:
Can't wait to see the scan pictures :)

My next scan isn't until I'm 13weeks, so an extra week wait for me :-( I don't know why they did it, but all of the people I've seen are obviously idiots and can't add up. Firstly the midwife who calculated me two weeks ahead even though I gave her the right date of my LMP, even though I ignored that!
Then I had my 12 week scan origionally booked for the 12th of April when I would have been exactly 12 weeks and the doctor said it'd be too early and moved it back a week to the 19th of April ! grrrrrrr!

Really annoys me too because i'll have to wait the extra week to know if everything is okay with the subchoronic haematoma, and the whole thing is making me a nervous wreck thinking something could go wrong any minute.

I feel the same way right now.. i feel like 2nd tri is sooo far away!

That sucks you have to wait another week! I havent booked mine yet but i have the papers. I just wanted to wait until i saw my midwife on Monday to see what she says.

OOhhhh soon Maze, can't believe your already 12 weeks and can't believe i'm over 10 weeks!:happydance::happydance:

Can't wait for my scan on Tuesday. My gyn says it's OK to do 12 week scan in the 11th week as it's technically the 12 week..I know confusing! I will be 11 + 2

Are you feeling nervous? Or is it just me?:dohh:

It's normal to be nervous, it is an important scan. Generally, if this scan shows a healthy happy baby, you will more than likely be good to go for the rest of your pregnancy. That is a big step. Next one is when we reach viability towards the end of the second trimester!

To everyone feeling like you have so long to go before you hit second tri, it will come! Think about how Spring is starting up and you're one less season away from meeting your little ones. :hugs:

Also, that IS really annoying SisterRose. They tried to do that to me with my early scan, but I demanded it get changed back and so they did. Especially since you had a minor complication, they should be catering to you a bit more to put your mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->