Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Congrats on the weddings ladies!!!

We had a small private destination wedding! Then a few months later we had a reception. It was much less stressful than planning the average wedding.

I wanted to do the small private destination wedding too :o( but it didn't work out that way.

Congrats on the upcoming weddings!

I was 17 weeks along when I got married last February. I'd been planning the wedding forever! I had hyperemesis with that pregnancy too, so I actually had to have my dress taken in a little. It all worked out pretty well :)

I was 17 weeks along when I got married last February. I'd been planning the wedding forever! I had hyperemesis with that pregnancy too, so I actually had to have my dress taken in a little. It all worked out pretty well :)

I had hyperemesis with my wedding too! No one knew I was pregnant and everyone said that I looked like I was going to be sick during our vows. LOL I announced our pregnancy during my speech, I was 16 weeks. I was so sad because the food at our wedding was amazing but I couldn't touch any of it.

I had hyperemesis with my wedding too! No one knew I was pregnant and everyone said that I looked like I was going to be sick during our vows. LOL I announced our pregnancy during my speech, I was 16 weeks. I was so sad because the food at our wedding was amazing but I couldn't touch any of it.

What a special way to announce your pregnancy!! That is awesome! Sorry you couldn't eat the food :(!!! I hope I am not showing too much at 14 weeks and people can't tell I am pregnant yet. I hope to wait till around then to tell people. But this bloat bump is killing me!!! Anyone know when the bloat bump goes down?

3 weeks, how exciting!!!! yay CONGRATULATIONS!! I'll be huge for mine lol lol :rofl:

Thank you! We are so excited. Seems like it was so far away when we picked the date, but now it feels like it is still a million years away and at the same time feels like it is too soon.

I am sure that you will be beautiful, no matter how big you are! Congrats to you too!

This is my first pregnancy, so I've never had a CVS. I don't plan to get one either because I am still in my early 20's and I have a very low risk pregnancy and there are no known defects on my side or DF's. A CVS is the better option than an amnio from what I hear. Apparently an amnio poses a higher risk to the baby than a CVS does. I think that a CVS should be fine, and it might be a wise decision in your case. If you're worried about your age or Edward's on your OH's side then a CVS is certainly not a bad idea. If nothing else it will give you the peace of mind that you need and deserve. I'll be hoping for good news and a successful CVS for you. :hugs:

I am actually more worried about the Edwards on OH's side. He was only 20 when his son died. And they are also concerned that my father had a baby that died of Spina bifida. I have no idea if this test will let me know anything about that. I have MTHFR and don't process folates properly, but have been taking tons of folic acid since before we got pregnant. I have had three healthy children and I suppose I should be worried about my age, but the things that have already happened are what is worrying me and the test itself is really scary. I figure the CVS is best as well, and sooner. I am also (selfishly, I know) wondering how this is going to impact our wedding, which we have been planning for months and months. It is 3 days later.

Thank you!! I just hope we are doing the right thing. :hugs:

Did you doctor offer you a Nuchal translucency scan? It is a non-invasive blood test and ultrasound that looks for chromosomal abnormalities. My doctor recommends having one. If those results come out as a high risk for chromosomal issues she recommends a CVS or amnio. I am also a high risk patient, I know how scary it is. Good luck!

I believe the way they have set the appointment up is that I go for my ultrasound first and then have the CVS done after, so I believe they are taking the measurements first and then we can decide. She really recommended we have it done because of the history and the fact that I am 37. But it is a super tight schedule because when we leave the appointment, we are also leaving the state for SC to go set up for our wedding. OH is from SC and we are getting married down there. We will be gone for two weeks, because we are going down there to set up first, get married on the 6th and then leave for our honeymoon. When we get back, I will be about 14 weeks, so I think they are trying to get it done before we go, so that it isn't too late when we get back and get in for an appointment. I honestly don't know what to expect. I didn't think that it was something that we would have to do immediately, but it took them until this week to even get me in for my first appointment. And thank you! I hope all is well with you and your little bean too!

Congrats on the wedding!! I can see how the time crunch is making scheduling all the tests difficult. These tests are so specific on when you can do them- it is limiting. At least you will know early on, so you can relax the rest of the pregnancy when you get those great results :)

Yes, it is very stressful. I figured that it would be something they would do after we got back, but they are really on top of it all with wanting it done as soon as possible. I don't know what to think. They hadn't done my bloods yet and we have only seen our little turtle on a handheld pocket sized ultrasound, and you couldn't really see much. I could see that he was in there and in the right place and I could see the heartbeat and him (or her) wiggling around and moving, but nothing was clear at all, really. So I know they don't have concerns from that. Who knows? The Edwards could have come from his ex's side, but we really want to know as soon as possible if it is something At this point, just trying to treat it as if it was no big deal and tell myself that we have a healthy little one and this is just a technicality.

I am really hoping the HG subsides a bit before the wedding. I had been dying for Mexican the last few weeks, and we finally went out and had some last night and I came straight home and lost it all. I am starting to feel like eating at all is a waste of time and not worth the hassle that is sure to follow. :wacko: OH was so sweet last night though. Before we left the restaurant I told him that if I said we needed to pull over, he needed to make it happen right away, so he drove 10 MPH under the speed limit and stayed by he side of the road and drove extra careful to not shake anything up and when I got out of the car and gagged, he ran to the door and unlocked it and cleared the way.

Good luck ladies with the wedding plans! I'm so glad we hot married 6 months ago. I'm a bridesmaid in July I'm worried enough about that lol xx

Same here! Lol! My wedding is when I came out and announced my pregnancy! And I couldn't eat the food :( sadly I couldn't even try the cake we had frozen for our one year anniversary bc that was last month, and the HG was back :( ill just have to take everyone else's word that it was delicious!

Unfortunately my dress was already paid for before we found out that we were pregnant. I may have to have it taken out a bit for June. :dohh:

Hi Ladies, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm on vacation right now so I have spotty Internet.

Sister rose, I also have a bleed. They called it a subchorionic bleed or hematoma. My midwife doesn't seem worried. It just makes me nervous knowing I could bleed again at any moment...especially since I've been in a bathing suit all week. I didn't look too closely at mine, but I think it looked very similar to yours and the word twins was never brought up to me so I think you shouldn't worry about it. Did your dr. say to refrain from intercourse at all? Mine didn't,but I forgot to ask and my accupunturist said I shouldn't dtd. I've heard some dr's. reccomend bed rest,but I think that's overdoing it for sure.

Sbmack - thanks! I've had a few people say there bleed looked very similar, so that's good. At least I know what I'm dealing with. It makes me worry thinking all these doctors I've seen are idiots because none have said haematoma, which I think it must be and nobody has even explained anything to me.
Sorry to hear you've got a bleed too but I hear they usually fix themselves so that's good.

As for not DTD,nobody told me I shouldn't but since they didn't tell me anything they didn't say I shouldn't do anything out of the ordinary.
I've also read that people have been told to bed rest, not to lift or exert themselves etc. I have a toddler to pick up so I've been lifting and also running around after her like normal and fingers crossed its been okay.

HAppy St Patrick's day everyone. The 1st one no drinking! Never thought I'd see the day!

How is Everyone today? X

Sbmack - thanks! I've had a few people say there bleed looked very similar, so that's good. At least I know what I'm dealing with. It makes me worry thinking all these doctors I've seen are idiots because none have said haematoma, which I think it must be and nobody has even explained anything to me.
Sorry to hear you've got a bleed too but I hear they usually fix themselves so that's good.

As for not DTD,nobody told me I shouldn't but since they didn't tell me anything they didn't say I shouldn't do anything out of the ordinary.
I've also read that people have been told to bed rest, not to lift or exert themselves etc. I have a toddler to pick up so I've been lifting and also running around after her like normal and fingers crossed its been okay.

I wouldn't worry about the dr. not calling it hematoma. My midwife only said it once in passing. It was the US tech who called it a bleed. She's the first one to always catch these things. My midwife said its sometimes called a hemorrhage (don't like that word one bit), but mostly called it a bleed. I'm seeing a dr. When I get back next week. At my practice they want me to see all the midwifes and all the dr.s because nyou don't choose who delivers. You can say if you'd prefer a dr. or a midwife. I will probably say I want a dr. because I really don't like the midwife that told me I was most likely miscarrying at 5 weeks when I went in for bleeding the first time.

Glad to hear your dr. pretty much said the same thing about not doing anything out of the ordinary, but wasn't over the top with reccomendations to be sedentary. I hope the bleed gets absorbed for you so it doesn't cause any more scares. That's what happened to a girl on another thread. She said it was absorbed by her 19 week US. She's 34 weeks now and everyone is healthy!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! I'm happy to celebrate my Irish heritage instead of drinking this year. What are all of your plans for today? :D

I work til 7 tonight and my love works til 1 am. We're not big party people though. Everyone be safe tonight!

Double digits tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->