Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Good luck for upcoming scans lady, it is so nerve wracking but I'm sure everything will be fine for you :) My belly button is absolutely killing after my scan. Baby was right underneath it so she was really digging it, and I have a scar on it from a laporoscopy I had 8 years ago so I think that's why, but ouch it's painful.

I've mainly told everyone now, finally told people at work, not many people were surprised given how I've been lately but a couple were really surprised which was funny. I'm feeling a bit sad at how some people have taken it though. I was dreading telling my older brother as his wife has just had a miscarriage (which I'm not supposed to know about but my dad told me). He is totally ignoring me. I really feel so awful for him and his wife but wish he wouldn't block me out. I suppose I will just have to give him some space and hope he comes round. I know it will be painful for them. DH's brother and sis in law don't seem thrilled either but I'm not sure why. She always has been a bit funny though. And one friend who keeps messing me about lately with meeting up, I texted her to let her know as I didn't want her to find out from someone else and no reply. So feeling a little bit snubbed! Being totally silly I know as I should be focusing on the positives but it is sad that some people can't seem to be happy for us.

So anyway now I've got that off my chest I'm going to think about my happy little baby bouncing around and try to get some sleep now!

Congrats on your scan broodymrs!!

AFM - I'm very happy tonight. I may have borrowed our Doppler from work for the night and found baby's heartbeat almost straight away!! :happydance: Definitely not mine, going way to quick for that. Lol. Just surprised I managed to find it so early. So so happy!!

Oh your so lucky. On my last pregnancy i found the HB around 9+2 weeks, I tired with this one yesterday but no go.... im hoping its because its still a little to early. I think i will try again on Sunday.....

Good luck for upcoming scans lady, it is so nerve wracking but I'm sure everything will be fine for you :) My belly button is absolutely killing after my scan. Baby was right underneath it so she was really digging it, and I have a scar on it from a laporoscopy I had 8 years ago so I think that's why, but ouch it's painful.

I've mainly told everyone now, finally told people at work, not many people were surprised given how I've been lately but a couple were really surprised which was funny. I'm feeling a bit sad at how some people have taken it though. I was dreading telling my older brother as his wife has just had a miscarriage (which I'm not supposed to know about but my dad told me). He is totally ignoring me. I really feel so awful for him and his wife but wish he wouldn't block me out. I suppose I will just have to give him some space and hope he comes round. I know it will be painful for them. DH's brother and sis in law don't seem thrilled either but I'm not sure why. She always has been a bit funny though. And one friend who keeps messing me about lately with meeting up, I texted her to let her know as I didn't want her to find out from someone else and no reply. So feeling a little bit snubbed! Being totally silly I know as I should be focusing on the positives but it is sad that some people can't seem to be happy for us.

So anyway now I've got that off my chest I'm going to think about my happy little baby bouncing around and try to get some sleep now!

I'm quite worried about telling people in case of negative reactions. It's why we still haven't told my parents. It seems silly, I just want people to be happy for us, but I'm scared they won't be. :dohh:

I know how you feel girly. It has upset me but i am trying to keep it in perspective and think if they can't be happy forus that is their prob. I also remember how difficult i found baby announcements when we were ttc so i'm just going to give them some space and hope they come round. Xx

Thanks hun. How was baby under you belly button? I thought the uterus didn't come from behind the pubic bone untill after 12-13 weeks? I'm confused now lol :dohh:I had a lap op a year ago Feb 2012 for fertility issues.

I wouldn't look into things too much with people and their reactions. They will all come around in time, as for your brother, don't be to harsh on him he's gone through a really emotional time, I know with me trying to get pregnant for so long and after my chemical I didn't want to know or see anyone pregnant, it's natural. As for your friend maybe she has some issues that you just don't know about otherwise don't waste your time, if she's a true friend she will come to you. As for everyone else who isn't over the moon, forget them you have enough happiness and love for bub, anyone extra is a bonus!

I'm happy for you, hope that helps! :happydance::thumbup::haha:

I'm sorry that you are feeling that way. Its really not fair when people who know whose opinion we value, react in a less than positive way. Chin up and remember that sometimes it just takes people a bit of time to process, and then they will be happy for us. Xx

Hi ladies.....I need some advice..... So my close friends and immediate family know that we are expecting, but that's it so far. I don't know why, but I've been hesitant to announce it, afraid it would I guess jinx the end result. My dh really wants me to announce it simply by posting a pic if the scan in Facebook, but I am afraid its still to early, what are your thoughts?!

In a good note I got to hear the baby's heart beat on Doppler at my midwife apt. Every time she found it, she would loose it Cuz she said the baby was so active , and kept moving away from where she was pressing down. But the heart rate carried from 173 to 182 beats per min....!!! Best sound I've EVER heard!!

Went shopping for mat clothes..man are they expensive! Bought two pairs of skinny jeans, that actually don't look like mat jeans...!!!!

Hi ladies.....I need some advice..... So my close friends and immediate family know that we are expecting, but that's it so far. I don't know why, but I've been hesitant to announce it, afraid it would I guess jinx the end result. My dh really wants me to announce it simply by posting a pic if the scan in Facebook, but I am afraid its still to early, what are your thoughts?!

In a good note I got to hear the baby's heart beat on Doppler at my midwife apt. Every time she found it, she would loose it Cuz she said the baby was so active , and kept moving away from where she was pressing down. But the heart rate carried from 173 to 182 beats per min....!!! Best sound I've EVER heard!!

Went shopping for mat clothes..man are they expensive! Bought two pairs of skinny jeans, that actually don't look like mat jeans...!!!!

i think after 12 weeks it would be fine to tell everyone, or put it on fb or whatever you choose. you are going into the second trimester, and out of the "danger zone" so speak, so this is when i think a lot of people share the big news! not too early at all in my opinion. i was so excited i was telling people at like 5 weeks lol.

Just curious if anyone else suffers from stomach aches? I've had stomach ache now for 3 days, like mild period cramps. It doesn't really come and go it's more a constant niggling stomach ache and it's really uncomfortable :/
I can't pin point one place it's worse, it hurts in my upper stomach, sometimes in my lower stomach and a bit around my back too.

I'm wondering if maybe I should ring my midwife today?

I'm going to be the same about announcing...I'll be scared the same I think. DH and I were discussing it and I said I'm not even really mad to shout out as it's such a special thing for me and him, it kinda feels too personal to share!

Just curious if anyone else suffers from stomach aches? I've had stomach ache now for 3 days, like mild period cramps. It doesn't really come and go it's more a constant niggling stomach ache and it's really uncomfortable :/
I can't pin point one place it's worse, it hurts in my upper stomach, sometimes in my lower stomach and a bit around my back too.

I'm wondering if maybe I should ring my midwife today?

Could be baby making things stretch and squash, but I've never felt it. I would say to deffo give the MW a call to check and ease your mind xx

Question ladies that have had 11-12 week scans...I'm curious now

When the doc scans with the ultrasound thingy...where do they place it? low by the pubic bone or higher?

Lady1985 - I'd imagine it'll be low by your pubic bone :)

Well, I tried to call my midwife today and her phone is off AGAIN. Im begining to wonder if she actually does any work since everybody i've seen has been covering for her too.

The only place I could get in touch with is the MAU( Maternity assessment unit) and they basically said they wont do anything because I'm under 16 weeks and if im that worried to go to the doctors. They couldve at least given me a bit of advice

Are you constipated? It sounds like constipation cramping and gas pains to me.

Thanks girls for the advice. Lindss i think 12 weeks is past the risky period for miscarriage so i'd announce, well i did! Yep sister rose, backache and stomach ache today. Lady no idea how it was under belly button, confused me too x

You know...I am actually thinking now it might be gas. Good job I didn't get in touch with my midwife panicing about gas :wacko:

It has been really uncofortable for three days though, especially after eating. At the moment every now and then I just feel a stabbing pain in my stomach and it's like owwww. But it is a bit father up.

I also have really bad nausea and aversion to food lately, and everything I eat leaves a horrible after taste in my mouth :( I've skipped on tea so far tonight because cooking it was making me heave and then the thought of eating it...blergh!

For some reason I just fancy chips with salt and vinegar

Yummy, I could live off fish, chips and mushy peas with lots of salt and vinegar!

Lady - she scanned everywhere from just above pubic bone right up to belly button. But this was because baby kept moving, she was basically chasing him all over my stomach area!

12 week scan went beautifully, baby was upright most of the time and jumping. It was kinda funny! 153 bpm and measuring RIGHT on dates, finally!

https://i.imgur.com/NzJyUum.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/X9rhix2.jpg?1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"