Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Aww girly don't give up! My doula said most women don't have their babies until 41 weeks 1 day. Sucks, I know, but at least its a hopeful statistic if you're facing induction. JB has a good point, we've got lots of time, we just don't want that time. lol. We want them to come now. We are miserable and tired and huge and we want them to come now, but in all reality we have about 2 weeks left. (Less for you more for me and JB).

Hang in there, you'll make it! :hugs:

Great story hotbump! So glad your little guy was ok

Thanks hun. Baby's got to come one way or another I suppose. Getting desperate enough to maybe even try dtd tonight, see if that helps. Lol. Have been too uncomfortable recently but hell, I'll deal with being uncomfortable if it'll start off some contractions!! :haha:

Hotbump- beautiful birth story! I am happy he didn't need the NICU in the end.

Girly- I am really surprised they didn't offer you one... my MW said yes, they might not start labour until your overdue but they are good to start at 37 weeks to keep you on track... they do work better on a ftm.

I had a check up today and another sweep... no change from last time .... blah... it looks like I'm in for the long haul again... lol

Oh and she also told me I needed to start dtd more to get things moving!! Lol

I know they don't like to do cervical checks here but it seems fairly common practice to at least attempt a sweep once you're overdue, I think she just didn't really want to to be honest. She just advised me to continue with RLT.

Looks like that's 2 of us needing to at least attempt to get in the mood tonight then. Lol.

well hopefully you go before then but if not then hopefully the sweep works for you!!

I guess so... my dh will be happy about that. I just feel so bad because I know the head is right there.. lol

My OH will think its his birthday and christmas all at once!! I haven't exactly wanted anything near that area for a while now!! Lol. Not quite sure on a comfy position yet.

Ladies I am so sorry yall are going through this. I was just so miserable towards the end. I couldn't imagine going over.

maze I had Ripley Elaine on October 8th weighing 6. Lbs 9 oz. Length was 20 in and I was 38 w 1 d

Maze- Marin Harper, 8 pounds 3.9 ounces, 20.5 inches, born on Oct 13th at 39+6

About time preggy!! :haha:

Good luck!! Can't wait to hear your story :)

Thought I'd just add my birth story. I was due to be induced on Sat 12th October due to being overdue, having a big baby and the back/hip pain I'd been having. On Sat morning the hospital called to say they couldn't induce me as they were too busy but to go in the following day. On Sunday I went to the hospital and was put on a trace. The midwife then came to see me and said I would probably be waiting 4 days on the ward to be induced as they were so busy unless I wanted to go to a different hospital. Waiting 4 days would have actually made me 14 days overdue and by that point I really wanted my baby so I said I would transfer to Chesterfield. We arrived at Chesterfield and I instantly knew it was the right decision. It seemed like a much nicer hospital and the staff were amazing. At 5pm Sunday I was given one lot of gel to induce. It didn't seem to do anything so a few hours later I was given a second dose of gel. At 10pm my contractions started but I was only 1cm dilated. I sent DH home as I knew nothing was happening and at that point I just wanted to be on my own. Overnight the contractions strengthened and I spent a lot of time in the birthing pool. At around 4.30am I rang my mum and I was in a lot of pain. She told me to ask for some pain relief and I was given pethidine. DH arrived back at the hospital at 7.30am and by this time I was in a lot of pain but the pethidine was helping. They said they didn't want to give me any more gel as they didn't want to push my body too hard, but then later decided as things weren't progressing to put me on the picotin drip. They also said that the drip would make things get painful very quickly and so recommended and epidural which I had. At first I liked the epi but after my legs went numb I didn't like having no control. I can't remember whether this happened before the epi or not but at one point I could see the trace on Dylan's heartbeat started to drop and occasionally lost his heartbeat. I didn't panic as this had happened on previous traces in my pregnancy and I was always just told it was when he had moved. I buzzed the midwife just to let her know and the next minute I had been flung on my side, the emergency buzzer had sounded, the room filled with people, I had a cannula shoved in the back on my hand, oxygen mask rammed on and several pairs of hands rooting around inside me. Within minutes if not seconds Dylan had a monitor on his head and all was fine again but at the time it was scary but I just had to remain calm and trust the professionals to do their job. There was also a problem when they went to break my waters only to find Dylan wasn't fully engaged. Turns out as I had suspected he had been popping in and out of my pelvis. The did manage to break my waters but there was meconium in them. They also warned me there was a chance his shoulders would get stuck on the way out. Finally at about 3am on Tuesday morning, after 30 hours of contractions they offered me a c section. They did say I could give it another couple of hours on the picotin but by that time I'd had enough and there were too many things that seemed to be able to potentially go wrong with a natural birth. So I opted for a c section and from then on it was plain sailing. My epi was topped up, I went off the surgery. DH sat with me and within half and hour of going into theatre I saw my little boy being lifted out of me. He weighed a whopping 10lbs, 14.5oz and all agreed he would never have come out vaginally so a c section was a wise idea. Despite the traumatic experience we are both well now, and I still think the hospital was fantastic. It has also made me realise that any future babies will definitely be a planned c section!

Yay preggy!! Good Luck!

Sorry to those ladies still waiting, been there, done that, it is rubbish!

Dylan Jesse Shemilt, born 4.18am, Tues 15th October 2013, weight 10lbs, 14.5oz. I was 41 weeks 5 days.

Yay preggy eggy... my thoughts exactly when it finally happened.

Broody glad to hear it all worked out ok. You must have been quite scared.

Well so far I spent from 7am-12pm contracting, just as the midwife and doula arrived they tailed off! They were about 6 minutes apart and lasting just over a minute, getting steadily more intense. I was so annoyed when they just fizzled out.

Started up again around 2, just as before, lasted till 4ish, this time I went for a nap after. Not long got up, standing up I was rewarded with a contraction from hell, urgh. Made the mistake of telling DH who is now making me get dressed for a walk, the b******.

Just had a bloody show and my god, how gross! I never had one with DD. I guess it's promising, but I really can't be arsed with this on off stuff. Either out or in, make up your damn mind baby!!

Go Preggy go!

Great story, hot bump.

Glad Dylan is doing well, Broody!

Girly, I hope labor starts for you soon.

Maze, Stella Grace was born on Oct. 13th at 1:49; 7lbs 4oz. 20 inches

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->