Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Thank you thank you thank you ladies. All of you have made me feel so much better. It seems that even if I pump and give her my milk and a bottle still makes her sick. We're going back to the doctors again tomorrow so we'll see what they say but in the meantime I'm giving her some formula too.

I had a hard time breastfeeding too. Every feed was hell. Marin is a completely different baby on formula and I am so much more relaxed.

I hated pumping because I hated being connected to a machine several times a day. I also hated being soggy and leaking constantly.

Just wasn't for us. Don't feel bad. As long as your baby goes to sleep with a full belly, that's all that truly matters.

Oh I'm sorry but please don't feel bad! That is what formula is for, sometime BF just doesn't work out and if she is doing better with formula that is all that matters in the end!

Just finished feeding should be going back to sleep. Everything ok. Fast approaching no breast feeding. Ryan is refusing the breast esp overnight and way prefers his formula.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

We are doin ok. Ivys still on the boob, but I'm hating it. My 15 1/2 month old has started climbing on stuff or just generally causing chaos when I'm home alone with them both and trying to bf. So I'm literally chasing a toddler with a baby on my boob. Then she likes to take an hr to eat at night feedings, so I'm kinda tired. She'll eat a lot faster during the day. Some nights I'll pump and have DH give her a bottle of boob juice, bc she'll eat that faster than off my boob. Unfortunately we haven't done that the past few nights. We are all just getting over a cold, so DH hasn't been jumping up to help at night..

Hope everyone's doin well :)

We're all good thank you. Violet seems to be attempting to drink me dry at the moment! She has formula at night or she just won't settle.

We've finally decided on a middle name; Violet May. And we've booked our appt to register her birth.

How's everyone else doing?

We are doing okay. Emma seems to never be happy. She is either eating, sleeping or crying. It gets very frustrating. Those of you that say you pump at night, how? Once Emma is awake, there is no time to pump to give dh the bottle, I have to feed her immediately, or you would think she was dying!!

Girly, Violet May is a lovely name!

Thanks angel!

I pump after I feed Violet. And at night, she has a bottle of formula so while OH is giving her a bottle, I pump. Or, while she's feeding on one side, pump on the other side.

I'll pump after I feed Ivy when I have time. Or whenever my hubby feeds her a bottle, I'll pump. Or if she sleeps a long period of time (which is rare, but we did have one 7-8 hour stretch) and if I get engorged, I'll pump :)

Glad everyone seems to b doing well, though tired!! Me too... Doing about 50% nursing and 50% formula.... She is still having issues w my milk, so my dh is really pressuring me to quit all together.... So I'm sure that's on the horizon! She hs also developed baby acne and cradle capon her eyebrows :( poor love. Those of u using formula, wht type do u use? We use nestle good start w omega 3 concentrate and she seems to like it, but want to make sure I'm giving her the best kind xx

I have sample cans of all three major brands and will probably use them all. Personally we will probably stick with enfamil. We like to buy the comparable store brand at Sam's Club.

I tried breast milk on Violet's baby acne, and it really does work wonders. I was a bit apprehensive as I'd read some babies responded well, while it worsened the acne for others. But it's worked a treat here!!

As for formula, we're just using SMA first infant milk. We've got the powder and also a few bottles of the ready-to-drink version for in case we're out and about somewhere I don't feel comfortable nursing.

I used Similac and Enfamil, regular and sensitive. Enfamil seems thicker than Similac, but it made Marin really gassy and fussy and she spit up much more.

Similac sensitive is the best for Marin, she eats more and sleeps much more restfully with less gas and spit up. Enfamil Sensitive isn't terrible, but it clumps really, really bad to the point it would clog her nipples and coat her bottles with thick chunks. She didn't seem to mind though, so that's a personal preference.

There's really no such thing as "bad" formula from what I've read. Formula is so universally regulated that it's basically all up to parents choice and what baby likes. Some have corn syrup instead of lactose and other minor differences like that. Nutritionally, they're all basically the same from brand to brand.

Apparently the difference between name brand and store brand formula is the fineness of the formula granules and how many times it's been sifted.

Don't quote me on any of this, it's all what I've figured out on a very steep learning curve over the past week or so.

Glad the breast milk helped with the baby acne Girly! It helped me too. I squeezed some in Stella's eye to help clear up her clogged tear duct (the visiting nurse suggested it). I'm not sure if that 's what cured it, but it's all cleared up now.

I hope Emma stops fussing so much for you Angel!

Stella's had her fussy moments too. She has reflux and somedays she just wails after each feeding. Its especially bad at night! I'm exhausted!!

Lindss I use the same formula. .

Started fenugreek yesterday to see if it makes a difference..doubtful.

Ok, this might be terrible but sometimes Marin will suck/swallow wrong and choke a little on her bottle and it's possibly the cutest thing ever. She coughs a little and looks up at me with big ol' eyes like "oh, no, momma!" It's pretty dang adorable. I just tilt her upright and tell her I've got her and she's just fine. Super cute.

Violet does exactly the same on both the bottle and the breast!! Sometimes it looks like it really scares her though. Scared me the first few times she did it too.

Me too! The first time she did it, I was being lazy and feeding her laying down and I thought she was choking for real. I learned my lesson but she still does it regardless. As cute as it is, sometimes she'll scare herself and forget to inhale and it's not cute anymore.

Anybody else's baby do something so cute you just want to smother them?

Lilly also had baby acne and I used breast milk on some parts and not on others and the parts I used it on the acne went away and the parts I didn't it just stayed the same so I am another who thinks it works.

She has also got 'cradle cap' on her eyebrows and ears now too and her cheeks have tiny little raised bumps that makes her skin feel quite rough.

At her 6week check up the Dr said it's all hormones still and that she might end up with dermatitis because her skin is struggling now and it runs in my family (I get it too). It all looks so painful and I swear sometimes she is trying to scratch her face because it's annoying or itchy but she ends up punching herself because her coordination is still jerky. Poor little mite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->