Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Samuel Kash born 10/31/13 after 13 hours of labor at 11:25pm at 8lb 10 oz

Congratulations jbell. You just remained a pumpkin... look forward to more details.

Woohoo!! Congrats jbell!! Two Halloween pumpkins :)

Really glad you and June went together so no one got left behind :) Hope you had a good labour and birth. Can't wait to hear more.

And birth story... so I went to the doctor at 8:30. I was dilated to 4 cm but no contractions. Doc said I could wait until Monday to be induced and he did a sweep then put me on the fetal monitor for an nst. Sam's heart rate looked great but I thought I was having contractions about ten minutes apart. Doc said yeah but we both agreed that it was probably a result of the sweep and it would stop. So we left the doctor at about 11 and got some breakfast. When we got home I started timing them and they were 5 minutes apart. So I started walking and bouncing on the ball. At about 2:30 they started coming at about 2 minutes apart and lasting a minute long. I hung out at the house until about 3:30 and they got so intense I started freaking out. I called my mom and she said I needed to go to the hospital. So I got checked again at 4pm and I was only a 5. I was really disappointed but stayed at the hospital and walked the halls and bounced. I felt like I was having good contractions and they were getting even worse. I was having a ton of bloody show and I felt like I must be dilating really well. At about 7 the contractions were getting really hard to get through and I asked to be checked again. I was only at a 6. So from 10:30-7 I had only dilated 2 cm. I was gutted and decided to get the epidural for a few reasons. One was the nurse said that I wasn't dilating because you have to relax completely during contractions and it was really hard to do. The other was my mom told me it would only get worse. Plus I was so tired and I just wanted to rest. I was afraid if I kept going like this that when it came time to push I would be to tired and end up with a section.

Man epidurals are amazing! It didn't hurt to get it, the iv hurt worse. I also liked it because I had it turned down where I could still move and feel my legs. So I got the epidural at about 8pm and I went from a 6 to a 10 in about 2 1/2 hours. It was fantastic. Even pushing wasn't that bad and I got him out in about 45 minutes with a second degree tear.

He was born at 11:25 on Halloween at 8lb 10 oz measuring 20.5 inches and he is perfect I'm every way. He is such a good baby and is very alert but sleeps and eats really well. We are having some struggles latching but we are getting through them and he is eating really well.

I am so in love! I'm also so pleased with my birth experience and would do it all over again.

Congratulations June and jbell, you had your babies on my due date :)

My Luke arrived by elcs on 24/10/13 weighing 7lb 7oz @ 9.13am. What an amazing experience the section was, so much more relaxed. Will add a picture when I get to the laptop.

All our pumpkins are here! Well done ladies we baked beautiful babies :)

Congrats as well to June and Paiytonsmummy! So glad everyone enjoyed their birth experience!

Congrats paiytonsmummy! Glad it was a much more positive birth experience for you this time.

One very proud mummy today. Violet had her 5 day midwife visit. She has only lost 3.4% of her birth weight and all her jaundice has cleared. She's feeding really well. She didn't like her heel prick test much but settled well afterwards. She's doing perfectly :cloud9:

Congrats PM, i am so happy your section was such a great experience!

Girly- Im so happy the Jaundice cleared for you! I had that with Mason too, good job Mama!!

Jbell- Congrats to you!! I am so happy we went on the same day!! Now our babies get to share halloween together and no one was left behind!! We had no November Turkeys!!

So we FINALLY decided on a name Maddox Roland Gooderham! :)

Congrats, PM!

I'm glad Violet is doing well, JBell!

Great name June! It took us nine days to name Stella. Haha.

Stella had a clogged tear duct (goopy stuff comes out of the eye. It's treated by massaging the area and wiping it away with a warm compress). We thought it went way already, but it's come back :( On a better note she had her two week check up earlier this week and is already a pound over birthweight!

Sbmack- Mason had that to and so did alot of other babies in my old group, its very common and hard to get rid of sometimes.. I think his lasted for about 1-2 months! I read somewhere that Breast milk can help and it seemed like it did a bit but i found the more i messed with it the worse it got so i just left it alone and it went away on its own.

Marin has it too. It's icky! It does seem to get worse when I mess with it too. It doesn't seem to bother her any though.

Thanks everyone! We are home now so just adjusting to life :) I'm glad we didn't turn into a November turkey too! We were 35 minutes from it!

Sbmack Violet belongs to girly! Sam is mine :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Glad Violet is doing well Girly!

Hope that little ones eye clears up soon sbmack.

Love the name june! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"