Limbo Ladies!!

Hope you're over the worst now Kim and on the road to recovery!

I bring news that after just one pessary that worked instantly on Wednesday morning, I gave birth to James William Gregson at 4.52am on Thursday 18th August - my 30th birthday! I need to write a proper birth story which I will do at some point but basically contractions became frequent during Wednesday afternoon/evening, waters broke by themselves at 9pm on Wednesday and after that contractions intensified. I was still only 3cm dilated at 10pm but went through to the delivery suite around 11pm to be put on the drip to regularise my contractions. I refused to have it unless I had an epidural at the same time so they sorted that out very quickly for me and I then had a few hours of relative relaxation before I started feeling a lot of pain in my left hip/pelvis. The epi top-up wasn't working and it turns out that the reason why was because I was fully dilated at 4am and ready to push! He came out after 52 mins of pushing that frankly I was pretty proud of - he started off face up but turned by himself during delivery. The final pushes to get his head out and the rest of his body were genuinely amazing! He was placed on me and both husband and the midwife confirmed he was a boy which was the best thing ever and made me so glad I stayed on team yellow, especially as he was my birthday baby too! I delivered the placenta with just a little push after having the injection for a managed third stage. He weighed 7lb 7oz and is perfect in every way.

Sadly I managed to suffer a third degree tear (which I never even felt happen to be honest) so I had to leave James and husband for a few hours to go into theatre where I had a full spinal block after problems with the epidural meant I couldn't just use that for the pain relief during the operation. Disappointing that I birthed by myself but needed a full spinal for the damage! I was awake during the op and they seem to have done a good job as I've had no problems with the stitches or anything and toilet visits are ok.

I stayed in hospital until yesterday morning to ensure his feeding was sorted out as he was a bit erratic in his latching. We seem to have got the hang of it now and he is breastfeeding quite happily although he is sick quite a bit. The care in hospital was absolutely second to none, nothing was any bother and no question stupid. They have an excellent infant feeding team who supported me tons. I'm glad to be home but Wigan Infirmary maternity and delivery unit will remain forever in my heart!

Thank you all for the support and friendship during pregnancy ladies and good luck to those of you with bundles yet to arrive - I am shattered, have had no sleep since Wednesday and my boobs feel like they're boulders on fire but James' little face is worth it! I will post pics when we've got some up on the PC - we are frankly too tired to do anything at the moment!

I havent been here for weeks!!!

Congratulations Vicki!!! Hope its all going well.

Will get my backside back on here and do some serious catching up with everyone who isnt on my FB. If anyone wants to add me just PM me xx

Awww Vicki, congrats!!! I knew it was a boy, hehe! I bet he's gorgeous, can't wait to see some pics xxx

heyyy ive not been on for a while due to every1 bein on fb lol! vicki do i have u on fb?? congratuilationsssssssssssssssss!!!!!

well i found out hayden is lactose intolerant today so no more dairy for meeeeeeeeeeee! goba be so hard but il do it for him! hopefully it helps me lose weight too! if it does il probs not go back to it!!!

off to bingo tonight with the old dear so im milking myself at the mo for chris to do feeds while im gone!!!

hope everyone is ok n settling into motherhood! is that everyone popped now!??? xxxxxxx

Hi guys! I've been so useless and havent found much time to come on B&B but will make a concious effort after this post :) Hope everyone & their little ones are well.
CONGRATS VICKI!!

I think we've all popped have we?

Also anyone who hasn't got me on facebook either, pm me :)

lots of love to my limbo ladies. xxx

Hi all!!! Today is my due date and baby b is looking like he's staying put a while longer..... Never in a million years did I think I'd go over!! Gutted!!

Hi all!!! Today is my due date and baby b is looking like he's staying put a while longer..... Never in a million years did I think I'd go over!! Gutted!!

Hope something starts for you soon my lovely.
xxx

Aww Katie, I hope things get moving along for you soon. Know how frustrating it must be, but at least the end is in sight for you now :)

Yay Vicki, congratulations on your boy. What a birthday present!! Can't wait to see pics :) Hope you're taking care of yourself x

Just wondering who's still subscribed to this thread! How are all your ladies doing :)?
Time seems to fly it's going by so fast and things change so quickly.
I was flicking through all the pictures we have of Sophie and was amazed how much she has changed in 3 months!
I hope you're all getting on wel and that your'e enjoying your LO's!!

Attachments

• Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
Im still subscribed! But most of us seem to be on Facebook these days xxx

I'm still subscribed too! But hardly ever get time to come onto the computer and facebook is much easier on my phone now! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->