--Lion Cubs - Mummy and Baby Group!-- We are all One Year Old!

Aw I love those big hanging butterflies, so pretty and girly!

Hiya ladys i dont know if you rember me i have not been on for so long.

I have read back a little bit and it is good to see some ppl are still around. I can't belive our babys are 2 in 6 weeks Lucas has staered the 2s early i think and is a little tink at times. (couldnt think of a better word). We are just satring to potty trane in the last few days just taking it slow as he still isnt realy talking but know every thing you say.

we have had poo probs for a few months now and every time he gose he is screaming so took him to the GP and he is on a poo softner (sp) now and had a nice soft poo today so it seems to be work. I felt so sorry for him as he was bleeding every time he went and screamed so much pluss he was porring with sweat trying to push poor mite.

i will keep coming in now i have a few mins in a day iam now a newly marred woman so have got a mins in a day that are free from wedding planing yay but boo to it being over i want to do it agane. Lucas was so good at the wedding and looked very swish he walked down with Rueben and sat and wached mummy and daddy become Mr&Mrs

:wave: I remember you!

Congrats on the wedding!!!

Kira has had poo troubles since she started solids at 6 months. They are very big and hard and because of that she will hold off on pooping so the poos end up getting harder and harder. We've used glycerin suppositories in the past since she won't go for a week or more. The doctor gave her an oral stool softener, and that didn't work either and she hated taking it :dohh:

The best food for helping her poop is sunflower seeds- the little inside part (I think its called the kernal). She prefers the salted ones. Flax seeds help too and if she takes a break from sunflower seeds I'll add some flax seeds to her food. My MIL makes flax seed cookies and Kira gobbles them up and then makes a nice soft poo. Right now she's doing good with poops and going every 2-3 days and she doesn't cry or need a suppository :thumbup: I've also been pushing drinks on her, and keeping cups of water and juice all around the house so she can take sips throughout the day. I hope he starts having easier poops- it's awful watching them in pain :cry:

Hi Ladies,

Another oldie here, don't know if you still remember me. Good to see the thread still very much alive and busy!! Hope you are all well and your beautiful LO's. Cannot believe they will be two soon. My little princess will be two next month and she is ever so lively. Working on TTC number four at the moment, should be fun

He is on laxalos (ithink thats what it is called) he is really good with eating his fruit and veg i just dont get why he is like he is he never use to be but the stuf seems to be work he has had 2 soft ish poos today and he had no probs with them coming out.

Mimiso i rember you i can't belive after 2yrs people are still around well its more with the 9 months of preg as well. good luck on #4 ithink we are sticking with just the 2 even thow i would love 1 more at lest

Hi Mimiso, I remember you too!

I think it's called lactulose- its the same softener that Kira was on. Kira's the same- she eats tons of fruits and veg, and eats loads of prunes too. The seeds help big time though- I wish I would have figured it out when she was 6 months old.

Hey tmr and mimiso! Congrats on the wedding tmr. :dance:

Mimiso- Didn't you guys say you were done at 3? I think I remember that. :haha: Good luck with TTC. We have a TTC group on here too for the lion cubs if you want to pop over. It's in the TTC group section. :thumbup:

After coming ack on here i soooooo want to try for 1 more but i know hubby will NEVER say yes to 1 more as Lucas is so much of a hand full.

Lucas had a drink today and pored it on the floor on my brand new carpet and then tryed to suck it out lol
day 3 of the poo med and it seems to be working he hasnt screemed when having 1 so tuch wood.

so more on the birthday topic :lol:

I had the BEST time strolling through the craft store today looking at all the stuff for cake decorating! I found cupcake wrappers that will make cupcakes look like sunflowers! Sort of like these, but the petals are all yellow and shaped like a sunflower. I think a chocolate cupcake would be perfect :thumbup: Then I could put candy butterflies on top. https://www.thebakerskitchen.net/images/products/detail/petal_baking_cup.jpg

I'm leaning more towards getting Kira a work bench instead of a doll house. She's been obsessed with helping DH in his woodshop, so if I could get her some plastic tools of her own she will love that. I'll take a look online later tonight and see what I can find and then post some options.

oooooooooh just had a look there are some pretty cool toys

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wooden-Toy...ONQI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1309121867&sr=8-5

Amazon has loads!

Love the cupcake wrappers too!

I don't know what we are going to do for Sophia's birthday. The following day we have a joint birthday party for her and her ante-natal pals down in Kent. So that means we will prob go down to Kent to stay with my parents on her actual birthday which limits are arty possibilities!

this one is neat too https://www.amazon.com/Step-2-762700-Projects-Workshop/dp/B000FHQJLW/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1309140327&sr=8-25

it comes with foam pieces that look like wood and the kid can "build" something. I know it's too advanced for Kira right now, but DH would have fun building things. I think a good toy is one that both the kid and parent enjoy (like playdough :haha:) DH seemed excited when I told him and even said her toy bench could go down in his wood shop :thumbup:

Shiv- do you think your parents will organize a party for Sophia? At the least you could have a cake and invite a few people over to celebrate. I'm only going to have 7 people at Kira's party (including me, DH and Kira :lol:) so it seems a little psycho that I'm getting overly excited about it. If I'm lucky my brother will fly out, but I'm not counting on it since he's getting a new puppy right around her b-day.

All the birthday talk makes me think i better start buying things as my 2 are 2 dats apart i have not got a clue what we are doing for there b'days we may have a joint party on the 2nd then just go around mum & dads house's on the 4th. I have not got a clue what to get them eather i realy need to get rid of some toys out of the house we still have all ruebens from when he was a baby so me thinks a big sort out will have to come.

tmr- thats nice to have their birthdays close so they can't have jealousy while the other one has their party. Me and my brother are born 2 days apart and we always had joint parties. :thumbup:

So girls, I need some ideas on party games! I'm pretty certain I will have slightly more people at Kira's party then I expected so I want some fun games that people in their 50's might enjoy. There will be 8 adults total (and Kira).

The only thing I can think of is blinded pin the tail on the donkey. So everyone pushes a pin into a covered up picture and then the picture is revealed and the winner wins a prize.

I also need prize ideas. The party is butterfly themed and so far I've thought of a butterfly wind chime.

... any suggestions??!

Does it need to be games that both Kira and the grown-ups will enjoy?

I am a fan of any childrens party games so would be easily pleased with musical chairs, pass the parcel etc:haha:

in terms of prizes what about a butterfly bottle stopper for wine

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Butterfly-...LE3C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1309719986&sr=8-3

or butterfly coasters (not to my taste but you never know!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Set-4-Glass-Butterfly-Coasters/dp/B002Z7VLE0

or a butterfly paper weight, or a butterfly garden set..........

oh and how about for the game instead of playing pin the tail on the donkey you could play pin the antenna on the butterfly!

sorry they might be terrible ideas!

Shiv- those prize ideas are perfect!!!! If I can round up prizes like that I will have people cheating at Kira's party :haha:

For games I might need ones that are more sedentary :haha: but they don't have to necessarily involve Kira. Pin the antennae on the butterfly is perfect! After I wrote my post I thought of a game where all the adults draw a picture with crayons and Kira picks her favorite :haha:

Okay, I need some input since DH refuses to listen to me (he thinks I'm crazy :haha:)

The games will be:
1. Pin the antennae on the butterfly
2. Kira trivia- about 12 questions and whoever gets the highest score wins
3. Pipe cleaner butterfly contest. Everyone makes a butterfly out of pipe cleaners and then Kira picks her favorite. Picking her favorite is a game we play all the time. She goes hmmmm hmmmm hmmm and really thinks about it, and then chooses :thumbup:
4. Butterfly color game: everyone colors a butterfly and Kira picks her favorite.

I keep thinking of more arts and crafts games but I don't want to bore everyone. I feel like I need a gambling type game to appeal to one of my guests who won't be thrilled about all the arts and crafts things :haha:

For prizes so far I found:
1. butterfly coat hook
2. tiny butterfly flower pot
3. butterfly pendant
4. butterfly themed box

Everything seems sort of fem, so I'm trying to think of something men might want.

the prizes
https://www.razortoe.com/share/party/gifts.jpg

the game supplies- the butterfly things are cardboard intended to color on. And that bag has pipe cleaners incase you don't know what a pipe cleaner is :haha:
https://www.razortoe.com/share/party/games.jpg

I tink it all sounds awesome! so much more imaginative than my plans (which were to throw the boys into the garden wth a a ball and feed the rest of us sandwiches and cake :lol: )

you want a butterfly-themed gambling game? hmmmm. how about... you get some wind-up caterpillars and set them all together and race them? you could always pin butterfly wings to them!

I need to keep my guests busy so it will hopefully prevent any innapropriate conversations from starting :haha: It's way too hot and buggy here in August to have an outdoor party otherwise I would send everyone outside as well. I'm hoping my next is born in May!

Some sort of betting on racers is doable and I know Kira would love it too. I'll have to see if DH has little battery operated cars that we can stick butterfly wings on :haha:

And what about a beer bottle opener (with a butterfly on) as a prize for the men. still a bit feminine but no man is gonna complain as long as it opens beer!

Oh and we have pipe cleaners here too, I wonder if anyone actually uses them to clean pipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->