List threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the list threads love to see what everyone's has bought. I have one on my iPad but not on here. Gets me all excited to see what you have all bought or made.

I love reading the list threads as I also get ideas for things that I may not have seen etc.

I am also in awe of some of the ladies who have massive lists and then you get to the end and find they have actually spent a fraction of the RRP for the things they have. If anyone was struggling financially for Christmas, some of these threads are a real help as they demonstrate you can still get a good amount of gifts on a budget if you shop around, maybe get involved with surveys, top cash back etc

X

I always look for the list threads for ideas.

I have done one just in case it will help anyone else think of things.

We all have different sized budgets so if the stuff in the list your looking at is over your budget then look at a different list. It doesn't mean that it's over everyone's budget.

I do wish people would put on the thread titles the age and sex that the list is for though, just makes it easier to pick out the relevant ones :D

Don't see the issue with them either, if we didn't have lists then we wouldn't have stash pics either or what have you bought today because they're all pretty similar.

I get what you mean too. I don't ever look at the lists on here, I also don't write a list in real life as my dc only get 3-4 presents max.

When I have come across the lists, I am amazed, not by how much people spend, but by how many thing are on the list (we're quite minimilist), but it doesn't make me feel sad for me, my children, or those that can't afford lots of things or expensive things. Because I know that the way I am doing presents is important to my family.

This is the xmas thread after all, the lists/stashes/decoration pics/food ect is what it's all about! You could get sad/jealous about any element of it, but what would be the point of that?

I've made a list post and didn't do it to brag so I am sorry if caused offence. I did it because 1.To give others ideas 2. Because I love lists
Actually I think it was purely down to my list obsession I have three lists of the same thing (on pc,notebook and phone) and writing it all down and ticking it off gets me stupidly excited... also posted lists on third trimester when I was pregnant with both girls.
I love this page as its for all us crazy Christmas obsessed people to get together and talk all things Christmas, hoping not too many people get upset as that's not what this page/group is about (I hope)

🎅 🎄🎁 ❤

I like them, I think it's really interesting seeing what everyone has bought! I am comfortable in the knowledge that I have spent the right amount on my children on the right things. I have spent less than £100 on each, I know some people spend much more or less too and that's fine.

I don't have a problem with the list threads, I like to have a look at them as I'm quite nosy :haha:. I also don't have a problem with this thread- it is always good to be considerate of others and I do know that a few people irl who felt pressured into spending more than tey could afford after seeing/earing what other people were buying for their children so I can see why you would worry :flower:

I do like reading lists to get ideas. It is a guilty pleasure. I also understand that people want to share the excitement of Christmas shopping.

Last year, however, there are many times when I left Santa's Grotto in tears. I honestly had no money for Christmas (seriously, I could barely afford basic groceries so even a 5$ present meant 5$ less to eat on). Seeing people spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on presents without a second thought seemed so unfair. It wasn't really anyone else's fault. I could have just not looked. But I understand it can be frustrating at times.

I always feel like I haven't got enough compared to anyone else, so I just don't read them, and stick to christmassy topics like family traditions and stuff. That way I get to enjoy the grotto, and everyone else can enjoy reading/posting about what they've bought :flower:

I love reading all the threads dont see them as bragging at all. I also dont think they make people feel bad. I think on a Christmas section on a forum it is fine to post about presents. If you read them all you will see most of us are bargain hunters and everyone helps each other out.

To me its no different to people posting about going on holiday or going for expensive meals etc.

I stopped reading them only because I realised I've gone overboard :dohh: the odd ones I read have given me inspiration in the past

The reason I've made one Is too keep track of all my ideas and what I've bought, it was never ment to be a brag

Never once when i've made list threads has it crossed my mind that i'm going to sit here and brag about the things i've brought. It's purely there to give other people ideas as well as keep myself organised.

I'm having a budgeted Christmas compared to usual, and I find other peoples lists extremely helpful when it comes to buying things whether it be for DD or other members of my family.

You'd be surprised with how much things do actually cost and I'm unsure if you have read the "make extra money" thread but you'll probably find that some of the gifts were either free or at a deal/discounted price and cost little to nothing. Even the ladies who have stated prices can show they're not at full RRP, which I'm sure they would do if they wanted to brag as such.

I did a list, not to show off - I didn't even think about that - but to help myself keep track, and to give others some ideas as I know I've got ideas from peoples lists or there are always people asking for inspiration.
I know it sounds silly saying to keep track but I have a list on paper that I tick as I order, then tick again as it arrives but I still felt there was loads on the lists to buy and I can miss things that should be ticked. Doing one on here I could make the unbought items red and when I saw how little red there was I felt like I had actually made a really good dent in the shopping and felt accomplished.

Now that I think about it again, I did do a list last year, and I am tempted to do one again. It's mostly for sharing ideas and keeping track... but I admit it might be a little bit of bragging. I like to brag about how little I spend. :haha:

I don't think its any different really from the "what have you bought/ordered today", "whats been delivered today" and "stash pics" threads really. Except each persons gifts are in one place.

I love the lists threads. It's gets me more excited for Christmas. The ones with pictures are my favorite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"