Literally CANNOT keep my eyes open at work

kayandjayplus

Reaction score
im 5w 2days and the exhaustion has hit me and DF BIG TIME.

i am at work now as i write this post super slouched in my chair, pants unbuckled (shirt covering that though lol), and hardly can move. I feel so sluggish and haven't told anyone at work yet and don't want to until at least 13-14wks. any of you have any good remedies to combat extreme exhaustion at work? :cry:

i tried eating a banana.. only worked for about 2-5 min
i stepped out for air and took a 30 min walk..felt better but still wore off quickly

i don't know what to do! and i don't wanna seem carefree or unprofessional at work but i have to listen to my body and it is telling me to rest :sleep: rest :sleep: rest :sleep:

HELP! :nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope::nope:

I unfortunately have no real help to offer. :(

But I'm with you....yesterday I slept most of the day away so I'm alright today but I was dead on my feet all day. I sit here with my pants unbuttoned as well (thank goodness for long shirts and sweaters) and I find myself having to get up and take a little walk every half hour. But I don't know what else to do to help. I think we are just at that point where the fatigue is going to start hitting us. I'm a bit ahead of you but fairly close. Lord help us. lol

I went through that around 4-6 weeks. It gets a little better, or you learn to cope better. I'll be honest I was still (and am still) trying to fully kick the soda habit. I still have one every few days, but never more than 1 a day. At that time, I think I had 2 a day just to keep awake at work. Not healthy I know but I had to do something. That, and I took catnaps on lunch in my car, or got up literally every half hour to walk around. Drinking lots of water helps, getting up to get water, getting up to pee, etc.

I would go into the bathroom stall and close my eyes for 10 or 15 mins....not ideal, but I literally would fall asleep at my desk. Head nodding over and everything....It does pass, but those days can be the worst...

I'm having a difficult time also! So, so tired :sleep: A co-worker told me a few years ago that she would prop her head up and sit at an angle that looked like she was reading something at her desk and close her eyes for 10-15 minutes at a time in her first trimester. I think going into the restroom and just closing your eyes for 10-15 minutes is a good idea. It's impossible to just 'power through it'.

I could have written this post a month ago... the fatigue hit me BIG time and always around 1pm or 2pm and lasted all the way until bedtime. That plus a little nausea was not a good combo.

Feeling more energetic now thankfully... and the nausea has disappeared and left me with an appetite! :)

I was like this when I had Sadie but it peaked at the end if 1st tri/beginning of 2nd. I was so exhausted I felt as though I was coming down with a virus (every muscle ached, couldn't keep my eyes open, my skin was sore to the touch). I went to gp to ask what would help and she said sleep and signed me off work for 2 weeks, returning on reduced hours for a further two weeks.

I hope yours doesn't continue for quite so long.x

The best solution I found is just staying active, it's hard to want to get up when you're feeling lifeless but, try to go for a walk here and there if you can and make sure you're eating healthy!

Thanks for all the wonderful replies ladies!!

It is actually getting worse by the day. i had to call out of work yesterday my body was basically immobile the entire day and i can't even believe it!!

and yes, the nausea is excruciating :cry: i try to take big gulps and that helps me alot.

but basically i have just been trying to take the walks (it helps actually) and i prop my head into a position that looks like i am reading and try to take light naps as much as i can!

i have no appetite at all everything taste and smells gross this is so depressing (but will be worth it in the end :happydance:)

and the even more sucky thing is that i have to take poops while at work (tmi sorry) but the office is SOO small my coworkers would hear everything so i'm stuck trying to hold my poop until i get home which sometimes doesn't go over well considering i get constipated sometimes. ugh the wonder wonderful joys of the 1st trimester.

13 weeks get here NOW!!!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Thanks for all the wonderful replies ladies!!

It is actually getting worse by the day. i had to call out of work yesterday my body was basically immobile the entire day and i can't even believe it!!

and yes, the nausea is excruciating :cry: i try to take big gulps and that helps me alot.

but basically i have just been trying to take the walks (it helps actually) and i prop my head into a position that looks like i am reading and try to take light naps as much as i can!

i have no appetite at all everything taste and smells gross this is so depressing (but will be worth it in the end :happydance:)

and the even more sucky thing is that i have to take poops while at work (tmi sorry) but the office is SOO small my coworkers would hear everything so i'm stuck trying to hold my poop until i get home which sometimes doesn't go over well considering i get constipated sometimes. ugh the wonder wonderful joys of the 1st trimester.

13 weeks get here NOW!!!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I have to say it's probably not healthy to hold in your poop like that, it can make constipation worse. I'm sorry you have a small office, but doesn't everyone else defecate occasionally? Surely even if they notice (they probably aren't paying as much attention to your bathroom habits as you think they are), they do realize it is something everyone does?

I'm quite the opposite. I seem to ONLY be able to poop at work. I get kind of constipated on the weekends :shrug: (Hey, might as well poop while I get *paid* to poop :haha:)

kayandjayplus, i'm really, really looking forward to the second trimester too! i am totally exhausted today.

hi lady im only 5 weeks and couple of days but i have insomnia for the past 3 nights. is it normal ? i cant seem to sleep at night even though im really tired but have to take 1, 2 naps during the day for couple of hours otherwise my eyes would not open. i find it very exhausting . anyone else have the same problems ??

hi lady im only 5 weeks and couple of days but i have insomnia for the past 3 nights. is it normal ? i cant seem to sleep at night even though im really tired but have to take 1, 2 naps during the day for couple of hours otherwise my eyes would not open. i find it very exhausting . anyone else have the same problems ??

I have had insomnia for about 2 weeks. I'm 7w3d and it is horrible. Some nights where I thought that I got some sleep, I want to go back to bed 2 hours after I wake up. I got out of the Military last year so that we can have a family and I won't have to worry about being deployed. So I am not working right now. I honestly do not know how women can work in their first trimester. I would not make it through the day!! Also, my dreams are very vivid and I remember everything about them. I never ever dream normally......its so weird! Oh the joys :)

I'm 12 weeks and I feel you! I have been completely wiped since about week 5. On the weekends I've been sleeping 11-12 hours straight and then feeling like I need to take a nap later :/ looking forward to the 2nd trimester and maybe feeling like myself again!

this is actaully happening to me too! i am so tired while at work then i get home at night and can't sleep! i try to take naps when i can but when i get home in the early evening and take a nap ill end up sleeping until like 3 4 am then can't go back to sleep and then it's a cycle because once i'm at work im WIPED OUT :sleep:

kayandjayplus, i'm really, really looking forward to the second trimester too! i am totally exhausted today.

you and me both! i actually think i might be a week ahead of what i thought i am (i hope so) so i might be a little closer than i thought! how far along r u?

I'm 12 weeks and I feel you! I have been completely wiped since about week 5. On the weekends I've been sleeping 11-12 hours straight and then feeling like I need to take a nap later :/ looking forward to the 2nd trimester and maybe feeling like myself again!

lucky you the 2nd trimester is right around the corner...it's crazy how tired it makes us...

I'm in the same boat - exhausted all day and have a hard time falling asleep! I don't take any naps, so that's not the reason I have a hard time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->