little advice iv heard

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
was just looking through the what to pack thread and saw a few people worrying about cleaning the first poop with cotton wool as most hospitals say no wetwipes as cotton wool and water is softer for baby, well i heard from a good friend that the best way to prevent the poop sticking all over baby is when they are born before you put a nappy on rub a thin layer of vaseline on babies bum and it creates a sort of barrier, making it easy to wipe away the babies poop and without having to rub it to much so also not sore for baby, i will be doing this this time as i didnt know to last time and them first poops are really difficult to clean with cotton wool lol

yeah i remember jacks first poo in hospital! and trying to clean it was a nightmare with cotton wool and water, so messy lol, so i will try this thanks x

good tip will give it a go, not looking forward to first change.....lol x x

Everyone here i've asked has said wipes are OK... No one really uses cotton wool...

Thanks for posting this, I'd heard it before but completely forgot. I'm gonna take my wipes with me anyway, even the midwife at my antenatal cass said that they can't stop you using them, it is your baby after all. The ironic thing is that thay give you a pack of wipes in the bounty pack you are given once bubs is born! lol
xx

Everyone here i've asked has said wipes are OK... No one really uses cotton wool...

Ya it's different over here... the nurses in N.I.C.U. used wipes on Jayce for his first poop. But I do remember that it is still quite hard to get off from when I had William... so the vaseline tip is a very good one!!

Sounds like a great tip, but the likelyhood of me remembering at the time is zilch!!!

Thats a fabulous tip! Thank you!

I will being doing this :) i am also taking wipes aswell as cotton wool though in my hospital bag.

Great tip! I remember that 1st poop!!! x

i will not remember this tip lol but sounds great. i bought cotton wool pleats instead of balls so i can get bigger chuncks, my friend took cotton balls and got poop in het finger nails and everywhere lol. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->