Little Argos moan

motherofboys

Reaction score
So I went to collect my reservations today, baring in mind I placed the reservation on Tuesday, and it said 1 item wouldn't be ready until Sunday-Monday, everything else was ready immediately, but I had till today to collect them.
I go in and give the lady my reservation number and she says oh sorry this isn't in. We had a problem with the delivery and it's only being unpacked now, I'll check your other numbers. So I give her the other numbers and she say 1 part of this one is ready, and the 3rd one isn't in yet (these are all things the website told me were in stock) so she extended the reservation till tomorrow. I've come home and checked my emails and there's the confirmation of the extension, except each only has 1 item on it now! And some things aren't showing as in stock for me to reserve to collect tomorrow with it. And 1 thing isn't available for home delivery either so I can't even do that. I've got to reserve to pick up from home base if I want it all from Argos on the 3 for 2. It's either that or pay full price/more for them, especially given the fact that the Imaginext power rangers are 8.95, 2 for £15 or 3 for 2 on Argos but 13.99 each on Amazon. But I hate that I can't know which ones I'll get. I could go through all this get there and they've only got 1 set of characters instead of 3 different sets :dohh:

Oh no, stupid argos! When I reserved my 3 for 2 items it said all were in stock but then told me that only one was available for collection on sunday but not the rest - my reservation ran out on Sunday. I put the items on camel camel to watch and one has already come down on amazon so have given up with argos now. Why has it got to be so difficult?!

I stopped buying from them a couple of years ago because whenever there was a sale none of the good stuff was in stock. Went back to them because the price difference on Amazon is 4-5 per item I've ordered and obviously in the 3 for 2 deal it's even better but I'm going to sit tonight and see if I can find them at a reasonable price elsewhere.

I hope to manage to find some or that argos gets it's act together for you. When it's that much difference I don't blame you for wanting to get them in the 3 for 2 x

Argos can be a nightmare for this. TBH the 3for 2 only ever works out for me if I wanted three fairly expensive toys anyways. Otherwise I can usually find what I want for less on Amazon. This year Argos don't actually stock anything that I want ! Instead two things I'm after are toys r us exclusive...ughhhh. good luck getting ure Argos order sorted. Just Go and have a moan =-)

I had an issue too! Reserved my things, two were available next day but the other took 3 days so I went down on the third day to the 'pay yourself' machine and it said only 2 of my items were in stock. So I went to a till and the till said 2 items were in stock, but different ones to the machine, so the one that was out of stock was suddenly in and another suddenly not.
The lady said that they have this same problem every single sale because the system can't take it. It says things are out of stock when really they are there, It's about time they sorted it out!
Turns out they had all 3 of my items after I told them I refuse to leave the store until they find them because I made a special journey to go there when I could've got them online and that if they need to then they'll have to go and fetch them from another store for me while I wait because I'd had a text specifically telling me they were all ready -amazing how quick they found the 'out of stock' items. A few minutes before there was nothing they could do but re order! X

I'm having difficulty finding the other items anywhere but Amazon and if I'm adding £5 on to each item it's a bit much really. I'd even be happy to get the 4 that are in the 2 for £15 at those prices rather than the Amazon price.
I now have some items reserved at 2 different stores, walking distance from each other for collection tomorrow. So hopefully can get the 3 for 2 on them. It's just these figure packs that are stressing me out. Why can't they just lust each one individually rather than giving you random ones. I could end up with 3 packs of pink and green rangers and no others.

I could wait it out with Amazon I suppose for the price to drop but I was all excited about actually having those things in my stash *sigh*

I officially hate Argos 3 for 2, they never have what I want in stock. Given up now :shrug: xx

I've found the imaginext figures in toys r us with 3 for 2 on imaginext toys only problem is I'm not that close to stores would have to get it delivered. Still its cheaper than amazon and would make the 3rd one about half price so I'm not sure what to do

Got to argos and 1 part STILL wasn't ready! went round to homebase where they have an argos collect bit and I had reserved everything over again and they had it all and I asked if I could make sure all the imaginext power rangers were different and he said yes, and I managed to get all the set and all the other things I wanted too and in the 3 for 2 so 2 of the power ranger sets were free woo hoo

I've just realised how many times I said ' and ' in that last comment ha ha

Hahaha I didn't noticed til I read it back after you said! Glad you got everything x

What I tend to do with Argos 3 for 2 is order the day before the sale goes live as if I do it on the day nothing I want is in stock but was the day before the last 2 Argos sales everything I wanted was in and if there is one reservation number but all different colours on it I reserve double the amount so they have to get them in this time I wanted the spiderman but there was 4 colours of him but 1 number so I reserved 8 lol and got 3 out of the 4 because u can look before u buy with them I did it with another figure too and got the 2 I wanted luckily

Glad you managed to get everything in the end!

I've found the imaginext figures in toys r us with 3 for 2 on imaginext toys only problem is I'm not that close to stores would have to get it delivered. Still its cheaper than amazon and would make the 3rd one about half price so I'm not sure what to do

Just posted some 1/2 price imaginext argos deals on the bargain thread if you still need to get anything? x

Whoop my first grotto post of 2015.
Argos peed me off too. My mum offered me some £ as the 3for2 deal meant I would save quite a bit and her too. Only when I put everything in my basket and went to pay every item except one was out of stock!

What I tend to do with Argos 3 for 2 is order the day before the sale goes live as if I do it on the day nothing I want is in stock but was the day before the last 2 Argos sales everything I wanted was in and if there is one reservation number but all different colours on it I reserve double the amount so they have to get them in this time I wanted the spiderman but there was 4 colours of him but 1 number so I reserved 8 lol and got 3 out of the 4 because u can look before u buy with them I did it with another figure too and got the 2 I wanted luckily

I reserved them the day before it started, but it said 1 item wouldn't be ready to collect until Sunday-monday. Went on the Monday and it wasn't in, nor were half the other things!
Yeah the power rangers were like that 1 code but 3 different types

Just posted some 1/2 price imaginext argos deals on the bargain thread if you still need to get anything? x

I think I've got all the imaginext stuff I had my eye on but will look anyway because you never know lol thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->