'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

That's my biggest fear at the moment that they will find something wrong with her and she'll have to be taken away. RAtionally, I know it would be the best thing to help her, but selfishly, I feel like the time I should be having with her could be taken away. I don't know how you coped hun but the fact you did makes you such an amazing mummy. :)

Yeah it's at 2pm, but got told we could be there for a while depending on emergency referrals coming in etc. Just hope we're not too long cause SIL is looking after the boys for me and I don't like not being there when they go to bed.

hi girls,i now have my 2 under 2! louie was born on monday night!

i was fine,until today the baby
blues have hit me hard,i feel so overhwhelmed and terrified of dan going back to work :cry:

plesae tell me it gets easier!? im sooooooooooooo exhausted.

ahhh CONGRATS!! :)

It is hard at first, as it takes time to re-adjust, but once you get into the swing of thigns it becomes a lot easier :) How is Oscar liking his new baby brotheR?

Aww congrats Hun!
Things are only just getting better for me now I'm afraid to say! But Hayden had silent reflux and I had a csection so that was a lot of extra to deal with!
Try and keep your elder one in his routine, walk everyday to get out the house and help the youngest sleep in the pram. We did 5 miles a day and I'm now in my topshop size 10 skinny jeans :)
You'll be fine when he goes back to work, you'll sort out a good routine with them both... Keep snacks and stuff for him handy when you are feeding Louie, are you bf or ff? I struggled with bf, couldn't handle it with 2 but ladies in here manage fab :)

I knew the feeling Charlie, I just wanted to scoop her up and take her home, after all I'm her mummy and I could look after her! But you do know in your heart that if they need extra help then so be it :) hopefully you'll get seen quickly, nothing worse than waiting around!

I agree with Michelle -things finally went into a routine etc at about 5months, and like her LO - he had silent reflux, colic etc etc. Hopefully Louie will be a lot easier :) x

Charlie, please keep us well updated about Phoebe and her heart. Try not to worry, though I know that is far easier said than done. Ruby spent 33 days in the NICU and I won't lie, it was heart breaking. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to endure.

My OH has officially graduated! I am so so proud of him. He starts his new job on Monday and he is excited but daunted by it, understandably. We are in London until tomorrow morning before heading back home to Cardiff. I'll be doing a fairly big update in my journal tomorrow about everything :)

louies very windy :dohh: so im thinking he'll be a colic head like osc!

im combi feeding at the moment,were giving him aptimil at night/morning because i literally am so tierd and BF is not settling him.

also i feel so guilty because ill be playing with osc and then louie needs feeding and ill be stuck to him un able to move for an hour,which when dan goes back to work will just not be do able,i feel so guilty stopping though :(

oscs been such a good little boy,theres been 1 hit and when he crys he shouts NO! :haha: but hes adjusting well,it must be so hard for him.

i keep crying when i look at him,thinking it was me and him 24/7 he was my world now hes got to share me,is this normal!?

it doesnt help that MIL made severel stupid comments when i was preg saying how "sorr y she feels" for oscar :nope: . . .

gah im abit all over the place at the moment . . .

ive had a nice bath and some food though which has helped!

p.s im so thanful for this thread! i think its really going to help me!

Hun - what you are feeling is completely normal, you've given your undivided attention to one little boy and now another one comes along. In a years time (or even less), you'll see them playing together and all your worries and fears will go away. Yes they'll fight .. all siblings do, but when I look at Stephen and Henry together I can see how much they love each other. Your MIL is being stupid and needs to keep quiet - she's not helping the situation either! Next time tell her he's only 5 days old, he needs more attention than Oscar needs right now and Oscar will understand. When you can guess when he needs a feed, set up a quick sit down activity so whilst you're feeding you and Oscar can 'talk' and do something i.e. drawing, brick building etc. You're also bound to be all over the place - your hormones are just starting to settle back down, you're adjusting to two children, you're having broken sleep again, you're bf again etc etc it's hard at first but soon you won't even remember how 'hard' it was it will become second nature :)

You always have us on here to talk to - we know how difficult it is in the beginning :) I found when Henry had all his vaccinations, I started swimming lessons. I took Stephen on a Wednesday and Henry on a Thursday morning and that meant I got some 1 on 1 time with them both and it really was lovely. We're planning on starting them back up again in September because it was just some quality time with them separately :) Maybe you could look into doing something like that? :hugs:

Charlie, please keep us well updated about Phoebe and her heart. Try not to worry, though I know that is far easier said than done. Ruby spent 33 days in the NICU and I won't lie, it was heart breaking. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to endure.

My OH has officially graduated! I am so so proud of him. He starts his new job on Monday and he is excited but daunted by it, understandably. We are in London until tomorrow morning before heading back home to Cardiff. I'll be doing a fairly big update in my journal tomorrow about everything :)

aww thank you :) As soon as I find out anything I'll update :hugs:

And Congrats to your OH! What degree did he get? And what job? :thumbup:

aww thank you :) As soon as I find out anything I'll update :hugs:

And Congrats to your OH! What degree did he get? And what job? :thumbup:

I'll keep you in my thoughts until then, and of course I really hope everything is okay :hugs:

Thank you! He now has a BSc in Accounting and Finance - he got a first! He'll be working in an accountancy and training there to become a chartered accountant. We're all so proud of him and despite what his parents think, none more-so than me!

Wow how can someone's parents NOT be proud of that?! A first in an account degree - just hows how HARD he actually worked to achieve something for himself and also in a way that benefits you, Charlie and Ruby.

Hi all, I poked my head in a few months ago when I found out I was expecting. Now that my due date is creeping up on me (August 27th) I have some specific questions I was hoping you could help me with and I hope you don't mind if I become a bit more involved here as I am sure I am going to be desperate for the support and advice. This pregnancy was not planned (I am meant to be infertile) and I found the first few months after the birth of my first extremely difficult so I am a bit concerned as to how I will cope. Plus I can only take 4 months maternity leave so I feel I will need to get a lot established before I can return to work without fretting too much.

Anyhoo, for now can you give me any advice as to how and if I should prepare my 13 month old son for the arrival of a new baby brother (he will be 14 months almost to the day when the new one is born). So far we haven't told him anything as I don't think he will understand. My son will continue to go to the childminders during the week whilst I am on maternity leave (he LOVES his childminder) as I thought everything should try and stay as normal as possible for him but if you have any experience as to preparing him for a baby brother, or how we go about introducing him etc I would appreciate it.

On a more practical level, can anyone recommend a good changing bag that will be big enough and that can be purchased in the UK?

Thanks in advance all.

I'll reply properly to you later baby face once kids are in bed :)
Charlie, how was the scan? Keeping everything crossed for you xx

Just got back from the hospital! Fetal cardiologist thinks it's just calcification of tissue and nothing to be worried about. It should have disappeared before she's born. I don't need anymore scans at Kings, but may need a couple more at my hospital but by the looks of it she's ABSOLUTELY fine :) Heard her heartbeat loads too!! :)

Thanks ladies! Yes it has - still need to check on it after she's born BUT we're still low risk (at the moment!), and the she really didn't think I have anything to be worried about! :)

How are you all? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->