Little thing I'm finding help keeps lice at bay

Missnurse

Reaction score
I know my daughter has only been at school since August but her school is notorious for headlice which is a shame surely the parents would be checking regularly especially with the leaflets saying they are rife have circulated 3 times since August!

Anyway I use vosene 3 in 1 with head lice repellent In conjunction with with the detangling spray and so far no head lice

On the flip side she came home with worms instead! I couldn't believe it surely the child/children would be complaining to their parents of having an itchy bottom and would get them treated! My DD complained and I waited till late at night and checked sure enough there they were yuck. I was on phone next to doctor for the medicine!

i have put a few drops of tea tree oil in LOs bath water. that seems to have done the trick so far.

it's inevitable that before long they'll get you.....
but keeping hair in plaits, tied back etc does help with girls and can I also say that when and if they fo come then the nitty gritty comb is really amazing https://creativeandfaithful.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/nitty-gritty.html

I have a preventative spray that I use if I know lice are circulating and it seems to do the trick. My eldest has avoided lice all through preschool and his first year and half if school. He then caught them twice off my two nieces!!
Funnily enough my daughter who has longer hair (and it's not often tied up) hasn't caught them yet. I did catch them off my son though.

I use the spray on the three of us. I can't remember the make but I think it's either full marks or hedrin.

I use the vosene shampoo on Earl - he's been in various childcare since been under 1, and I've used it since he was 18 months I think and he's never had headlice despite them going around his old pre-school at least once a term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->