Living room, sitting room, lounge etc?

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
So what do you call yours

We have moved in a house that has a 'living room ' area in the kitchen and then another room upstairs which we've started calling the sitting room..

Growing up we had a lounge and living room .. But I think the upstairs room she be called the living room and I can't get my head around saying 'sitting room' sounds s bit snobby :blush: hubby insists its a sitting room :shrug:

:rofl: there's just a living room in my house :p

We have a living room with a dining end. We just call it the living room but it was advertised as a lounge /diner

Growing up, we had the 'Living room', which was the proper room which we had for guests etc. Then the sitting room which was our day to day TV room.

Now we have the living room, which is the couches and TV room, and the snug which is the room off the dining and kitchen area that has couches and a reading corner in it.

We have a living room, and then a dining/study/play room lol (thankfully it's a good size!). Growing up we had a living room and a dining room, although we've often made our dining rooms multi purpose lol. Living room to me is where the sofas and tv are, and where I live most of the time lol.

Living room xxx

We tend to say living room, or occasionally I will say front room but you can obviously only say that if it's at the front of the house! At the moment the dining room doubles as a play room but when the kids are a bit older I think we'll put a squishy sofa in there instead of toys and use it as a TV-free living room... maybe then the room at the front will have to be called the front room more often. I refuse to call it a TV room!

Front room.

I dont know anyone who calls it any different, even when its not actually at the front of the house .

Living room here, or front room.
When my mum was little they called it the kitchen and the kitchen was called 'back kitchen'. She still refers to it as the back kitchen now and then and I never realised it was weird til she told me that :lol:

Living room though mostly we call it the main level :p. it's open concept so the kitchen and living and what is supposed to be dining room are all on our main level. 90% of the kids toys are shoved in the area that is supposed to be the dining room.............

We call our little room the living room or the front room (it's not at the front of the house though). We have a second living area that was added onto the house before we moved in, we call it the play room because it is where all the toys/play kitchen/kids bookshelf, etc are. It also has a dining area in one end of it because the way they built on there is no room in what used to be the dining room for a table.

Growing up we had a living room (sofa and tv) and a den (it had other things for my parents, computer etc). Now we have a living room that my mom insists should be called the "den" and a playroom which was built as a living room/formal dining area but has a wall knocked down so it's one big room. We use the small dining area that's part of the kitchen and not a formal area. The playroom is the biggest room, haha. Lucky LO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->