Living room, sitting room, lounge etc?

Living room :)

I grew up calling it the 'lounge' like my parents did but I always thought that sounded a little bit posh ;) I picked up living room at some point and I've stuck with it ever since.

Living room. Used to be the front room when I lived with my parents but mine's at the back so can't get my head around calling it that.

Used to be couch when I lived with my parents, now I say sofa.

Living room. The living room and dining room are knocked into one but we don't have a dining table so its just the living room

I call it the front room or the living room! My nan calls it the lounge and I always thought it sounded posh! X

We have a dinning room at the front of the house and a lounge at the back. We've just had a new room built on and currently it's know as 'the new room' because I can't decide what to call it. It's linked to the lounge via doors that fold back and to the kitchen via a small archway. I'm thinking it'll probably be known as the family room as that's where the tv will be and where the children will play.

Growing up we has a lounge and a front room. The lounge was a lounge/dinner although was a really big room so you didn't notice the table in there. The front room was a more formal lounge which we weren't allowed in really. Then as we got older the dinning table got moved to the front room and so it started being called the dinning room lol

I have a 'dining' room, however as well as a dining table it also has a small two seater sofa in and a desk area with computer, then I have what we call a front room, not really sure why, suppose it's because it's at the front of the house :lol: which is our living room.

Growing up my grandparents called theirs the sitting room.
They always had huge houses and multiple rooms though.
I don't think I know anyone who says living room, we all say lounge.
My parents have a small front room in addition to their lounge which I think they call the sitting room.xx

We have a dinning room at the front of the house and a lounge at the back. We've just had a new room built on and currently it's know as 'the new room' because I can't decide what to call it. It's linked to the lounge via doors that fold back and to the kitchen via a small archway. I'm thinking it'll probably be known as the family room as that's where the tv will be and where the children will play.

Growing up we has a lounge and a front room. The lounge was a lounge/dinner although was a really big room so you didn't notice the table in there. The front room was a more formal lounge which we weren't allowed in really. Then as we got older the dinning table got moved to the front room and so it started being called the dinning room lol

my grandmother's house has a "new room" that is at least 35 years old lol!
I call it the living room, my oh says lounge

my grandmother's house has a "new room" that is at least 35 years old lol!
I call it the living room, my oh says lounge

:haha: i hope ours won't still be 'new room' in 35 years time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->