LO does not like sleeping

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
My LO has never been a big sleeper but i think its getting too much for me now..
She wakes up around 7am and after a feed i usually get her back to sleep & then she wakes at 10am!
after this she may sleep for 30mins here & there (more if we are out in the car) but then THATS IT ubtil 9-10pm!!!

Surely this is not normal for a baby of 8 weeks???

Its really knackering me out now as when she is awake she wants to be held all the time & rarely plays or chills on her own..
I find it so hard to do anything around the house !!

Sam's always been the same until now - he was sleeping at night, but would wake up between 7 and 8am and not sleep at all until 9 or 10pm (I think he'd sleep a bit while feeding but the second he'd finish he was wide awake and playful again). Now he's on solids he's finally having an afternoon nap every day and I can clean! Sorry for having no advice at all - just wanted to say that I hope it gets better for you soon :hugs: x

My LO has never been a big sleeper but i think its getting too much for me now..
She wakes up around 7am and after a feed i usually get her back to sleep & then she wakes at 10am!
after this she may sleep for 30mins here & there (more if we are out in the car) but then THATS IT ubtil 9-10pm!!!

Its really knackering me out now as when she is awake she wants to be held all the time & rarely plays or chills on her own..

Sounds a lot like Hannah. She sleeps fairly well at night but during the day she takes power naps..........usually no longer than 30 minutes long and I have to hold her otherwise she won't sleep.

She does like going down and playing on the floor though during the day so I get a few things done

Yep this sounds pretty normal, Skye has been like that also since around 6 weeks old. She barely sleeps during the day unless she is in the pram or the car. :)

omg this is still going on & she is driving me insane now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll only be a bit longer and she'll start entertaining herself in the day. Alasdair will lie for up to half an hr just looking around at what's going on. At least she's not awake all night!

Aww, my son was the same but a bit worse. He would be up until midnight with power naps all day long.

Guess what? He's still a night owl and is not asleep until 10 or 10:30 most nights.

I think some children just need less sleep than others.

:hug:

Salim is the same. I had read in books and been told babies sleep 16-18 hours in the first few months which I have found to be a load of old rubbish.He rarely sleeps longer than 1 hour at a time. He wakes up every hour on a night then is up from 7.30am until 11pm with somedays only having maybe 2 hours sleep during the day in about 4 30 minute sleeps. Its tiring but hopefully he will start getting into more of a routine. Heres hoping anyway :happydance:

Sounds a lot like Hannah. She sleeps fairly well at night but during the day she takes power naps..........usually no longer than 30 minutes long and I have to hold her otherwise she won't sleep.

She does like going down and playing on the floor though during the day so I get a few things done

mine is the same, never sleep for more than 2 hours in one go. He just wakes up almost every hour since he was born and now he's 6 weeks old. Every night i have to get up 4-6 times to feed to change his nappies.
many times during the day after feeding he would sleep ,then when i put him down he would wake up right away, if he fall to sleep it would be 30 min or 1 and half hour before he;s awake again.
i guess he will get better soon, so i'm not so worry.
I hope your little one will get into the routine soon and you get more rest for yourself too:hugs:

how do u guys get time to do anything around the house??

This Chloe to a T. She has just started to be happy sitting on her own for 20-30mins now.

I don't get tons done, what I do get done is usually right after her bottle when she's happy laying on the floor and playing by herself for a bit

It can be really difficult trying to do things round the house with a demanding little one, I know because Lewis is just such a demanding little one.

When he does eventually go down, usually only for about 20 minutes 3 or 4 times a day I spend those minutes rushing round like the tasmanian devil :rofl:

Have you thought about trying a baby sling??? If you get a good one you'd be able to keep baby close and comforted whilst being able to carry out a few tasks.

Good luck and I hope things improve for you. :hugs:

Its hard to get things done around the house. I try and get it all done in the 30 minutes that he sleeps,running around like a mad woman doing 5 things at the same time lol. Or also if he can be happy lying in his moses basket or his pram for 10 minutes I do things then. Ive learnt to just keep on top of it rather than leaving things until later lol otherwise it would never get done.

:rofl: I never get anything done when Hannah sleeps, except when she goes to bed at night. She likes to be held when she naps :dohh:

First two months are the worst but your body adjusts.Skyler has several naps during the day but they each only last 45mins.Cant do much.You get used to it.You just have to accept it because if you are going to be negative about it,it will make your life miserable.Some babies are just wired that way.It's not your fault.However when I count his day naps and nighttime sleep it does accumulate to 16-18 hours of sleep.Its just all broken.A woman's body is amazing.We can cope with a lot of stuff.
My husband does most of the housework as I rarely have time to do anything.My husband cooks better than me anyways.

Charlie was the same but the last month or 2 hes starting having longer sleeps in the day and sometimes has 2 hours late morning but because he doesnt sleep well at night still i usually sleep at the same time and do the cleaning when hes awake he will usually keep himself entertained for a bit now so i can get things done it is hard but it will get better , i found the first few months so hard and tiring but my partner helped me alot when he got in from work xxx

I cant get things done when my baby sleeps that much. He only sleeps for 30 min or an hour during the day. As soon as i go off his radar he just wakes up and starts crying. It took me 2 days to finish ironing the clothes last time,lol
An usually when he sleeps I just eat,ha ha ha

she is now 13weeks & this is still going on
its now 11pm & she is not going to sleep- been up sinc 8.30am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->