Lo doesn't seem to like veg

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
My lo doesn't seem to like veg, she will gum it and put it in her mouth but pulls a face, pushes it out and quickly loses interest. Whereas with fruit, although she has trouble chewing and swallowing it atm, she is much more persistant and actually tries much harder to eat it (i'm guessing because its much sweeter :winkwink:)

How do the vitamins etc in fruit compare to those in veg? If lo was to eat more fruit than veg would she be missing out on lots of vitamins or is fruit able to provide an adequate amount?

Thank you

You can mix some veggies puree with tomato sauce & offer it to her with pasta. Do you offer her veggies in stews or just steamed?

Gabriel does the exact same only opposite. He'll eat veg, but refuses fruit.

Gabriel does the exact same only opposite. He'll eat veg, but refuses fruit.

Omar is the same. He's ok with veggies but refuses fruits.

Idk, I think I might actually prefer it if she liked veg but didn't really like fruit. I worry about the sugars in the fruit, I know veg has naturally occuring sugars too but as we all know fruit is normally sweeter to taste. I just don't want her developing a real sweet tooth where everything she eats has to be sweet and then this leading on to wanting sweets and sugary drinks all the time when she's older :nope:

i would say to keep offering a variety of veg, hv said that it takes 15 tries for them to actually decide if they like it or not

Offer them in things as well as just as they are. Ruby isn't a veg fan really but will eat them in sauces. I make a pasta sauce with tomatoes, but I also thrown in a finely chopped carrot and leek to up the veg content!
Soup is another good one, dunk some bread in too. :)

May sound odd but have you offered it on toast?

Things like mashed carrot on toast is a big hit for Evie
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back