LO keeps refusing milk..

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
LO is almost 7 months old. I've been giving him a bit of puréed food for about 5 weeks now. At the moment, in the morning he has a 9oz bottle and then a rusk or yoghurt, at lunch time he usually has a 5oz bottle (was 9oz but he would only drink half of it so put it down to 5) followed by some puréed food and then a yoghurt. In the late afternoon he has a 9oz bottle and then a 9oz bottle before bed. The last week or so he keeps refusing his milk, mainly at lunch time but he will still eat his lunch. He always has his morning bottle but can sometimes be a bit tempremental about the afternoon or bedtime bottle. I'm a bit concerned about him getting dehydrated and I know that milk is the main source of nutrition until 12 months. Do I need to give him water as well?

Am I doing something wrong? :/

Nope you are not doing any thing wrong. It's normal that they drink less milk once they start eating. My LO no longer took the lunch time bottle at 7 months. She even went through a phase of refusing to drink at all. So I kept on offering her little sips water during the day to keep her hydrated. She's now up to 7 oz for brekkie, tea and before bed but there was a period when i was hard pressed to get her to drink 12 oz in the day.

The meals where she doesn't have milk I give her water.

Thanks, I thought that might of been it but wasn't so sure. What kind of water do I need to give him? Cool boiled?

Just use the water you use to make up the bottles. I use bottled water for convenience but you can use cooled boiled water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->