LO no longer likes his babyhawk!

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
My LO only wants to face forward! If he is crying or fussing, the only way to comfort him is to turn him around and face him forward. He hasn't liked his babyhawk for almost a month - he tries to turn his head around to face forward and fusses - if I don't take him out, he fights it and cries!! :(

I borrowed a pikkolo from my OH's co-worker (it faces forward) and LO was totally fine in it for over an hour while we went shopping! But I have been reading about how it is not very good for them and it does look very uncomfortable. Anyone else's LO go through a stage like this? Does anyone else have a forward-only baby??? It makes me so sad as I feel like he is only happy when he can't see me! :(

xx

I haven't had any problems so far but wondered if he'd be happier if he was on your back?

i was gna suggest putting him on your back too, its very bad for their hips to be facing outwards

dont feel like he doesnt want to see you, hes just at that age where hes becoming very curious, i know when i have leyla facing me its not me she looks at lol, she's always craning her neck to see whats going on

x

Thanks guys! I might try him on my back - I just worry about getting him off/on easily. And that I don't have any access to him back there! Hopefully I can get him ok with the babyhawk again by using it as much as possible for short periods.

xx

hello! my baby prefers to be forward facing, and she LOOOVES being on my back in the babyhawk. mostly OH is around to help us get in and out, but sometimes we are alone and i have practiced A LOT to be able to get her on and off alone. it is possible!

it can be very difficult in the beginning getting him on and off easily but you will get used to it honest, the first time i tried to get leyla on my back was laughable!!! i didnt manage in the slightest lol and gave up after about an hour of trying! now i can get her on easy enough, i do sometimes worry about not being able to see her when shes on my back, i look in mirrors a lot when im doing my housework with her on my back, so long as you make sure the wrap is well wrapped around his body several times, then he'll be ok, just check him when you can lol, im sure hed let you know if there was a problem anyways

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->