London bump buddies?

hey ladies have joined FB group and now have found you lot here... im due 16th nov and am in south london. going into lewisham for scan and everything anyone nearby?
:hug:
x

Hey, I'm in Camberwell - se5! I'm from forest hill and write a book about the horniman museum when at school...! Would love to meet especially as none of my friends have had babies yet

im from catford down the road from forest hill i love the horniman when its not under construction lol x

omg your all from south east london!! i went to gordonbrock primary lol.....im a ladywell lass!

im a 5 min walk from ladywell park take my dogs there lol its such a small world :)
i love this thread
everyone add me on FB lucy magnus... im in the group
x

Hey, I'm in Camberwell - se5! I'm from forest hill and write a book about the horniman museum when at school...! Would love to meet especially as none of my friends have had babies yet

im from catford down the road from forest hill i love the horniman when its not under construction lol x

I literally live right next to the Horniman! I walk there nearly every day. :)

hahaha ive lost count of the amount of times ive gone past in just the last week... when u due.. u going lewy x

finally got round to doing the facebook thing - MoonMelody, I've sent you a friend request and that way hopefully I'll be able to find the rest of the group too xx

Hi 1stTimeAround! I'm in Crofton Park/Brockley, not far from Catford at all :)

Also going to Lewisham for scans etc, hoping to have a home birth but gonna check out the birth centre & labour ward. Have you managed to suss out antenatal classes near you? I haven't yet, it's still on my list of things to do!

Leeze - I'm doing ok thanks, loving 2nd tri... skin starting to clear up and not feeling as blurgh as before. Got my baby on board badge but too timid to use it at the mo ;)

Got tomorrow off and having my friend & her 3 kids come round in the day, bit worried as house is not child proof (still doing it up!) but she seems pretty relaxed about it... going to try out Blythe Hilly Fields play ground at the top of my road.

How's everyone else doing?

b x

Hi 1stTimeAround! I'm in Crofton Park/Brockley, not far from Catford at all :)

Also going to Lewisham for scans etc, hoping to have a home birth but gonna check out the birth centre & labour ward. Have you managed to suss out antenatal classes near you? I haven't yet, it's still on my list of things to do!

Leeze - I'm doing ok thanks, loving 2nd tri... skin starting to clear up and not feeling as blurgh as before. Got my baby on board badge but too timid to use it at the mo ;)

Got tomorrow off and having my friend & her 3 kids come round in the day, bit worried as house is not child proof (still doing it up!) but she seems pretty relaxed about it... going to try out Blythe Hilly Fields play ground at the top of my road.

How's everyone else doing?

b x

funny if we time it correct i might see you there with my dogs for afternoon walk lol it is top of my road as well lol x

i havent checked out antenatal yet!!! how far along before you can start on NHS? im only 14w 2moro lol but am trying to get a swim group together if anyone is up for it at ladywell baths :)

i refuse to go to onto lewisham labour ward tbh dont want to be surrounded by other new mums for something to go wrong...
i havent seen birth suite but its meant to be nice (got leaflets from MW) so am opting for that as long as im low risk.

x

hahaha ive lost count of the amount of times ive gone past in just the last week... when u due.. u going lewy x

Give me a nudge the next time you visit the park! I'm going to King's for scans, but am planning a home birthc.

Give me a nudge the next time you visit the park! I'm going to King's for scans, but am planning a home birthc.

defo will do waiting til they finish gardens tho so much has been closed off for a while. :(

was looking at kings but think its just that bit too far where as lewisham is convenient. :shrug:

i dont think i can do a home birth with my dogs around lol

ooh - some brave women here going for home birth option!! I'm opting for Birth Centre at Homerton Hospital (Hackney) - all being well. I like the idea of trying for natural birth but being based at the hospital - just in case!!

Becsparkel - where did you get your baby on board badge from? I want one!!! Go on, use it!! :thumbup:

I've got one of the Baby On Board badges, too. Unfortunately, the majority of people on the buses and the Tube will just look at me, look at the badge, look at my bump, and then look away. I've worn the badge every time I've taken public transport since I was 10 weeks along, and I've only been offered a seat twice. Most of the time DH will actually have to ask someone if they'll give up their seat. People are so rude.

I've got one of the Baby On Board badges, too. Unfortunately, the majority of people on the buses and the Tube will just look at me, look at the badge, look at my bump, and then look away. I've worn the badge every time I've taken public transport since I was 10 weeks along, and I've only been offered a seat twice. Most of the time DH will actually have to ask someone if they'll give up their seat. People are so rude.

oh no! I was thinking somehow if I got a badge it would make a difference. I've definitely been sticking my tummy out a bit further on public transport to try to get a seat, mind you! It's worked twice in about 6 weeks too! I agree, a lot of people in London on public transport are rude - they're more concerned about whether or not they can read their paper rather than give up their seat for a pregnant woman! Mind you, when I really needed a seat was between weeks 6-10 when I felt nauseous! I'm hoping that when our bumps get really noticeable after about 5 months or so that things will get better! Or maybe people will still be rude! :haha:

oh - MoonMelody - I just noticed you're 25 weeks. that's made me angry then that you don't get a seat. My bump is only just starting to show really so this is how I excuse the people on the tube for not giving me their seat! Grr

thank you all of you who are gettin pissed at public transport i no im not showing but i expect everyone to know lol:) it been doing my head in having to stand and then people bumping my tum and then have the cheek to look at me when i tut...

where do u get badges from? need 1 asap

x

x

Hey im looking for bump buddies too!! due in late July and live in SE London/Kent borders! Sidcup tbh :) x x

hey mummytobe85 im from catford down the road from u welcome to our club we have a facebook group look for baby and bump: london.
hope to see u there :)
x

Ohhh Catford isnt that far! i'll defo be joining today when i get home and onto laptop x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->