London Restaurant Selling Breast Milk Ice Cream!!!

gingerclaire

Reaction score
Just found this on yahoo homepage!!!

New mothers looking for a bit of extra cash need to look no further than their own assets, as a London restaurant is now offering money for breast milk – to make ice-cream.

Covent Garden company, Icecreamists, has started serving 'Baby Gaga' to customers using milk donated from 15 women who responded to an online advertisement.

Pasteurised and churned together with Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest, the unorthodox dessert is served by a costumed Baby Gaga waitress and comes in a martini glass at £14 a dish.

Now the company is looking for more women to provide breast milk – and are giving £15 for every ten ounces that are extracted using breast pumps on site.

New mother Victoria Hiley, 35, provided the first 30 ounces of milk, and said the concept was a great "recession beater".

"What's the harm in using my assets for a bit of extra cash?" Mrs Hiley said.

"I teach women how to get started on breastfeeding their babies. There's very little support for women and every little helps."

Mrs Hiley said the ice-cream “melts in your mouth”, and added that if adults realised how tasty breast milk was it would encourage more mothers to breastfeed.

Matt O'Connor, 44, who runs Icecreamists, said he thought there had been a very positive response to the dish so far.

"No one's done anything interesting with ice cream in the last hundred years," he said.

"Some people will hear about it and go, 'yuck,' but actually it's pure, organic, free-range and totally natural."

To uphold health standards, lactating women undergo health checks the same as those run by hospitals to screen blood donors.

Oh my God, think I'll pass!
Who is ordering that for dessert?!

I might not eat it but i'd think about passing on any extra breast milk!

lol thats crazy although a great idea for when baby is old enough to try ice cream just make your own lol

LOL!!!
yeah I thought it was gross!!
and who the hell would pay £14 for a little bowl of it!!!

wouldn't try it lol. once put breast milk in tea to see what it would be like:blush:
and it was really yukky haha.

My OH told me about this last night, he'd read about it somewhere :haha:

x

i saw this on the news last night, it nauseated me! who orders that??

I've always thought it funny how we are conditioned to think milk from a cow is normal for adults to consume, but milk from a human is weird and gross. I think it is a good stunt to get people thinking...

So I just have to ask, I guess this might be a crazy question but how does breast milk taste? I keep reading where everyone keeps saying its gross. Does it have a sour taste to it?

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

Don't see how it's gross really. We drink milk from a cow or goat. We even eat other animals. Just isn't the norm. I bet in 10 years it'll be really fashionable and there'll be bars that serve only breastmilk cocktails.

Yeugh! That is just wrong on so many levels! Love the comment that 'it just melts in your mouth!' lol. Are these the same weirdos that would order placenta if you could order it if the menu? Think so! Could be the next big thing!

If I was a bit braver and a bit richer then, since I live in London, I'd go try some and report back!!! I think what I find a bit icky about it is that you don't know where/who it's come from - and is it pasteurised?!! :haha: Funny idea to try making your own sometime!

Yeugh! That is just wrong on so many levels! Love the comment that 'it just melts in your mouth!' lol. Are these the same weirdos that would order placenta if you could order it if the menu? Think so! Could be the next big thing!

Ooh - I saw a programme once about a couple that kept their placenta and made it into placenta pate for their dinner guests. I'm all for being adventurous but I really don't think I could!!

I agree that we are conditioned to drink cows milk. It's sensationalism. Free publicity and they'll be those pretentious types who will go and try it purely so that they can say they've had it. In the meantime it gets the restaurant a lot of exposure for being on the cutting edge of gastronomy. But I still would hesitate to try eat yet I wouldn't think twice about eating ice-cream made from cows milk.,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->