London TTC buddies chat thread

Thanks Sophie. That's poop about the spotting, Docs are such a nightmare, it's rare to find a good one!
Af due for me any moment and already getting my usual warning signs which mean I will have the joy of my period for my birthday and weekend away :growlmad:

Hi SophieBee and welcome back ineedaseed (love the name, btw!) :hi:

SophieBee - sorry to hear about the spotting. Are you absolutely sure it's not implantation bleeding? That could happen from 6dpo onwards? I'm not sure what to suggest otherwise, I wonder if there's anything you could take to help with this?

I just had some trout with broccoli and pasta for dinner, but I must admit I made a lovely creamy sauce to go with it. Not sure if that's quite what the nutritionist had in mind!! A step in the right direction, I reckon! :haha:

ineedaseed - 4.5 years is a long time, that must be pretty tough on you. I heard recently that you can't get treatment if you're above a certain BMI, that seems unfair but I wonder if medically you've got a better chance of conceiving if you are within a certain range. A difficult time of year to be healthy though, I normally put on weight over the winter months myself!

So, for me, still no AF (due today) and no real signs of her coming. But I got a BFN again this morning and there's no pregnancy symptoms either. I'm hoping I'm actually 2 or 3 days late (if there's no chance of that lovely BFP for this month) because then my most fertile days would be over the weekend instead of mid-week!!! Xx

I get the spotting every month, so I've pretty much given up hoping that it is implantation. Of course I don't completely write myself off until full AF turns up, but it is a little like getting a double disappointment each month when it invariably does. I've been taking a B complex with a high dose of B6 as I've heard it can help with lengthening the LP, but have only been on these for a couple of months and I've heard it can take 3 months or so for things to settle in. I'll need tests done to confirm what I suspect though, that I have low progesterone which is causing the spotting.

I'll just have to stamp my feet when we go to the docs in February (if we need to of course). I have a minor plan, in that I'm going to ask the receptionist when I book an appointment if any of the GPs in the surgery have a special interest in fertility or gynaecology, rather than just going to any old doc. You never know, it might help! I am always appreciative of having the NHS, but sometimes it can be tough getting the right help when you need it.

ineedaseed, are you following any plan to help with the weight loss at all? I only ask because I lots LOADS of weight this year (5 and a half stone), which I did through Slimming World. I could probably do with losing a little bit more if I'm honest, but I'm taking a little break and seeing how I do maintaining my current weight for a while - I might go back to it in the new year. It was great and I hardly felt like I was dieting at all really - of course, some things had to change (booze and chocolate became very rare treats), but I found that I could keep eating most of the food I liked without changing too much. I know how difficult it is though, so the very best of luck to you :hugs:

Oh, and Slimming World are approved by the RCM, so you can carry on following the plan (with added healthy extras) when you do get your BFP - it's one of the reasons I chose it.

That's enough free advertising for Slimming World!

Leeze, have you tried different brand tests? Not that I want to spend your money for you, but I've heard that some people have had different results with different tests, so might be worth trying something else if you haven't already. Good luck anyway, and if it isn't to be this month then I hope you get the timings right for weekend BDing - it really does make it much easier doesn't it!

All the best, Soph x

Hi Soph, Hi Leeze :hi:

I am currently doing weightwatchers, previously lost about 3.5 stone on it and found it works ok for me. have lost 5lb the past two weeks so seems to be working at the moment. yep the bmi has to be 35 or below for treatment privately and or clomid on the nhs. it is questionable whether i ovulate at the moment, need to do two more blood tests before i go back in march, hate them though! for ivf on the nhs you need to have a bmi of 29.9 and below. the reason for it is that overweight women are more likely to suffer pregnancy complications such as pre eclampsia and gestational diabetes etc so they see it as unethical to encourage pregnancy outside this bmi! i can see their point but geez it doesnt make it any easier. i have been watching what i have beem eating for a while, have lost 2 stone since january and was doing it at a leisurely pace, am now back in the zone and will be aiming for 2lb a week between now and my fs appt on 8th march.

soph - spotting can be a sign of low progesterone, there are a few bnb friends i have that have spotting but have no progesterone problem diagnosed following tests. have you tried evening primrose or agnus castus?

Hey,can i join?
Im Elle 22,have a 4 month old daughter called Aliyah and now i have decided ttc again:D

It took me 4 years of NTNP to fall pregnant so hopefully this time itl be a bit quicker:)x

Edit:Im from N.W London

Hi Elle :hi:
Welcome! Fxd ttc number 2 is quicker for you x x

Hi everyone and welcome to Elle

Really quick one from me to say the wicked witch got me last night. Bummer!! Having a couple of glasses of bubbly to make myself feel a bit better.

On to the next month. Remembered to set my CBFM this month, first month of using it so hopefully this will be lucky for us!!!

Any signs yet SophieBee?

Btw - that's some impressive weight losses from you both - well done!! xx

Good morning everyone - and welcome Elle :flower:

No signs yet Leeze, although I'm pretty sure the :witch: is on her way. Sorry to hear she got you. I meant to do a hpt this morning when I got up, but it was so early that I forgot :dohh: Still a couple of days before AF is actually due - felt sure it was coming early yesterday as spotting turned from brown to pink (sorry TMI), but then it seemed to stop so goodness knows what's going on there. Still feeling quite crampy and I've got the usual signs that it's on its way, so I'm still reasonably sure I'm out this month.

Oh and good luck with the CBFM - I much preferred using it to the OPK sticks. It felt much more convenient to get the poas out of the way first thing in the morning rather than having to dehydrate all afternoon and do it when I got home from work.

I've looked into agnus castus ineedaseed, but to be honest it seemed a little confusing (so much about TTC is confusing :wacko:). I'd also be worried that it would mess up my cycles, as it seems to work better for those who have long and/or irregular cycles. I think I'll continue as I am for now and see how it all goes. It's definitely something to consider though, so thanks for the tip.

Good luck with the rest of your WW journey by the way - it sounds like it works really well for you, and congrats on your loss so far. I know a lot of people that love WW - it wasn't for me, but that is because I hate weighing and measuring things, which you don't have to do so much with SW.

Right, I've got a busy day ahead. I've got people coming for dinner tonight, so I was up early making the starters and have got a day of cooking and cleaning ahead of me. One of the reasons I wanted to test this morning was to see if I could have a few drinks tonight - I might risk a couple of small glasses of red wine anyway, will see how I go...

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi everyone

It's been a busy weekend of housework for me, trying to do all those things I've been putting off the last couple of weeks! Also my OH and I just spent the morning in bed, relaxing and focusing on each other. Our aim is to DTD every 2 days this cycle, it felt good this morning to be doing it and it not to just be about baby-making!!!

Any signs yet SophieBee? xx

:witch: got me today - no massive surprise, but boooo anyway.

Oh well, on to the next cycle - and this does mean that my next AF will be due on Christmas Day, so maybe I'll get a nice present this year :thumbup:

Hope everyone is well x

Thanks girls :)

I been so busy with Aliyah that i have totally lost track on my period now! They are not totally regular yet but seems like over a month since my last one so i am going to test in a few days :Dx

sooo poop that af is due for me xmas eve and you xmas day hun :growlmad: hopefully we will get our well deserved bfps instead!

sorry AF got you, SophieBee

Ineedaseed - that's funny that your AF is due 24th Dec, my next AF is due 23rd Dec so it looks like the 3 of us will be pretty close together. What about a hat-trick of BFPs - that would be fantastic!!! :thumbup:

Bbyno1 - your daughter is adorable! good luck with the testing

I'm struggling a bit today, this cycle feels too long already!! My OH are going away this coming weekend with a group of his friends and I'm already stressing a bit about whether everyone will drink loads, and will my OH drink too much, and will I make it through the weekend on just a few drinks! I'm determined to stick with 4 units and under a week at the moment, so that would be 2 drinks on Fri eve and 2 on Sat. Doesn't seem fair when everyone else will probably be going for it, but at least my head will be clearer the next day!!! x

fingers crossed for a trio of bfps :thumbup:

oooh where you going for your weekend away? x

I know! wouldn't that be great if this ended up being a lucky thread!! a few more London bumps appearing!!

We're going to Cornwall for the weekend, as long as the weather doesn't stop trains running!! I think it's going to be really cold but luckily there's a sauna at the complex where we're staying so we might end up spending lots of time in there! Saying that, it's probably not too good for the little swimmers! :spermy:

I probably won't be on here again for a few days so have a good weekend everyone, get lots of rest for a busy week next week!!! :haha:

I love Cornwall, hope the weather sorts itself out Hun!
Have a fab weekend, chat soon x

Hi everyone

Just back from a lovely weekend in Cornwall. Very relaxing and great to be in the countryside. I managed to drink very little alcohol so I'm feeling very proud of myself. Did lots of swimming and walking too so hopefully we'll both be in a good condition for a busy week of BDing ahead!!

My OH is working in Leamington Spa for the next 3 days so I'm going to go there after work tomorrow and stay with him in a hotel to make sure we get our every other day of BDing in!! He'll be back on Wed eve so that's when our next one will be. I hate having to plan BDing with military precision, it feels so unromantic, but needs must!

I hope everyone else had a good weekend xx

Hi all - apologies for the recent radio silence, I've been giving myself a bit of a break from the forum as I find that it sometimes has the opposite to the desired effect and I end up getting all stressed out and convinced that it's never going to happen :wacko: So I'm trying to limit my exposure now, just to keep the PMA levels a little higher than they had been :)

Anyway, odd things a-foot. Using the CBFM again this month and it asked me for the first stick on Monday (CD 8) - reading came back high. Has been high every day since, so I'm not sure what's going on, especially as last month I didn't get a high until CD 11 and a peak on CD13. Have decided to use cheapy OPKs in the afternoon as well, just to make sure I catch the O day as I'm a bit confused by it all really. Also not sure if I caused the problem myself, as I thought I'd put the first stick in incorrectly so I took it out and put it back in again, but it had been put in correctly in the first place! Argh! No idea if that has had any effect on it or not, but at least I've got the other OPKs as back up. Just a pain having to dehydrate myself all afternoon...

Hope everyone else is well! x

Newbie Londoner here, hi ladies.
Just been having a moan elsewhere here about feeling so alone with all this..most of my friends have got pregnant after sneezing once and it's so hard to even think about telling them how upsetting this all is for me!
Great to have other people to moan too!Sophie, I know what you mean about opks and the dehydrating malarky...on the one hand Im trying to drink lots of water for healthy ttcing purposes...on the other completly deplete myself of liquid to get an opk to work.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->