• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lonely Ladies Chat Thread!

He's really enjoying his first week. So that's made me happy and feeling a lot better about his new school, I still get in there and back out as quick as I can though! Lol. I'm glad that seeing a professional has helped you :) I hope you dont mind me asking did they put you on any meds or refer you for any therapy?
I've just re-read my last post and i'm sorry my spelling is awful and it all seems to be about mememe :dohh:

Hi ladies!!!

Room for another one?

I'm a Mummy of a beautiful 4yr old girl.
My DH works away on the other side of the world and due to time difference it makes it extremely hard work to communicate. Evenings are hard for me, especially when LO goes to bed as I can't go out and leave her, and most of my friends are single, or have young families of their own.

I'm due to start a teaching course in a few weeks and my teaching placement shortly after that time - once my official paperwork is in order and received.

Ummmh, my hobbies...I enjoy the gym but have been lazy as hell since our month long trip to Asia in August. I love films and series such as Breaking Bad, Sopranos and anything along those lines too.

I do enjoy the occasional night out when it arises, and of course a few glasses of wine too. Cooking - I love.

I see there's a few of you already who are studying - yippie!!!

Please DON'T leave me hanging...I need a lifeline to stop me comfort eating and going stir crazy!

Well my doctor appointment went ok. Although my appointment was meant to be at 2.40 I didn't get in there until 3pm so I only had 5 mins before I had to go to school. The doctor put me on fluoxetine and will refer me to the local hv as he thinks I may have pnd. I'm going back end of this month and I'll ask for counselling depends on how I'm feeling at that point.

And hello jam on toast :) it must be very hard with your hubby working away and being so hard to speak to him :-( what does he do for work? I was on my own when ds1 was a baby and it's sooo hard! At lease you've got BnB to keep you sane. Lol. I wish I'd had BnB back then it would have made the evenings a lot better.

Thanks I hope so too. I've been on it for 4 days now and I've noticed I've lost my appetite a bit and I feel a little nauseous after I've taken it. But they're listed as common side effects on the leaflet. How are you? How was your wkend?

Hello ladies :D ....
I'm just back from a flying visit to London, had to go to the Embassy of the country I lived in before coming back here to get my Certificate of Good conduct. What a bloody trip!

@OMFGSKI: I've jumped on a course with the local council to enable me to become a teaching assistant, not sure how much sleep I'll be getting in the following weeks as I hear there's an awful lot to take in. I like a good challenge though - bring it on.
Massively excited for my first placement, I have to sort out my Foreign criminal record check, have it translated and they apply for my UK CRB before I can get on it. I'm itching to go now though.
He's been away since November last year, and to date we've only spent a month together since. Skype etc are great but you can't bet a real hug or kiss.
We visited Malaysia and we're aiming to relocate next July to be with my husband :D

BABYHOPESXX: Being away from him gets far to much at times, IYKWIM ;) haha.
He runs a consulting agency in KL, Malaysia and he travels all over Asia due to this, so not so easy to get home that often with work commitments.
Just really wish he could be here this Christmas as our LO keeps asking what she can buy him, and he'll get excited when he opens his presents etc....GULP!

So, what's on the agenda this week ladies?
I'm taking it easy this week as it's my last week before I start all my courses and the homework begins. Also LO's last week of half days before she starts on full days at reception class next week.

Oh, no SUN as such here OMFGSKI - piddle pouring with the wet stuff from around 8pm last night until 8am, then we got to the car in time to miss another downpour this morning. I guess AUTUMN is well and truly here.

Sneaking off for a black coffee before I fall asleep!

Hello ladies :wave: How are you all doing? Babyhopes I'm glad you're happy with your sons school. We had some problems with Tegan's school last week but it's all sorted now. I've been busy studying, I'm studying "full time" this year (so 36 hours a week starting on the 4th of October but about 10-12 hours a week until then)

jam on toast that course the council are doing sounds good. My wife wants to be a TA and is going down the university route :)

I'm hoping that once I've completed the course that I'll have the confidence and motivation to pursue University too! :D

Good Luck!

Off to drop my LO to school. We also have swimming lessons tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->