Long AF ??

fallenangel11

A little bit pregnant
Reaction score
We found out we had a MMC at our 12 week scan. As our baby died at 8 weeks and my body hadn't naturally miscarried, I had a D&C. I bled for the 7 days after that the doctors said, then 4 weeks later I got my AF.

I was all excitedto activily start TTC. MY AF is usually only 3-4 days long, with light/medium bleeding. I have very regular cycles around 28 days. I Ov exactly on CD14...but I am currently on CD11 and I'm still bleeding.....which is sooo much longer than normal. Is it possible for me to still Ov on CD 14 or will I only Ov once the bleeding stops? (I didn't do my BBT this time as I already know when I Ov so I figured I'd be as stress-free about TTC as possible).

Now I know most people will say 'your body's been trough a lot and is still adjusting back to normal' (as my DH has said).....but I don't want to hear it. I know that it's supposed to be comforting, but all I hear is
'you're still broken and you can't even start trying for a baby yet'. I've fianally come to accept my baby is gone and I will have to start TTC all over again....and I just want to be back to normal and start.

I guess I just got my hopes up, thinking my body would be back to normal and we'd start TTC straight away (and secretly I hoped we'd get pregnant the first month TTC!) And now apparently my body is not back to normal.....

Has anyone else experienced this? Can I still Ovulate? Will I Ov on CD14 or when my bleeding stops??
Does anyone have anything that might make me feel a little better :(

((((hugs))) I didn't want to read and run. I don't have any advice for you, but my experience from a natural mc was bleeding for nearly 3 months after wards then a rather long AF and then back to what I think/hope is normal.

I understand the frustration at not being able to start trying right away, but sadly it's little more then a waiting game. Good luck though, and lots of baby dust!

I understand how you feel. I'm just at the end of my first AF after my mc on 14th May.

My bleeding has also been for longer although not as long as yours. The bleeding has also been different. Heavier for longer then suddenly turned to spotting. It's also been thinner although still heavy if you know what I mean!! It's horrible it being different and I think the same as you that my body is still broken :(

I'm trying to look at it a different way now though and maybe it being different will mean I'm more likely catch this month?!?!

I hope your bleeding stops soon hun and you can start trying again for your rainbow baby. Maybe it's worth starting up the temping again so you know when you do ovulate. I'm not sure exactly if the longer bleeding will affect when you ovulate. xx

Thanks girls,

All of this just makes me feel so helpless....I just have no control over anything that's happening to me and my body. I had gone through life knowing I'm meant to be a mother and never once did I think it might be a challenge trying to have a baby...I always thought the challenge was after the baby comes :)

I'll take my temp for the rest of this cycle then I'll temp again next cycle to see where I'm at. Thanks for the support though, it helps

xx

So I might be able to get in to see my Dr. on tuesday...I'm still bleeding...it's been light spotting for a week now, but it's still there.... I should have Ov some time this week but I'm guessing I didn't.

It's making me so sad...I lost my baby, and I still feel broken.

Has any one else experienced extended bleeding on their first AF??

Sorry for your loss. It took 7 weeks before I got my first AF then I had light bleeding for nearly 4 weeks. Nearly drove me mad! So it can be normal, just keep an eye on your temp and if the bleeding was to get very heavy or your temp go up see your gp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->