Long cycles and the tww

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I'm wondering if anyone else out there is going through similar situation!

I find tww so difficult because of having a really long cycles, and not really knowing for sure when I'm ovulating!

This is just my third cycle off bcp so I haven't got into opks or temping or anything yet (which would obviously help), but I'm just not wanting to go there just yet since it's only been a few months. My couple apps also have me totally different ovulation dates, one says the ninth and one says tomorrow! Next af is expected around 23-24. So either way tww is a lot longer than two weeks!!! Anyone else in this boat??

Me! When I first went off BC my longest cycle was 42 days! They have finally gotten more regular..I'm normally between 33-35 days. But then last month, AF was a week early and was only one day! Weird so I tested and BFN. It was just odd. Anywho...I THINK AF is supposed to come around next week...around the 6-9? I tested today and BFN. I'm going to test on Sunday..hopefully there will be a faint line!

Supposedly it is ovulation and the time before ov that can vary more so for women with longer cycles it is that they ovulate later, but generally the luteal phase or 'TWW' stays the same? Is it different for you? Luteal phase is usually around 11-14 days. But perhaps you have late ovulation and a slightly longer luteal phase.
Ovulating later doesn't affect fertility all that much if the luteal phase is pretty 'normal' but it must be frustrating having to wait longer for your next chance!
Either way I think charting ovulation and using OPKs would be really helpful for you if you have longer cycles so you can understand them more and it would be better to start sooner so you're not super confused :)
Wishing you looads of luck <3

Yeah waiting longer for my next chance is the frustrating part. I'm not sure exactly when I'm ovulating, one app says today another says the ninth, so I'm just treating the next two weeks like my fertile window and figuring that covers me! I think I will start opks next cycle if I get a bfn again though, but wanted to kind if ease into ttc. This is just my third cycle off bcp.

I'm not sure if that's why they've been so long. I think before I went on bcp they were long too. But that was nearly ten years ago!

Glad someone can relate though! Psulion how long have you been ttc? Good luck to you on getting your bfp!

Yeah waiting longer for my next chance is the frustrating part. I'm not sure exactly when I'm ovulating, one app says today another says the ninth, so I'm just treating the next two weeks like my fertile window and figuring that covers me! I think I will start opks next cycle if I get a bfn again though, but wanted to kind if ease into ttc. This is just my third cycle off bcp.

I'm not sure if that's why they've been so long. I think before I went on bcp they were long too. But that was nearly ten years ago!

Glad someone can relate though! Psulion how long have you been ttc? Good luck to you on getting your bfp!

We have been trying since September. The TWW gets me crazy so I think that mayyyy have something to do with why I haven't gotten a BFP. Stress is not good. Anyways, I haven't tried OPKs or tempting because it would make me too nervous. So I have been doing what you do, have lots of sex for two weeks lol and hope that works. December was a really good :sex: month so FXed. I took a FRER and it was BFN this morning. But again, Idk if I am 8, 9 even 10 dpo? Have no idea lol. Good luck to you and lots of :dust:

I have long cycles, too, and I also don't temp/chart or use OPKs. It can be incredibly frustrating. This is my first cycle TTC #4 (#1 for OH). My cycles average to 35 days, but aren't all that consistent so it's hard to guess when I'm ovulating. I try to keep track of cm to get a better idea, but this cycle was really messed up and I didn't do a good job of it. :dohh: My plan is to BD every other day starting 1-2 weeks after my period ends and hope for the best.

Good luck to you ladies and lots of :dust:

I just recently started having longer cycles, 35-38 days. Possibly stress related? I'm not sure!
I've been tracking cm and cp and (inconsistently) bbt.
I'm in the same boat.. I'm guessing my dpo based on my symptoms and such but honestly I'm not for sure how many dpo I am.. but probably 8-10 dpo
I would like to use opk my next cycle but I'm not sure if it would be worth it.
Dh recently had an unrelated surgery that makes bd .. difficult. Hah.. I have my fingers crossed for this month for that reason!

We have been trying since September. The TWW gets me crazy so I think that mayyyy have something to do with why I haven't gotten a BFP. Stress is not good. Anyways, I haven't tried OPKs or tempting because it would make me too nervous. So I have been doing what you do, have lots of sex for two weeks lol and hope that works. December was a really good :sex: month so FXed. I took a FRER and it was BFN this morning. But again, Idk if I am 8, 9 even 10 dpo? Have no idea lol. Good luck to you and lots of :dust:

Wow, sounds like we are really similar! I've been ttc since September too!

We're at different points in our cycles though, I'm ovulating sometime soon, one app said yesterday, another says the ninth. So we're trying to bd every day for next couple weeks, so far so good haha, and hope that works! So I'm feeling confident so far this cycle since we are working hard!

Good luck! Keep me posted on your hpt results!

I'm certain that I'm actually in the tww now. I'm pretty sure I ovulated around Christmas...my app told me the 22nd, but I think it was closer to the 25th. It could have possibly been the 20th, but I doubt that because my period should already be here if that's the case.

My app takes all my cycles from the last (almost) three years and averages them out to figure out my fertile time and when AF is due. According to it, I'm due to start AF January 5th. Even if I ovulated a few days late, I don't have too much longer of the tww to go. :)

Wow, sounds like we are really similar! I've been ttc since September too!

We're at different points in our cycles though, I'm ovulating sometime soon, one app said yesterday, another says the ninth. So we're trying to bd every day for next couple weeks, so far so good haha, and hope that works! So I'm feeling confident so far this cycle since we are working hard!

Good luck! Keep me posted on your hpt results!

Enjoy! If I end up not being pregnant this cycle, I'm really going to work on not being so stressed. And yes I took another FRER and BFN. I'm hoping my period is just due later this week so it wouldn't show up yet. FXed!

I'm certain that I'm actually in the tww now. I'm pretty sure I ovulated around Christmas...my app told me the 22nd, but I think it was closer to the 25th. It could have possibly been the 20th, but I doubt that because my period should already be here if that's the case.

My app takes all my cycles from the last (almost) three years and averages them out to figure out my fertile time and when AF is due. According to it, I'm due to start AF January 5th. Even if I ovulated a few days late, I don't have too much longer of the tww to go. :)

My app said that I ovulated 24! FXed we get our BFP!

FX and lots of :dust:!

When are you planning on testing?

I tested December 31st and January 1st with BFNs both times. :nope: If I didn't ovulate until the 25th, then it would have been too early, though, so I'm trying to stay hopeful.

FX and lots of :dust:!

When are you planning on testing?

I tested December 31st and January 1st with BFNs both times. :nope: If I didn't ovulate until the 25th, then it would have been too early, though, so I'm trying to stay hopeful.

I tested today and BFN. I'm not sure what to think. I honestly don't know when my AF is supposed to come. I think sometime this week...I hope I'm still just testing early. FXed! I think next cycle, I'm not going to obsess over dates and such. Easier said than done...but I have to distract myself and I think working out could be a great way!

That is the thing with long cycles! So hard to know! I've heard of a lot of people getting bfns a couple times and then ending up with a bfp though! You're not out till af shows up!

I won't be testing till around the 23. Still in my fertile window (I think!). My app does the same, except it's only my last 3 periods since I was on the pill prior to that!

psulion08 - You're not out until the :witch: shows up! Working out could definitely be a good way to help reduce stress and distract you. Plus, it'll help you be healthy for when you do get pregnant. :thumbup:

I'm going to be testing again today (hopefully). I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed for a bfp. According to my app, AF is due today, so I think a test should be accurate, even if I ovulated a couple days late.

Mind if I join you ladies? I have always had slightly longer cycles, but they have gone insane since we started TTC in September. Technically I am still on cycle 2..what the heck?!! lol I temp and do OPK's, though the OPK's have been more of a waste of time/money. According to my temps on FF I am 20DPO which I don't believe, but who knows! Good luck and baby dust to all of you!!!

Please do join in jules8! Sounds similar to me, though possibly even longer! I started ttc in sept too, but in my fertile window in third cycle.

So you are waiting for your af to show up I guess? Have you tested??

I'd like to join you all too! Hi again, crazycatlady!

I'm currently 18dpo and CD 38 and still creamy CM. Longest cycle since BCP was 51 days, and shortest was 42. I think there might be something wrong with me but I thought I'd wait one more cycle. I started Vitex on Nov. 29 and it helped a little so far because I ovulated 5 days earlier. Frustrated that AF hasn't shown and had a BFN yesterday. Drives me crazy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->