Long Cycles TTC #1 & Need a buddy!

Hey Ladies,

Just thought id pop on quickly n say hello!! As you can see from Facebook little Ava arrived 3 days early on 25th Feb and yep it was the same day Dana had her lil un, how unlikely is that!!!!

My waters went at 2:40 in the morning and contractions were straight to about 6 mins apart so i rang the hospital who said to give it an hour and ring them. i gave it an hour and contractions were then 4 mins apart and so i was told to go in. Arrived at the hospital at 4am and had to wait in the day room for 25 mins as no beds were available - not good as contractions were now 2 - 3 mins apart n waters continuing to leak! Finally found a bed in the assessment unit where they had a look and i was already at 4cm and was offered gas n air and pethidine which i accepted! Within half hour i kept having the urge ti push but was still only at 5cm and in assessment unit and not main delivery unit - apparently they only have limited staff on a weekend and so could not take me until 8am when the new shift started :0 finally at 8am i was taken to MDU and was examined and at 7cm, by this time i was pushing with every contracction as me and baby were back to back which was horrendous i just couldnt breathe through the contraction due to the need to push! i then begged for an epidural as i was so tired and was told it should only be an hour -this was at 8:30 - i was still waiting for one at 1pm! Bearing in mind contractions still 2-3 mins apart = very tired me! Finally about 2pm i had my epidural which was wonderful, it didnt hurt at all and only took about 15 mins to take pain away. i didnt have the full block and so could still move my legs etc but wasnt feeling pain or the urge to push. i also had a push button to top it up when needed but only to a set limit within 20mins. Labour was going ok from here on and i actually started to enjoy the contraction sensation! By 5ish i was at 9cm but they could feel a lip of my cervix over the baby's head and basically told me i had an hour before they would have to do a section to avoid distress to the baby. i was examined an hour later and the lip was still there but was clearing so it was agreed a final 20 mins for it to go or it would be off to theatre. suddenly, 5 mins later alarms went off on the monitor and a load of staff ran in, tipped my bed up and whisked me into theatre as baby's heart rate had dropped too low and she was getting very tired and distressed. due to the urgency i had to give verbal consent to c section as no time for paperwork. by this point i was very distressed but coping ok. section appeared to go ok and baby Ava was born at 6:15pm weighing 7lb 8oz. as they pulled the baby out i started experiencing pain and was given gas and air, hubby was taken out of theatre with the baby and i was left alone. the registrar then told me they had torn my uterus when getting the baby out and that i would need a 2nd operation to repair the damage but as it was urgent i would be given a general anaesthetic. at this point i started fitting and was given an injection to calm the muscles and was asked for verbal consent for a hysterectomy as it might be needed. i gave permisson and was then given the G/A. 2 hours later i finally came around in recovery with hubby n Ava by my side n hubby had clearly been very upset - later found out they told him nothing of my complications and he was left on his own with the baby the whole time. i was then taken up to high dependency as i was tachicardic (sp!) and needed 15 minute obs. i was looked after there until i could be moved to a 'normal' delivery ward 2 days later.

Not exactly as i thought labour was going to be and im still a long way from being on my feet yet but im getting there. the worst thing is that due to the different tablets ive got to take i cant keep food down and so am feeling really rough - i finish these tomorrow and so hopefully my recovery will be sped up! Also have trouble going to the toilet (which is completely black (stools not my toilet)) due to the iron tabs im on as i also had excessive blood loss during my op - cant wait til im tablet free lol

Hope i havent scared you too much :)
Take care and speak soon xxxx

Oh my goodness Stacey! How scary! I'm so glad you and Ava are ok. Did they end up having to do the hysterectomy?

I hope your recovery isn't too bad. It's bad enough with all the normal post partum stuff, without having had major surgery on top. You are such a strong lady, though, and I know you will do fine. How's the first week home gone?

It was quite scary but thankfully me and Ava are now both doing well and im up and about :)

Thankfully the registrar who did the c section called in a top surgeon and he's managed to repair any damage and so no hysterectomy was needed. I just hope everything is still ok when we decide to try again for baby no 2! (although am giving myself atleast a year before even thinking of trying again!!)

Our first week home went by soo fast! Ava has been great and is now 7lb 10oz and so is growing well, she's currently taking 3 to 4 oz every 3 to 4 hours - cant wait til this time gap is about 6 hours tho as its a killer ha ha she's also sufferring from colic so i've changed to Dr Brown bottles and started using colief and it seemed to help last night as she went down sweet as a nut :)

How is little Miles doing? Cant believe he's 5 months old already :0 time really does fly! xx

Oh Wow and congratulations to you both ladies!!

Wow Stacey, glad you are doing fine after everything, and that you are well. How wonderful to be home with your little girl..
Look forward to seeing the pics of her too

Keep well and a big kiss to your baby.xx

Wow Miles is now 5 months, how time flies- :)

Lots of love.xx

I started to track my cycles before 2011 and my longest cycle was 46 days! I started walking my daughter to school and my last 3 cycles have been 31, 31, 32 - so still longish but better in general!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->