Long cycles, will ov ever come?

Sambo

Reaction score
Hiya Guys

I came off the pill in Dec to start ttc. My cycles seem to be around 37-40 days each time. I am not too concerned as lots of peops have longer cycles -especially when they come off the pill (although I think I may have always had longer cycles even before the pill).

It is just so frustrating waiting for OV. I know the 2ww is hard work but the wait between af and ov seems to go on forever. I feel like I am in limbo, trying to make excuses not to have a glass of wine or 2 with the girlies and staying off the coffee at work. There is always an abundance of cute babies around as well.

Feel so helpless -just want to get to work on making r little bean!!

Anyone with long cycles feeling the same or is it just me? x x

yeah me too. I had one 25 day cycle and now I am on CD 25 and still waiting to ovulate. It's frustrating, I know and I must have used a million OPK strips as well.

Yep, i am with you! :hissy:
I'm on cd40 at the mo, no real idea when i or if i ovd i think i did last week but am not temping or anything so am just going by cm. Fingers crossed!
Babies everywhere you look arent there!!!! My best friend has just found out she is preggers, am really pleased for her and just a tad jelous!!!:blush:

yeah I had ewcm on wednesday and my cervix is so high up it is practically in my stomach but still no positive. grr. yeah, they are, who knew spring was a time for so many baby people and not just lambs and chicks? awww you poor thing, your turn next and that means lots of hand me down freebies!!!!!

:happydance:Hadnt thought about the freebie, handme downs :rofl: Great to put a positive spin on these things!

Do you know how soon after ov you are likely to get any symptoms? Not that i am impatient or anything!!!:laugh2:

Hope you Ov soon :hug:

aww you too, thanks! I got symptoms 6dpo last month (but as a disclaimer they could be caused by coming off the pill but they stopped 2 days after the pregnancy ended) I had a lower back ache, really annoying and I would struggle to sleep at night because it just ached no matter how I lay, my nipples were really sensitive, if I was leaning against a clipboard I would know about lol and the day I got my bfp (10 dpo) my gums hurt really bad I thought I had a gum infection or something. xxx

Hiya Guys

I came off the pill in Dec to start ttc. My cycles seem to be around 37-40 days each time. I am not too concerned as lots of peops have longer cycles -especially when they come off the pill (although I think I may have always had longer cycles even before the pill).

It is just so frustrating waiting for OV. I know the 2ww is hard work but the wait between af and ov seems to go on forever. I feel like I am in limbo, trying to make excuses not to have a glass of wine or 2 with the girlies and staying off the coffee at work. There is always an abundance of cute babies around as well.

Feel so helpless -just want to get to work on making r little bean!!

Anyone with long cycles feeling the same or is it just me? x x

I came off BCP in November as we decided to ttc. :happydance:
Had I known earlier what I know now would have stop BCP much sooner! :dohh:
:witch: arrived yesterday :happydance::happydance::happydance:
after 98 days of waiting.
The relief is unreal. :yipee:
At least now hubby and I have something to work with. So really this is our first official cycle ttc.
In those 98 days I fairly well lost the will to live.
I became obsessed with symptom spotting (both ov and pg symptoms)
and so frustrated with myself. :hissy:
I'm amazed I have any hair left and that my hubby hasn't divorced me!:rofl:
I hope my story makes you feel even slightly better.
I totally feel your pain. Ever need to talk or vent you're more than welcome to pm me. :hugs:

Keep your chin up. It'll happen for you when the time is right.
:hug:

I am so with you on this - I am currently on CD49!! Had 46 day cycle last month...fed up...

i am exactly the same i came off my pill in dec. Last month period was week late this month it has not came but i am def not PG. So i have no clue when i am ovulating or anything so so frustrating

Thanks guys, so glad I'm not alone here! Every baby related thing I read talks about the 28 day cycle, I was beginning to think I was flying solo!!

Scrunchie, I'm exactly the same as you, came off the pill Dec thinking I would start making babies straight away only to realise I had messed up my cycles. Yay for your AF coming!! Now you can start planning!!

Plumpplump, bless your heart. The witch will be here soon, fx (not often we look forward to seeing the old hag!)

On a completely different note, can anyone help me with adding the icons?? When I click on one I don't get a picture in my text, just a word. Is that right? Does it change into an icon when I submit a post?? I'm so rubbish with technology!! x x x

I know exactly what you're going through and it's so frustrating. Hope things get straightened out soon! :hugs:

I'm with you guys too! I have about a 36 day cycle...I hate it! It feels like FOREVER waiting on OV and then even longer during the 2WW. I have always had this long cycle...yet have never been on any birth control.

im with you.... CD61 today ... it is like forever. Before I went on BCP it was already like that, 21-80 day cycles

Just think ladies, in a few years to come when we have all made our :baby: :baby: we can embrace and enjoy our long cycles. It means the old :witch: visits less regularly :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Just think ladies, in a few years to come when we have all made our :baby: :baby: we can embrace and enjoy our long cycles. It means the old :witch: visits less regularly :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

well done on figuring out how to use the icons!!!! :yipee::wohoo:
was just about to tell you how! you had the gist of it anyways :happydance:

OMG positive OPK on CD26!!!!!!!!!! lol, why am I so excited? Shame I only have 8 hours in between finishing work tonight and getting up with the pooch in the morning.

Just thought i'd add a positive twist to this thread.

I was also a sufferer of long very irregular cycles i only had 6 periods in the whole year we were TTC. I got my :bfp: on CD65 on 3/3/09 @ 12dpo.

So don't loose hope it can happen!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I came off the pill in May of 08 and had consistent 40-45 day cycles. I finally went into my dr and she gave me norethindrone. I took it for 10 days and my last cycle was finally down to 34 days.

If you have a consistently long cycle (and I think they say longer than 38 days is the general rule) maybe you should pop in and see your dr and just get their opinion/advice. There may be something they can do for you!

OMG positive OPK on CD26!!!!!!!!!! lol, why am I so excited? Shame I only have 8 hours in between finishing work tonight and getting up with the pooch in the morning.

:happydance: Yay on the OV!!!! 8 hours should be plenty of time to make thatt baby!!!!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->