Long Term Clomid

mommyof2peas

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a question.

I have suffered 2 mmc in the last year and my doc has put me on Clomid to help with the quality of my eggs. After the first MC I was only on it for 4 months before becoming pregnant again. I lost that baby at 13ish weeks and now have been on clomid for 7 months. He wrote me a script for 5 more months for a total of 12 months. he says that we know it works for me since I was able to get pregnant before.

My question is I haven't seen anyone taking it that long in a row before. My AF has gone from 6-7 days down to 2-4 days and Im thinking maybe my issue isnt with becoming pregnant it with the egg implanting. Like my lining isnt what it needs to be? I'm wondering if anyone has taking Clomid longer then 6 months and still gotten pregnant.

I love my OB and I know hes amazing. So Im struggling with whether or not to continue with the Clomid or to take a couple months off to help build my lining back up.

I was prescribed Clomid for 12 months, although I only ended up taking it for 10 cycles due to side effects. It did make me ovulate, although I failed to fall pregnant. I eventually conceived using IVF.

I would've had it for 12 cycles but it worked finally on cycle 8, good luck!

Clomid is known to thin uterine lining which is why its not typically recommended beyond 6 months ,but cant be sure if its effecting it without a mid cycle U/S to check the lining.

I decided to take the summer off clomid just in case. I figure 3 months to heal and build my lining back u is just what my body needs :D

I had scans at month 8 (was supposed to be 7 but I was on holiday) to check everything was ok. It was but they didn't think I'd ovulated - erm I did as I got my BFP 10 days later! :rofl: x

Oh & actually just remembered I had a month gap between 6 & 7 where no clomid

My RE was fine with it for longer periods of time but clomid does thin your lining and can cause cysts, (Which I got on cycle 5), really best used with monitoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->