Long Term TTC 35+

Still no AF but temps had dropped this morning, so expecting it to show up any time now :cry:

On first af after mc which has been my worst one ever!!!Heavier bleeding than during mc been on now for 7 days and still no let up.

i did not ov after mc as was using sticks to check so hoping to ov this month,am going to start checking as soon as af stops.

have everything ready soft cups,preseed,opks,have been still taking all the prenatal vits and have added vit b complex and q10 and baby aspirin ,dont smoke or drink and dont toutch caffine so if nothing happens ive done all i can:wacko::wacko:

How's it going Sparky? I have had a bit of brownish discharge and BFN's on ic hpt. I'm thinking AF will be here very soon :(

Defo no for me - AF started today. Would have been a bit too good to be true I guess!

Hello everybody. So nice to have our own forum.
I am 36 years old. Had my DD when I was 34 after only 2 cycles TTC and wanted to give her a sibling really quick. Well 19 months ttc and still counting. This is our 3rd round clomid with pregnyl shot. Iam 4 dpo but feeling it's not gonna happen...
I guess age is really an issue especially after 35...

Sorry about AF, Sparky. Emma, hoping you're still in the game.

My tww is slowly winding down. If she comes, I would expect her on Wednesday. I was having a pain in my tailbone for days which has now gone away. Feeling very normal, which makes me think this cycle is a bust. But we'll see!

Astero - I wouldn't necessarily chalk it up to being 35. I started actively trying at 33 and still nothing! Sometimes the stars just don't align. I refuse to blame it on my age!

Well AF arrived bang on time for me this morning. Very disappointed to say the least but hopefully 3rd clomid cycle lucky :)

Good Luck Lola and ASTERO. We need some BFP's around here xx

Sorry, Emma. Hopefully your third clomid cycle will do the trick.

Is anyone else getting close? I would expect AF this Wed/Thurs, so I'm almost done with this tww.

Good luck Lola! Come on girls! We need a lucky BFP START on this forum. Go Go Go !

Howdy all.....nice to see a few familiar faces here and some I don't recognise, but am very pleased to meet.

I have to confess I've been a member on TTC BnB for longer than I really wanted to, and lately have stuck pretty much to LTTTC.

I'm Lyndsay, very fast approaching 41 (next month) been TTC number 2 for about 2.5 years now, with 2 mc's, 5 rounds of Clomid and a 3 month tango with vulval cancer, including 2 major ops that put TTC on a back burner for a wee while. It's been an intersting couple of years!

So after a little recuperation holiday away, I've logged on and am incredibly pleased to see a forum dedicated to us olders 'tryers'. We are currently teetering between TTC and NTNP.....the heart lying in TTC and the head knowing that I really should give it a bit longer for me to recover from my last op, but time is ticking fast!

I think I'm CD 15 and have just Ov'd....or am about to. To be honest I haven't pee'd on anything or taken my temp for a while now, figuring that its a more thinly covered attempt at the more sensible NTNP route....whom I kidding! :lol:

Anyway, here's hoping our sparkly new forum brings us some sparkly success stories to spur us on! x

Hi Ladies

My story...I'm 40, DH is 42, and we've been ttc no 2 for 18 months. Have and 8 year old and would love to give him a brother or sister to play with. But alas no luck so far, not even a sniff. Apart from this month when I am over a week late but all BFN's so far including today :( So cruel, I'm never late, but I can't even attribute it to a positive test when I am!
dunno what's going on. Can't see doc until next Tues but they weren't fussed when I called anyway and just offered to do another urine test. Surely not much point as CB digi and FRER must be just as sensitive as doc's tests?
So I can't even get going on next month's cycle at this rate.
Brill that we have this forum - so encouraging and positive. I'm taking so much heart from all you lovely ladies. Good luck to us all :)

Hi Lyns - it's difficult to know where to go - I could be in Trying to Conceive, TTC after a loss, LTTTC, and now TTC for oldies!

HI Minnow - frustrating isn't it - do you chart? Was there something that happened around the time you should have OVd that could have delayed it happening? Hope something happens for you, one way or another, soon!

Hi Minno,

My cycles have always been like clockwork, expect for one cycle last August. Two weeks late and for some reason, it never started. Test after test was BFN. I was having major backache and cramps, but no AF. My doctor eventually gave me provera to bring on AF. I still don't know what the heck it was - other than add & extremely frustrating. Hopefully you'll get resolution soon.

Thanks Lola and Sparky.
Dunno what the heck's going on down there lol Never been late before. I don't chart but do use CBFM and sometimes OPK sticks as well. But of course, typically, never did this month cos I was trying to relax a bit about it all - ha ha bloody ha! So the upshot is.......don't know if or when I ov.
Just guessing cos my cycles is never normally longer than 28 days, I'm now on CD38 and BFN central :( Tried again this morning but no luck as usual. Did dig out a Tesco cheapie one I did the other day and there was faint line but sure it was just evap as have had nothing since on any of the others.

Worst thing is, keep getting tiny bits of breakthru of browny-pink and thinking AF is about to start but nothing happens. So frustrating. Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually want to see the witch!

Got a docs appt next Tues so will see what happens between now and then.
Thanks for all your support guys, it means so much
xxx

Sparky, mmm, just had another thought about your question re delayed ov. Could it be due to exercise? I was exercising right around ov this cycle and I always get light breakthru after a class - could that have disrupted things do you think?

I don't know, sorry. I know stress can delay it, and your body can interpret all sorts of things as stress (eg a holiday)

Hello girls :hi: Can I join you? I am 35 almost 36, and have been trying over a year for our 1st.

I have been off BnB for about a month. Was feeling rather upset about the whole TTC thing. Glad to come back to a new section for girls around the same age as me :thumbup:

Welcome, Nibbler. It's much more comfortable in our only little niche.

Just peeking in cause I was in this situation and was curious to "eavesdrop" on the new area.

I was 37 and like you, I was TTC for more than two years. No positives on any pregnancy tests or anything.

Every month it seemed like another adrenaline rush as 'that time of month' drew near ... and then another miserable disappointment when everything went exactly as usual ....

I started to feel like I just didn't know the magic spell or something.

I had tried every potion and lifestyle improvement -- every internet tip I ever read -- and none of it had helped. Absolutely nothing. So one day I just gave up....went back to doing everything wrong ... tried to forget all about TTC ... and immediately got pregnant. :winkwink:

Maybe the stress of TTC really does get in the way sometimes! I don't know. In my case, giving up the stress seemed to make a way bigger difference than giving up the caffeine etc.

Now, I have a girl. And there were absolutely no complications with being over 35.

So I just wanted to share. I've been there, girlfriend!

Hi Ladies - I can hardly believe I'm typing this, but I actually got a :bfp: this morning at 13DPO :)

Apparently clomid plus IUI was the winning combination for me. I was sort of expecting it - have felt it since 5DPO. I never test anymore, but this cycle I knew I was in the game. Still, I'm in shock. So, to give you all hope, know that we've been trying since March of 2007. So 3 years and 4 months into it, I finally have my first BFP at 36 (very close to 37).

Wishing you tons and tons of baby dust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->