Long term WTT

im waiting till at least 2015. :/ (I'll be 26 and my hubby will be 28) Im hoping to be done with school by then. meanwhile, I'm not on bc and we don't always use protection. So if it happens-it happens I guess. It's so hard to wait!

Especially because most girls from my high school (which makes up more than half of my fb friends) are either pregnant or already have kids. Some even on baby #2! It's all I ever hear about! I know 7 pregnant girls off the top of my head right now! and 5 that JUST had babies within the last 6 months. and a ton of other girls who have kids under the age of 3. & Im going to a baby shower next weekend! All of my cousins on my dads side have kids except me! haha

I know of a lot of women who had babies too in the past months/year.Since January six women that I know have had babies three of them in last month.

I have been waiting to try for around 16 months, with another 12 to 18 months to go. I was waiting indefinitely after my ex and I split up, but I have finally found a great guy and we are ready to start our own family. we are just waiting for him to get a vasectomy reversal, which will take us about a year to save for. in the meantime we are just hoping his vasectomy failed and we get lucky. I agree with the other ladies that waiting really sucks.

I'm torn! My OH and I were thinking 2015 but I'm considering going to uni so I don't know whether to go for it in 2015 or wait until after uni.... which will probably be 2019 if I'm lucky! :(

You're really probably going to have to just see what happens. I am in graduate school now and I originally thought we would have kids during school, but we had to change our plans when my husband had to move for work. There are definitely people in my program having babies though. It really just depends on your circumstances and what you think will work for you.

We just had #1, but will be WTT for at least 3 years. We had #1 when we did because otherwise we'd have been waiting about 5 just to start trying for our first. I'm not 100% sure we made the right choice... On good days, I'm positive we did. On bad days, well... :shrug:

We were planning on keeping at least 3 years between kids anyways, so it's not a huge loss to wait, but it's a bit daunting... Some days I wonder if we'll ever be in a position to be able to have another kid. The future is a big giant question mark right now.

I'm 22, OH is 21 - we've been together over 6 years and I've been broody for probably half of that! Got at least 2 years left before I can even think about it.
It's a killer, especially when everyone around me is getting pregnant without a care in the world!

I'm 21 , bf is 22 and we have been together over 6 years! I've been waiting 2 years and not a clue how long it will be until we try. Waiting on bf to be ready !

My OH and I had decided last Christmas that we would TTC #1 in August of 2016... We are building a house together (with no contractors/workers (!!)) and are building our business to hopefully have it run without us having to be there 24/7... We were originally thinking of TTC #1 in the summer of 2014.. But last Christmas we decided to go for our real estate licenses and open a realty company in 2015ish... So it's just under another 3 years for us until babies come in to the picture :wacko: ...Still not sure if I'll be able to make it until then... But more so.. I've noticed OH becoming a bit excited these days around our friend kids/babies... So we'll see, we may pull the plug sooner :happydance:

So yeah.. I feel your pain... My way of dealing is to keep myself busy with work/education until then so I don't think about it so much :shrug:

I'm in the long-term WTT for #1 boat too. I don't come on here very often, but when I'm having a hard day, it helps to come on and see that others are dealing with this too. DH and I are both 29, and so lots of our friends are pregnant, have babies, or have a couple kids already. I have loved babies for my whole life, and spent many years being a nanny so I feel completely ready. I've been broody for more than a year now, and I get really anxious thinking about waiting too long to TTC and having fertility problems. Plus, both of my younger sisters are TTC right now, which makes things even harder. Buuuuut, we live, literally, on the other side of the world from our families right now, and will be moving back to US east coast where they all are in June 2015. DH really wants to wait until we've moved, bought a house there, and settled in before we TTC. So it's looking like winter 2015/spring 2016 is probably the earliest it'll happen (when I am 31-32, ugh). I completely understand his reasoning, but other than living so far away from family, we are completely ready-- financially, emotionally, etc. My only coping strategy right now is planning trips that will be harder to take once we have kids-- we are going to Thailand and Alaska next year. But planning trips only takes up so much time, and I get so frustrated by waiting and jealous of people who are pregnant. Anyway, I'm just having one of those days today (my best friend told me she's going off birth control) and wanted to chime in.

We've been waiting for ages too! We've been together for 10 years and after we had a scare in our first year together we've always known we wanted children. But agreed we wanted to be in our own place and be married first - cue family breakdown on his side and a decison that he never wanted to get married! Fast forward a few years and, much to his dads disgust(!), we finally got married last year :D but in the meantime, thinking it was never going to happen, i locked myself into a finance deal for my car :( so now i have to wait for that to finish so we can organise our finances and be in a position for me to take mat leave!
So we were gonna start ttc spring 2014. Then i got offered a new, much better job!! :D Yea!! However that now means that in order for me to be sure i will get good mat leave and have a job to go back to after (would prefer to be a SAHM but needs must unfortunatly) i need to wait some more to get my 1 year contract thats std for new employees made permanant. So now waiting untill at least August 2014 - and i dont think it'll be easy to concieve :( (i'm gonna be almost 29 by then, and my immediate family has mixed success with fertility - like litrally opposite ends of the spectrum, so i have no idea where i'll fall in that respect! :/ )

Really hard this waiting lark, especially with friends not really worrying about future finances or consequences, just having a what will be will be attitude! I just cant be that relaxed about it - i want us to be able to stand on our own two feet and not have to rely on handouts!
Anyway trying to be positive about it - i may have had to add more time to the waiting but at this point its still just under a year away! We're hopefully now moving outta MIL's soon and into our own place again (its been a looooong 6months!!)! And then it'll be christmas, and what with settling into a new job too - surely the next 11 months will whizz past ;) (hopefully!)

Really hard this waiting lark, especially with friends not really worrying about future finances or consequences, just having a what will be will be attitude! I just cant be that relaxed about it - i want us to be able to stand on our own two feet and not have to rely on handouts!

I totally understand what you mean, we are trying to be sensible and others are just not worrying although you don't actually know whats going on in their lives, perhaps people regret rushing into having a baby and struggle with money. at least by us waiting we are putting ourselves in a better position when the time comes and never have to feel guilty about waiting. it is hard to wait though but you know time really does fly in. its nearly winter and then the new year will start and before you know it it will be your turn :happydance:

Very true missn8, i've been trying to countdown things that are between now and then - before i know it i'll be really nervous coz it'll be time to come off the pill and i'll be petrified its all started!!

How long have you got left with the waiting game?

hi Mandy about 12 or so months sounds less when you say months then will be ntnp I hope. will you be ttc or ntnp?

I guess more ntnp - I don't want it become too intense, lose all the romance and become a chore! But I think if no luck after a year then I'll start monitoring myself a bit more closely!
I remember before I was taking the pill I would get a pain/ache in my side once a month which I put down to ovulating so I'm hoping that'll be enough to make sure we're bd at the right times!

I have no idea what ovulation will feel like been on the pill for years. it will be fun finding out. I think it will take me a while to ovulate as cerazette has stopped my periods completely.

Hi guys.

Haven´t really been waiting long yet, but am looking at years and years of waiting for DH to become ready.
We have a 10 month old boy. I would like to start trying for #2 when LO hits the year mark, DH would like to wait "for a few years".
I don´t know how long that might be.
My guesstimate is our TTC date might be somewhere between 2016-2021.
I´ll be 35-40 when that is. Not sure if I want to have more children at that age...

Hi guys.

Haven´t really been waiting long yet, but am looking at years and years of waiting for DH to become ready.
We have a 10 month old boy. I would like to start trying for #2 when LO hits the year mark, DH would like to wait "for a few years".
I don´t know how long that might be.
My guesstimate is our TTC date might be somewhere between 2016-2021.
I´ll be 35-40 when that is. Not sure if I want to have more children at that age...

sure that's still young ;) as long as your healthy plenty of women have children mid to late 30s

Kate Winslet just had a baby Saturday and she's 38.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"