Longer than 28 day cycle - poor egg quality?

DandJ

First time mom
Reaction score
My fertility doctor told me a few months ago that although my cycles are pretty much consistent (31-33 days) that if I have a longer than the normal 28 day cycle, my egg quality is poor?

How true is this? I have thought all women were different with their cycles and the 28 day cycle myth was debunked? As long as it's not shorter than 28 days or longer than 40 days that it's considered normal, right?

I haven't had a 28 day cycle since I started tracking my cycles about 13 cycles ago so makes me wonder it's one of the reasons I have not conceived, although I did have a chemical back in December.

Can any ladies share their input on this and if delivered a healthy baby with a longer than 28 day cycle? Thank yooooou <3

I would get a second opinion as this does not sound legitimate to me. More women I know have cycles about your length vs. 28 days. Also, I always had cycles that were 30-33 days until I was in my 30's (now late 30's) when my egg quality started to decline. At that point I started to have a 28 day cycle. (I had two losses at 36 due to poor egg quality.)

I hope this isn't true! Before I got pregnant with my daughter I only had 2 periods that year then one day I just happened to pop out an egg and it turned out fine so I can't see how the 28 day thing is true...?

No way this is true. Get a new doc!

I O'd CD18 with our son. Implanted.12DPO and bfp finally on 20DPO confirmed with betas the next day with HCG @ 240. Very long cycle and he's definitely healthy

Thank you all for your inputs! I definitely thought that was weird of him to say.... Hoping to O very soon either tomorrow (CD17) or following day (CD18).

Definitely had me worried but I knew women have different cycle lengths that produce healthy babies. :)

My cycle ranged from 30-36 days and I have a slightly strange toddler.

My cycle ranged from 30-36 days and I have a slightly strange toddler.
:rofl: Nice!

I tried researching online about the 28 day cycle theory but some websites says yes, anything longer is poor egg quality but others don't. Oh wells.

I checked my old charts and I ovulated on CD 21 with him.

I have had a 29-31 day cycle since I was a pre-teen. I also got pregnant with my daughter with NO problems (a "whoopsie") lol when I was 17 years old. So, I don't see this being true.

Completely false. A normal cycle is anywhere from 21-35 days. 28 days is the "ideal"cycle.
I had a friend who ovulated past day 40 and she has a four year old now.
With my first, i ovulated day 17.

Thank you!! Definitely believe my doctor is old fashioned.

Omg what a load of bs! Egg quality is not determined by the length of your cycles. I would get a new doctor... Old fashioned is one thing but this is really uneducated. Lol

Well, I think I'm going to be having an anovulatory cycle since I haven't O'd yet and today would be the last day until it's officially marked the longest without O'ing.

I have all the signs of an LH surge, just no O! So frustrating!!

I ovulated with my daughter on cd 31 (on clomid) and she's perfectly healthy. Long cycles just mean you ovulate later not that the egg is about longer

BFP cycle in green was the cycle I got pregnant with our son. I got my BFP two days after the last temp and he's healthy as a horse

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-14-08-44-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-14-08-44-39.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 3
Yeah when TTC my son I had 30-32 day cycles with late ovulation and conceived twice in 6 months (first was a chemical) so this doesn't seem true to me.

My cycles are 33/34 days and I usally ovulate day 20-22 so a short luteal phase.

I got pregnant with my son whilst taking the pill and have a perfectly healthy son

Then we decided to TTC and I got pregnant in one month but sadly had a early miscarriage

Then we tried again for two months and I got pregnant.

In my experience it hasn't affected anything. I get pregnant fairly quickly and have two healthy babies. I don't put the miscarriage down to my cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->