Looked forward to this date for 9 months.... and nothing.

Monix

Reaction score
I feel so down. Today is my due date with no sign of the baby coming anytime soon (my ticker is off by a day). This happened with my son and he was 6 days late which doesn't seem like much except it certainly does at the time.

Everyone says take your mind off it and enjoy the last few nights of sleep, but how do I take my mind off it when I get a text every 10 minutes asking if the baby is here yet, and how do I enjoy the last few nights when I am so incredibly uncomfortable and exhausted and have been for weeks now it's just getting worse. Oh and my mother in law is staying with us which is really nice but she asks me 40 times a day about how I'm feeling and if I'm timing contractions. Not great for taking my mind off things.

I forgot how hard these last few weeks were. None of my family or friends understand because EVERYONE I know had their baby early. Being late is hard.

Sorry I just needed to rant. :(

So much is put in a due date, I know. But as you probably know, only 5% of women have their babies on their due date, so really, you are right on track.
All my babies have been late, so I suppose I never really get annoyed when the due date passes. I do know the waiting can be made frustrating by all the calls and texts and emails, though. People are just excited, but it does nothing for your anxiety, I'm sure. Instead of answering, I find that just sending them directly to this website is helpful.

https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

When I do feel myself getting impatient, I try to remember that life is a feast, not a race. Baby will be out, and on his or her way to growing up soon enough. I am sure you are already trying to enjoy the remaining time, but do keep trying.

Hugs to you!

So much is put in a due date, I know. But as you probably know, only 5% of women have their babies on their due date, so really, you are right on track.
All my babies have been late, so I suppose I never really get annoyed when the due date passes. I do know the waiting can be made frustrating by all the calls and texts and emails, though. People are just excited, but it does nothing for your anxiety, I'm sure. Instead of answering, I find that just sending them directly to this website is helpful.

https://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

When I do feel myself getting impatient, I try to remember that life is a feast, not a race. Baby will be out, and on his or her way to growing up soon enough. I am sure you are already trying to enjoy the remaining time, but do keep trying.

Hugs to you!

Haha thanks that website made me smile :) perfect answer!

You’re totally right, and he can’t stay in there forever :)

That website made me chuckle :haha: I've had 2 late babies and have no doubt this one will follow suit. Mentally I found it hard first time as had loads of friends due later who were popping earlier but in the end it really didn't matter(though felt angry at the time!). We all got our babies :haha: just turn your phone off for a few days x That's what I did last time and plan to do this time, it took the strain off and my son came a few days later x

I sympathise, my two boys were both 9 days late and the pregnancies felt never ending! My midwife has told me to expect another late baby this time again so I am not putting much stock in my due date.

Try to remember that it’s normal to deliver two weeks either side of your due date, so even though they give you a specific date, you really have a ‘due month’ as it’s that whole 4 week period that is considered term and normal for delivery!

Thank you for the replies :)

Surprisingly I didn’t have to wait long! I had no warnings at all and had a contraction around 6:45pm that night, and he was born exactly 2 hours later! We live more than an hour away from the hospital and made it there 22 minutes before he was born. Not what I was expecting at all, labour for my first son dragged on slowly for 41 hours.

Congrats! I'm glad you didn't have to wait much longer!

Oh wow, congrats on the quick birth!! Hope all is well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->