Looking at baby things..

I have been looking at baby stuff more and more. I started doing it to get an idea of how much things would cost but now I do it to see what items can multitask as I want to avoid having tons of stuff, just the essentials and a few 'nice to haves'. For example I'm looking at baby wearing as a way to avoid needing a stroller for a while. Not sure if that's realistic but it would be great if it works out.

That's practical thinking, I have been doing that too :) I do stalk preparing for baby videos like essentials to buy :blush: I also want to baby wear and avoid strollers for long as my back can manage.. :haha:

When are you TTC hun :)

Yeah as long as my back can manage! I'm hopeful that I will get stronger as the baby grows *fingers crossed*. I also love watching the baby videos too! I'll be TTC in February, so close but feels so far.

I have been looking at baby stuff more and more. I started doing it to get an idea of how much things would cost but now I do it to see what items can multitask as I want to avoid having tons of stuff, just the essentials and a few 'nice to haves'. For example I'm looking at baby wearing as a way to avoid needing a stroller for a while. Not sure if that's realistic but it would be great if it works out.

That's practical thinking, I have been doing that too :) I do stalk preparing for baby videos like essentials to buy :blush: I also want to baby wear and avoid strollers for long as my back can manage.. :haha:

Yeah as long as my back can manage! I'm hopeful that I will get stronger as the baby grows *fingers crossed*. I also love watching the baby videos too! I'll be TTC in February, so close but feels so far.

I think I have officially watched every single One Born Every Minute... lol!

Will this be #1 for you and OH?

February is just round the corner! :happydance:

omg, i love watching videos about babies and birth and all that :)
I'm also hoping to baby wear as long as i can and avoid using a stroller. I might get one of those light, simple, low key ones for when they're a little older and can't handle walking for too long. but yeah i totally refuse to start out with one of those giant bulky strollers. just seems like too much to me! Who knows though, maybe one day i'll change my mind..

omg, i love watching videos about babies and birth and all that :)
I'm also hoping to baby wear as long as i can and avoid using a stroller. I might get one of those light, simple, low key ones for when they're a little older and can't handle walking for too long. but yeah i totally refuse to start out with one of those giant bulky strollers. just seems like too much to me! Who knows though, maybe one day i'll change my mind..

Hehe we are totally baby lurkers! I am obsessed with anything baby and OH knows my favourite programmes or what ill be doing on laptop when I'm on there. It's too close now to think about anything else!! :D we TTC the day we get married and I'm actually more excited about TTC than the wedding!

Yay for baby carrying, I hear it's good for baby aswell to be close to mum and easier for us to get jobs done!

Yup this will be #1 for us! You too I'm guessing? That's so exciting to have your wedding as your TTC date! (as I see this is a second wedding for you and OH? so cool!)

My DH went out of town for work last night and after reading this thread I restarted all my baby shopping again haha...I always do it in a private internet window cause I'm afraid to scare DH with how much research I've done but I'm starting to ease off on my secrecy and and am now bookmarking stuff as the time draws nearer to TTC! Last night I did lots of research on cloth diapering and cribs and now hoping to avoid getting a crib too... (read some interesting stuff about how the crib is a modern invention and not used in many cultures). My family (and DH probably) is going to think I'm nuts but I just can't stand the consumerism that has been created around babies and want to avoid wasting money and having more junk in landfills.

Yup this will be #1 for us! You too I'm guessing? That's so exciting to have your wedding as your TTC date! (as I see this is a second wedding for you and OH? so cool!)

My DH went out of town for work last night and after reading this thread I restarted all my baby shopping again haha...I always do it in a private internet window cause I'm afraid to scare DH with how much research I've done but I'm starting to ease off on my secrecy and and am now bookmarking stuff as the time draws nearer to TTC! Last night I did lots of research on cloth diapering and cribs and now hoping to avoid getting a crib too... (read some interesting stuff about how the crib is a modern invention and not used in many cultures). My family (and DH probably) is going to think I'm nuts but I just can't stand the consumerism that has been created around babies and want to avoid wasting money and having more junk in landfills.

Ha private internet search that's quite funny. I bet you are glad to be easing off the secrecy now! What would you use instead of a crib out of interest?

I like the cots that attach to the side of the bed so it's safer for co-sleeping and easier for breastfeeding etc :) I have been searching prices.. I tell my best friend but hubby does think I'm baby mad.. and he isn't wrong!!

Lol yes like a second wedding.. although our religious bit was small and just had a meal but it does mean I get a second dress :happydance:

Its #1 for us too, 2 previous losses for me (ex partner).

2 weeks and 6 days to go and I can hardly sleep!

Instead of a crib I think I'll try a co-sleeper/cot for the beginning and then transition to a mattress on the floor. I'm still reading into co-sleeping and stuff and of course would need DH to be on board with it all but it seems like it's doable. Some people have said that going straight to a mattress/bed helps with transitioning the child from sleeping with you to into their own space etc. so that would be a big plus. I just read a series 'baby essentials that aren't' on ecochildsplay.com and it had some very interesting info regarding a lot of the mainstream baby stuff. If you're into attachment parenting type ideas I'm sure you'll find it interesting!

Ahhh that's what they are called.. I just call it a crib on the bed. .ha! Co-sleeper is definitely what I've been looking at and what I would like to try, they do seem a really good idea with benefits for mum and baby.

I am all for being a breastfeeding cloth diaper baby wearing hippy mum so that series will be interesting to read I'm sure. Thank you!

my boyfriend is the one that cant go round the supermarket without ending up at the baby clothes section............ he picks things up and oooohs and arrhhhhs over them and then quickly puts them back when he sees me raising an eyebrow at him. lol

my boyfriend is the one that cant go round the supermarket without ending up at the baby clothes section............ he picks things up and oooohs and arrhhhhs over them and then quickly puts them back when he sees me raising an eyebrow at him. lol

Now that is super cute! My husband has strayed and looked at a few things.... he's just not a stalker like me :haha:

Does he ever mention when he wants children?

Now that is super cute! My husband has strayed and looked at a few things.... he's just not a stalker like me :haha:

i know. bless him. we are always talking about the next one. we have an ongoing battle about babies in denim. my 9 year old has started called it yoda and its not even conceived. lol
he will say things like " you know yoda, can i name it?" it so funny. our next one really will be the whole families, not just ours( i also have a 16 year old).

Today at Target I was looking at baby clothes. Some were soooooo cute and soft. <3

so.. i mentioned before i window shop all the time and have even gotten a few baby things for free..but recently i've started buying stuff! Its just that it was suuch a great deal and who knows if i'll ever get a deal like that again? some lady was giving away like $280 worth of stuff for $40. I'm justifying it by telling myself its an investment and i can sell it for more than what i paid... Which i really could.. but should i just stop looking at good deals? lol.. because i mean, I can't just buy everything before i'm even pregnant, right? Do you guys think it's a good idea to take advantage of deals when i'm not even pregnant or is it totally weird? :wacko:

I don't think it's weird. My OH and I are doing something similar for our eventual wedding. He wants me to start buying things that are on sale and whatnot for our wedding/reception and we aren't even engaged yet, nor do we have a date. I think it makes more financial sense to buy when you find deals than to wait until you have to buy. As long as you have the storage space for it, I don't think it's a problem :) Just don't go too crazy and buy everything you could possibly ever need...you'll want to do some shopping when you're pregnant :)

hah, you're right! I think making sure i'm not buying everythin will be key. so far i've just gotten things that are small enough that they're easily stored away..I wish i had taken the same approach to wedding stuff. that's really nice that your OH is supportive of buying things before you're engaged :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->