Looking for a buddy :)

La Mere

Mama of 4, ttc #5
Reaction score
OH and I are going to start TTC next weekend and I thought it would be nice to have a buddy or two! Especially since our first was a total surprise! Looking forward to meeting others who are also TTC!:flower:

Hi La Mere :) Welcome to TTC, how old is your first baby?

I'm quite new to this as well, just joined the forum today, although I'm on my third cycle TTC my first baby! Are you going to try anything like temping or opks? I've just bought my first box of clearblue digi opks so hoping they will help!

Hey, DH and I are just starting TTC#2 as well. We TTC for DD for like 18 months, hoping that #2 doesn't take as long.

Are you trying anything right off the bat? DH and I didn't really do anything for the first nearly year. Then I started charting, then got preseed, then opks and preseed. Second cycle w/ preseed got my sticky bfp. DD is nearly 7 months old now.

Good luck! :dust:

Hey, DH and I are just starting TTC#2 as well. We TTC for DD for like 18 months, hoping that #2 doesn't take as long.

Are you trying anything right off the bat? DH and I didn't really do anything for the first nearly year. Then I started charting, then got preseed, then opks and preseed. Second cycle w/ preseed got my sticky bfp. DD is nearly 7 months old now.

Hey, I tried a few cheap opks last month but only got 5 in a pack so never got a result! Other than that havent tried anything else yet. Sounds like quite a few people have had a good result with preseed, might have to try it.

Good luck, hopefully you will get a bfp much quicker this time :)

Hey, I tried a few cheap opks last month but only got 5 in a pack so never got a result! Other than that havent tried anything else yet. Sounds like quite a few people have had a good result with preseed, might have to try it.

Good luck, hopefully you will get a bfp much quicker this time :)

I'm pretty confident that it won't take us as long this time. As I mentioned, it wasn't until the last 6 months or so that I got really serious. When I started charting I saw that my LP was on the short side and I was O'ing later than "normal". Got that corrected and it wasn't much longer after that.

I cannot say enough good things about preseed. We only used it for the last 2 cycles and actually had a positive HPT w/ the first, but it wasn't a sticky bean. Must have cleared the way for DD though. I hear from many people that chemical pregnancies seem to be followed by sticky beans quite a lot.

I really like the opks I got online from amazon. 40 opks and 10 hpts in this kit for like $10, can't beat that. They have packs with like 100 opks and 20 hpts, but I thought that might be overkill (at least I hope it is).

I'm pretty confident that it won't take us as long this time. As I mentioned, it wasn't until the last 6 months or so that I got really serious. When I started charting I saw that my LP was on the short side and I was O'ing later than "normal". Got that corrected and it wasn't much longer after that.

I cannot say enough good things about preseed. We only used it for the last 2 cycles and actually had a positive HPT w/ the first, but it wasn't a sticky bean. Must have cleared the way for DD though. I hear from many people that chemical pregnancies seem to be followed by sticky beans quite a lot.

I really like the opks I got online from amazon. 40 opks and 10 hpts in this kit for like $10, can't beat that. They have packs with like 100 opks and 20 hpts, but I thought that might be overkill (at least I hope it is).

Yeah, I am sort of thinking of this as my first serious month, as I didn't find out when I O'd last month so I am just going by what is 'normal', so could be completely out! Hopefully by using the CB digital opks I will have more luck.

I've heard a lot about people using Preseed and becoming pregnant really quickly once starting to use it. Think that's a definite for next month for me if I'm not lucky this month.

That's such a good deal on your opks - I got 20 for £30! Will have to have a good look on Amazon and see what I can find.

Yeah, wish you good luck with the opks. I bought a pack of opks the first time around that had like 20 or something in a jar, but they weren't individually wrapped and said they were no good after a month when you open it. :( Luckily got my BFP that cycle or I would have been really ticked about the waste of money. The ones I got from amazon are all individually packaged so they stay "fresh".

All charting was really good for me was the preparation to TTC, I figured out I had a late o issue because I was charting. Since it does't tell you you O'd til 3 days after (and that's if you are good about taking your temp), it doesn't really give you warning. That's where opks are so handy!

Yeah, wish you good luck with the opks. I bought a pack of opks the first time around that had like 20 or something in a jar, but they weren't individually wrapped and said they were no good after a month when you open it. :( Luckily got my BFP that cycle or I would have been really ticked about the waste of money. The ones I got from amazon are all individually packaged so they stay "fresh".

All charting was really good for me was the preparation to TTC, I figured out I had a late o issue because I was charting. Since it does't tell you you O'd til 3 days after (and that's if you are good about taking your temp), it doesn't really give you warning. That's where opks are so handy!

Thanks :) Mine are individually wrapped too, I'd be really annoyed if they were wasted as they are quite expensive!

Good luck!

Hi guys am new to b and b :) I love this website had never readcso many positive women here!!! I am 20 ttc it just hasn't happen!!! Upsetting but ok later god will give me a child!!! I would love to have friends to encourage me in my odessy thank u.

Hi La Mere :) Welcome to TTC, how old is your first baby?

I'm quite new to this as well, just joined the forum today, although I'm on my third cycle TTC my first baby! Are you going to try anything like temping or opks? I've just bought my first box of clearblue digi opks so hoping they will help!

Hi guys am new to b and b :) I love this website had never readcso many positive women here!!! I am 20 ttc it just hasn't happen!!! Upsetting but ok later god will give me a child!!! I would love to have friends to encourage me in my odessy thank u.

Hi, Rose, Bookity & Babyalive88! My DD is 1 year and 2 weeks old. Since AF first came I've been charting but not much other than that.. We plan to really start trying this weekend around the 9th-10th... but since we are trying for a boy this time I think we might wait till about the 13th-14th.. Good luck to all of us! :flower: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi, Rose, Bookity & Babyalive88! My DD is 1 year and 2 weeks old. Since AF first came I've been charting but not much other than that.. We plan to really start trying this weekend around the 9th-10th... but since we are trying for a boy this time I think we might wait till about the 13th-14th.. Good luck to all of us! :flower: :dust: :dust: :dust:

My hubby is pretty convinced that any baby we have is going to be a girl. He doesn't give much consideration to boy names or anything. He does have a girl name picked out already though. :) I would be plenty happy either way. I keep thinking boy thoughts though. With TTC#1 I always thought girl and now I'm thinking boy. Of course a boy would be more expensive. If we had a girl we've got everything we need already!

That is so great!! hopefully u can get pregnant as soon as possible!! :thumbup: i just want the same for me! its kinda depressing to not get it to happen :cry: but good luck to you :flow::flow:

That is so great!! hopefully u can get pregnant as soon as possible!! :thumbup: i just want the same for me! its kinda depressing to not get it to happen :cry: but good luck to you :flow::flow:

Hey there Babyalive88, how long have you been TTC? Is this your first?

I've been trying for 2 mo already!!! And yes first one!!!! :flower: how about u?

This is just the first cycle of TTC #2. I've got some patience for the time being. Ask again in a few months if I don't get a bfp! I think I'll have less patience this time around because I'm so eager to have my kids be super close together. DD is 7 months and took us 18 months to conceive her (though only the last 6 were really serious charting and all that).

It's normal to take up to a year to conceive, though I'm sure you know that full well. I think it's like an 8% chance of getting pregnant on your most fertile day. I don't know how anyone does it! :)

I hope your bfp comes sooner than later!

I appreciate ur encouraging words :kiss:

I've got time maybe all just get a job where I can distract myself.. My husband is in the military and am in school so that's the only distraction school but a job won't hurt:winkwink:

Thank u!!!

I don't think I'd be able to handle a husband in the military. Is he gone a lot? Does/Will it make TTC very difficult?

I while away my days taking care of the little one and spending more time than I should on the internet (facebook and lately here). I really REALLY need to start some kind of exercise. I was working up until the first of this year and my job was a great work out. I stocked groceries in a Wal-Mart. I would bend, lift, carry things 20-40lbs all day every day. Now I just sit home on my butt and DD isn't mobile yet so there isn't any chasing after her just yet. Oy. I don't like these love handles I'm getting.

I can just imagine cringing in the ob's office if I get a bfp anytime soon and go in for my first weigh in. EW. Problem is I'm soooo bad at motivating myself. I need someone to crack the whip to get me to exercise, lol.

Ahem. Sorry about the tangent.

Haha it's pretty hard with military. (seriously) lol but we have been together for so long that love has been the only thing keeping us so strong!!!! No he has not left in 3 years I am thank ful for that!!!

Haha I understand I usually get motivated by my fiancee... He is very fit... Haha and I also ride horses a lot soit helps me...
It's totally ok right now I feel FAT and want to just throw tantrums too!!!! Lol :happydance:

Thanks for understanding. :)

Where in your cycle are you? pre-ovulation or 2ww?

Sorry I don't understand the abbreviations yet can u explain sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->