Looking for a bump buddy who's been through a MC too

I was going to ask this ^^^
I had my 16 week appointment today, the midwife was horrible and I hope I never get her again.

I have my 20 week scan booked for the 6th June and looking forward to it.

do younot have the same mw for the whole pregnancy? I would hate to get one I didnt like and totally respect/trust for the birth!I have had the same independent mw for all my pregnancies- she is the best!
Annemarie-how are yougoing???UPDATE!!!!!!
less than 2 wks until my 20wk scan- I cant wait! and I agree they do too many tests and scans etc but then I do love the scans! I think theres a bit too much intervention in pregnancy and birth and women get treated more
like they have an illness mostof the time instead of being celebrated for the miracle growing inside them. In saying that-it is the 'intervention' that has saved2of my babies from mc-ing! but I do think there is atime and place for it!

Morning Ladies,

Today is the day of my 20 week scan...it's this afternoon so I have a bit of a wait lol.

I've been on count down for the last couple of weeks and finally it's here.

I've got my sisters, mum and mum-in-law, gran and sisters-in-law coming over tomorrow for a mini baby shower type thing where I'm going to announce the gender of the baby (hopefully they will be able to see it)
We're having an afternoon tea so I'm going to bake some cupcakes and fill them with either pink or blue icing so when they bite into them the sex will be revealed.

looking forward to a great few days and I can't wait!

I just wish these bloody ligament cramps would ease off a bit so I can move without being in pain...they're so annoying and uncomfortable.

Yay Bluefairy- I hope the wait wasnt too bad! And yay 20WKS!!!!!!!! on the downhill from there! and the sex is........??????
My scan went well-put the bub 9 days ahead but I am sure it'll come when it's ready! Didnt find out the sex but had the perfect opportunity!
hope everyone else is going great!!!

The scan went amazingly well...baby is developing well so I'm uber chuffed.

And baby is
:pink: team pink...I'm having a gorgeous little girl!

YAY!! little girls are the best...(I only have girls so far!) awesome news!

Thanks for your excitement pips...I revealed it to my family today and it was really lovely.
I painted a t-shirt which said my name is....... and once everyone arrived I took off my cardigan and revealed the babies name on the back....it was lovely!

Glad your scan went well too...9 days ahead is great...that step closer to having baby here which is so exciting.

Funny to think after the 20 week scan the next time we will see our babies will be face to face...I can't wait to meet her!

Yay I know! I get excited thinking about it already! A good friend just had her baby (we were due the same time before mc) and holding him made me really want to meet my new bundle! Can I ask what name you chose?we are still way off agreeing on anything- especially boys names!

hi every 1 ..i have a 4 year old boy ..i had a miscarriage 23 wks agao ..i am pregnant 12 wks tom..i am so worried every day that its gonna happen again :o( i have my scan next wk and im sooooo worried there is gona be something wrong :o( every little twinge i get i think OH MY GOD ..and think the worst ...its gona be a long 7 months of worry :o( does any 1 else feel the same as me ..i would love to hear from you xxxx

Welcome pinky...Congrats on your pregnancy! :happydance:

Totally 100% know what you're talking about. Just try and stay positive :thumbup: and enjoy the pregnancy as much as you can, just be grateful of every day you have with your new little bean and the months will fly by :plane:

I've been having really bad cramps the past 3/4 days and I still worry something is wrong (even though I had a scan to confirm it's all ok!) and I'm 5 months in now so that worry doesn't go I'm afraid...but once you reach different miles stones of the pregnancy it does relax you a little...like the 12 week scan, 20 week scan and 24 weeks being viable....I'm currently counting the days to my 24 weeks.

Pips we've chosen Scarlett for a first name as it's my nan's maiden name so it was nice to carry a family name forward. Her middle name will be Lily because that's my husbands and my other nan's first names. So she will be called Scarlett Lily. It was an easy one for us to choose because they're family names.
...I've spent my morning looking at baby clothes online now I know it's a girl...trying to avoid buying pink though, it's just too obvious.

i had a mc 23 wks ago ..i am now 12 wks ..i had a scan at 6 wks as i had pain again..im dreading my 12 wks incase any thing wrong ..every 1 telling me to be positive but its so hard as you all prob no..i have a 4 year old already and i told him i was pregnant again he is so happy ..fingers crossed its ok..i feel so blessed to have got to 12 wks ..gd luck to every 1 :o)xx

Yay Pinky congrats!!! I agree- you never totally stop worrying but as each stage passes you relax a little...but I am still a little guilty of checking the loo paper and I am 21wks now! hehe But hopefully thr time will zoom past for you now and the u/s will be great!

OOps forgot- Scarlett is lovely!!! Really beautiful name! I wish we could decide on something!

Pinky I remember how nervous I was going for the 12 week scan. I felt the same for my 20 week scan last week, just worried that something was wrong with baby.
When the lady did the scan at 12 weeks as soon as I saw baby I cried, she thought something was wrong with me but I was just so relieved and happy to see her and see everything was ok this time. I had a mmc previously so I was so scared the same thing had happened again.

I will be thinking of you and please let us know how you get on.

Pips- thanks, have you got a few names in mind?

20 week scan time today, I don't want to know the sex but want to make sure baby is fine.

Pinky you are feeling just how we all did waiting for the 12 week scan and the 20 week scan. I hope you can try to feel positive a little but it is hard.

thanks every 1 ..its so nice to talk to people that no how im feeling xx hope you all have a nice day .. :o)

hippylittlej- How did your scan go? Hope everything went well!

Scan went really well, baby wouldn't sit still and so they had to chase her around my tummy to get all the measurements. :)

awesome Hippy!!!!!
My bub has been super active lately...and I can feel it lots from the outside which I was told would take ages since my placenta is on the front......but it is all go now

i mcd and am now 12 wks pregers im sooooooo scared for my 12 wk scan on sun ..i have lots of anxiety ..i suffer with this problem any way ..i realy dont no how im going to react on sunday before ..nightmare..im trying to be positive ..but sooooooo bloody hard ..im sorry for every 1 losses ...i am blessed i have a lovely little boy who is 4 ..finley ..love him sooo much much.....he is so looking forward to have a bro or a sis ...thats keeping me going xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->