Looking for a TTC Buddy...

Thanks hon, I hope so too. I'm sure it's been very tough for you both. Had a wee scare today, one of my 11 yr old pupils kneed me hard in the tummy (I teach kids with behavioural diffs) really freaked me out so boss sent me home to rest. I'm prob overreacting but I'm just so grateful for my little bean I'm terrified of anything happening to him/her. Resting the rest of today just as a precaution. I probably sound like a total hypochondriac (can't spell that word!).

. Expect your 1st cycle to be odd though. mine sure was. I still feel a bit sad sometimes about it but I have to remember it wasn't even formed yet and something was already wrong. My body knew to reject it and that is something that was completely and utterly out of my hands.
If you have to, watch a sad movie to get all the tears out. It makes a difference.

FX for Aqua! May you be in the 30 percentile!

I'm expecting it to be awful but I'm on the same page as you. I'm honestly just happy that it happened now versus 5 weeks from now and it helps to know that my body knows what it is doing and is hopefully preparing itself for a happy and healthy future little bundle of joy. I had a good breakdown yesterday so I think that is out my system and my DH and I had a good heart to heart last night which helped to heal things a bit.

FX for Aqua! and I have to say that next time I'll probably be a ridiculous hypocondriact (I can't spell it either) too.

Hello all, I am very new to this, as we have not told anyone that we are trying, well his bf knows but thats it, and it is nice to see that there are others in the same boat, I'm the only one in my social group, the rest are gay men or single, so they don't understand, going through this OH already has a son so it really is nice not to feel alone x

Hi Joanne!
I know what you mean. Only 1 of my IRL friends knows. It is hard though but once you have made some good friends here in the forums, you won't feel alone at all.
I like people here better than tose I see everywhere else.
Howelong have you been trying?

. Expect your 1st cycle to be odd though. mine sure was. I still feel a bit sad sometimes about it but I have to remember it wasn't even formed yet and something was already wrong. My body knew to reject it and that is something that was completely and utterly out of my hands.
If you have to, watch a sad movie to get all the tears out. It makes a difference.

FX for Aqua! May you be in the 30 percentile!

I'm expecting it to be awful but I'm on the same page as you. I'm honestly just happy that it happened now versus 5 weeks from now and it helps to know that my body knows what it is doing and is hopefully preparing itself for a happy and healthy future little bundle of joy. I had a good breakdown yesterday so I think that is out my system and my DH and I had a good heart to heart last night which helped to heal things a bit.

FX for Aqua! and I have to say that next time I'll probably be a ridiculous hypocondriact (I can't spell it either) too.

Are you kidding?! DH says next time, I am on lock-down. Resting only. No sugar, caffine, nothing. Don't worry, I can't spell either.

If any of you are still looking for a buddy please PM me. I literally have no one in RL who I can actually talk to and I am going nuts :(

Aqua - I really hope you are still okay.
I can't believe that kid would do that. My DH is in school to teach ese.
Does your boss know?

Future baby maker
You are more than welcome here.
How long have you been ttc?

Aqua - I really hope you are still okay.
I can't believe that kid would do that. My DH is in school to teach ese.
Does your boss know?

I'm ok thanks hon. Was just scarey at the time. Unfortunately it sometimes goes with my job, the pupils have severe learning and behavioural dificulties. My boss does know-she sent me home to rest,I had a few cramps but ok otherwise. Dr says bean is well protected so it would take a lot to hurt it-it'd be worse if it was later on.
Still a weepy mess at times - one of my classroom assistants was so completely rude to me today,I just had to walk out and go have a cry, it's so embarrassing to be so out of control!:blush:
I finished today for over a weeks break. Heading to Spain early saturday morning. So relieved I'm exhausted, my job can be stressful and I need a break. España here I come!

Any news with you?

I am doing well. CD 6 and temping daily. I am thinking of buying an opk at the drug store.
I really am wanting to get this part done so I can get to the good stuff.
Your LO is the size of a pea already?! Wow!
The emotions are hard for a while but it is supposed to go away in the 2nd trimester.
Hang in there. I was like that before the mc. I cried watching commercials. Get a pair of attitude glasses to cover your eyes. It helps hide it when you get teary.

Hi There!!!

WOW Fantastic news AquaP and marshas!!! Absolutely briillllliant!! Fingers crossed now that they stay where they're supposed to stay!! Delighted for ye!! Summer babies now with a bit of luck! x x

Sorry i havent been logged in this week - Its been work eat sleep, this last while.... i aint had time really. Been concious lately of - not over eating - but not eating the right things... not that i am craving chips (fries) and stuff like that - but more so that i am just being a lazy git and buying this crap at lunchtime.... so i have made a bit more of an effort in excercising, but its tough to get motivated you know? But i am determined to stick at it, as i think its good for you to be fit and also helps you sleep better at night.

Have a private scan booked in for October 23rd - which will be 12 weeks...
(public health system have me booked in for November 15th) but i just
thought it was too far away for my 1st scan, plus once i know everything is ok - then i can start telling people. So only 1 week to go before i can tell people -
all going well at the scan. I cant wait to be able to tell everyone as i think i
might spontaeneously combust soon if i cant tell people - Plus, a close friend
has told me i am starting to show now so its gonna be obvious soon!!
Thankfully, no sickness, fainting, diziness, constipation thus far - tiredness is
starting to subside now... so i am a happy bunny. 2 other friends have
announced that they are PG as well so i have some partners in crime now :)
one of them didnt find out till 14.5 weeks!!! Mental!!
WEll, enough about me, hows everyone else doing :) x x x :hugs:
:hugs:

Hey rockabybaby!
Glad everything is going well for you! Are you showing much? Is not affecting your clothes or anything?! I'm hoping I won't show til at least after 12 weeks, save me buying new clothes!
They really give you guys late scans down south, I'd expect to get mine by 12 weeks, hope all goes well with at, show us a pic if u can!
I'm grand, cramping has subsided to nearly nothing-which is good cos i was worried I was gonna get AF at any minute, but bad cos now I'm worried there's something wrong! But boobs still twingey enough to reassure me! Other than feeling REALLY tired I'm fine (not that being tired helps me sleep any better! I wake up at 3,30am every day!)
I know what you mean about telling people, it's gonna be SO hard. We've only told our mums and my sis (she's a GP so I wanted her input!) and thats it til middle of December, aaaaaargh!
I'm really happy and a bit taken aback that it's happened on my 3rd cycle but I'm still very cautious, took me 3 days to have the courage to change my
status.

Take care hon:hugs:

so Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you/all. I am glad to hear everything is going good AquaP - you got a little scare with that kid kneeing you in the tummy - thank god all is ok.

Im so sorry TheMarshas, :( all i can say is keep trying and you will get there in the end, just one of those things. Better things to come :)

Got the scan done on Sunday - I cant believe how quick it came around - got to see the heartbeat and it wiggling around and jumping about :) even thought i cant feel a thing!! It really made it so so real once you see it!! It was amazing!! We were delighted!! Then we were able to tell our parents together and immediate family. It is such an exciting time and everyone is over the moon for us :)

Cant wait for this to happen to you all - it is such a special time x x

I dont have a scanner unfortunately - otherwise i would have posted it up x x

Future baby maker
You are more than welcome here.
How long have you been ttc?

Thanks. :)

1 year, 4 months, and 6 days. WAY too long for my liking. I know some others have been trying much longer, I just can't imagine their heartbreak because mine is HUGE.

Hi There!!!

WOW Fantastic news AquaP and marshas!!! Absolutely briillllliant!! Fingers crossed now that they stay where they're supposed to stay!! Delighted for ye!! Summer babies now with a bit of luck! x x

Sorry i havent been logged in this week - Its been work eat sleep, this last while.... i aint had time really. Been concious lately of - not over eating - but not eating the right things... not that i am craving chips (fries) and stuff like that - but more so that i am just being a lazy git and buying this crap at lunchtime.... so i have made a bit more of an effort in excercising, but its tough to get motivated you know? But i am determined to stick at it, as i think its good for you to be fit and also helps you sleep better at night.

Have a private scan booked in for October 23rd - which will be 12 weeks...
(public health system have me booked in for November 15th) but i just
thought it was too far away for my 1st scan, plus once i know everything is ok - then i can start telling people. So only 1 week to go before i can tell people -
all going well at the scan. I cant wait to be able to tell everyone as i think i
might spontaeneously combust soon if i cant tell people - Plus, a close friend
has told me i am starting to show now so its gonna be obvious soon!!
Thankfully, no sickness, fainting, diziness, constipation thus far - tiredness is
starting to subside now... so i am a happy bunny. 2 other friends have
announced that they are PG as well so i have some partners in crime now :)
one of them didnt find out till 14.5 weeks!!! Mental!!
WEll, enough about me, hows everyone else doing :) x x x :hugs:
:hugs:

Hey rockabybaby!
Glad everything is going well for you! Are you showing much? Is not affecting your clothes or anything?! I'm hoping I won't show til at least after 12 weeks, save me buying new clothes!
They really give you guys late scans down south, I'd expect to get mine by 12 weeks, hope all goes well with at, show us a pic if u can!
I'm grand, cramping has subsided to nearly nothing-which is good cos i was worried I was gonna get AF at any minute, but bad cos now I'm worried there's something wrong! But boobs still twingey enough to reassure me! Other than feeling REALLY tired I'm fine (not that being tired helps me sleep any better! I wake up at 3,30am every day!)
I know what you mean about telling people, it's gonna be SO hard. We've only told our mums and my sis (she's a GP so I wanted her input!) and thats it til middle of December, aaaaaargh!
I'm really happy and a bit taken aback that it's happened on my 3rd cycle but I'm still very cautious, took me 3 days to have the courage to change my
status.

Take care hon:hugs:

so Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you/all. I am glad to hear everything is going good AquaP - you got a little scare with that kid kneeing you in the tummy - thank god all is ok.

Im so sorry TheMarshas, :( all i can say is keep trying and you will get there in the end, just one of those things. Better things to come :)

Got the scan done on Sunday - I cant believe how quick it came around - got to see the heartbeat and it wiggling around and jumping about :) even thought i cant feel a thing!! It really made it so so real once you see it!! It was amazing!! We were delighted!! Then we were able to tell our parents together and immediate family. It is such an exciting time and everyone is over the moon for us :)

Cant wait for this to happen to you all - it is such a special time x x

I dont have a scanner unfortunately - otherwise i would have posted it up x x

That's such great news! I can't wait to finally see a heartbeat - it would be so reassuring. Glad you're still keeping well xo.

Ugh, soooo sick today - not vomited but just so queasy. 6 weeks on the dot. It's reassuring but really not pleasant, my wee waves of nausea have all merged into one big constant one, yuck!
Have a supply of dry crackers, sour sweets and root ginger for my flight tomorrow....please don't let me be sick on the plane!!!!

Rockabybaby - Awww I am so happy for you. Can't wait to join you on the ride of a lifetime.

AquaP - You will get there sooner thank you think. The only advice I have is get a vomit bag just in case. (sorry)

Babymaker - WOW have been to the doc yet?

I may need more than one sick bag to be honest!

Well that's me for til next fri/sat. Don't think I'll have Internet on holiday-will be interesting to see if I have any withdrawal symptoms-am on here most days!

Hope everyone has a good week!xoxo

Everything is good here. Got a Positive OPK today and it's nice to know that it's a real one (not left over hormones) because I had a blood test monday that said everything was back to normal. We're back to TTC right off and I'm Feeling a bit more optimistic with this whole process, although the let down will be horrible if there isn't a BFP after this rollercoaster of a month.

That's great!
We didn't get a BFP but not for lack of trying. lol It is a rollercoaster though right?!
I am glad everything is back to normal for you guys.
I still have no idea what normal is for me. I am going for my check up soon cause I get health insurnace on the 14th. Dec 1st my butt will be in the docs office! yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->