Looking for advice/words of wisdom/reassurance...

Marg_27

✿ Proud Mummy of 2 ✿
Reaction score
Firstly I jus want to say how much I look up to all of you, and ur brave lil soldiers! U are all truely amazing, and I kno that if I can even have an ounce of the strength you guys have, I kno I will get on just fine :hugs:

And secondly I want to give ur lil fighters all the strength in the world x

Ok, so my story, for those of you who dont kno...

Saturday 4th July (Almost 2 weeks ago) I went to the Mat assesment unit with suspected preterm labour, I was 31+1 at the time. After monitoring and a positive Partus Test they confirmed I was in labour. SO was given a drip to stop contractions and steroids for baby's lungs.
Long story short, 5 days later and a transfer to a hosp with a vacant neonatal cot, I was discharged. I was still getting contractions but they were irregular, less painful and I had no cervical change (still long and closed). Ive had to go to antenatal at the hosp for a scan as they thort he was measurin small, at 32 weeks they gave an EFW of 3lb6 which they said is small, but I didnt think too small... Theyve also said that he's fully engaged.

Here I am almost 2 weeks on, and the pains are slowly coming back.
I have a constant backache (period type). And lots of BH which start to get into a rhythm then after a couple of hours, tail off.

I have a million questions to ask, and havent been sure where to ask them. The I thort of you lovely ladies and hoped you mite be able to help...

Firstly, the major 1, if he is born now, (33wks, approx 3.5-4lb) how much neonatal care would he need. I kno thats such a hard question to answer, i.e how longs a piece of string, but roughly what do you think?

Secondly, did any of you have preterm labour 'stopped' only to start up again within a few weeks?

Thirdly, at what point am I sposed to phone the labour ward about increased uterine activity? I was told on discharge to monitor it, but not really sure what Im sposed to do...

And lastly, argh! my symptoms today, as stated early, horrid back ache, period pains, keep goin to the toilet (tmi) headache, tired, very heavy feeling in bump and increased DC which seems to be getting thicker (again, sorry tmi). What do u guys think?

If only 1 of you answers jus 1 of my questions Ill be truely grateful.
Thankyou so much for takin the time to read this :hugs:

Hun please go and ring the maternity unit sounds like you need to go back in, both my dd's born at 32 weeks were in for just over 4 weeks but it depends on alot of things the weight gain and how they feed etc, also if they have any breathing problems etc. Try not to worry as your little boy will be just fine xx

I think you should go back too! At 33 weeks Im sure your LO will be absolutely fine. Its hard to give an idea of how long he could be in for, but he will be well looked after :hugs:

Hi
I agree, best to call the hospital to be on the safe side. I am sure your LO will be fine at 33 weeks. In terms of how long the hospital stay will be, we were just told to expect to be in till their due date and anything else is a bonus. I think it is fairly normal for them to come out before that, but we had that in our heads as the worst case scenario.

Poppy was born at 34 weeks and was in for 2 weeks - felt like the longest 2 weeks ever, but they do come on so much day by day, even hour by hour. She literally 'turned the corner' over the weekend and we were out by the Monday.

Best of luck and big :hugs:

I agree with the others. Good luck and let us all know how you get on. xx

Hi i had preterm labour at 24 and 29 wks and went on to deliver at 37wks and was induced so there is still a chance you will get to term ....:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->