Looking for Buddies to do Vitex/Geritol/etc to conceive....Anyone want to be my buddy

This is my 5th cycle ttc. Just got my OH on board with taking supplements for assistance... (He wants a child too, sooooo) But right now we're still trying to figure it out (our regimen). I have one child 12y.o. naturally, But no BFP since... He doesn't have any. I've taking Geritol for about 3 months, used preseed, bd at least days before O and up until at least the day before. At this point we need something that will hopefully yield side effects.

Props for getting dh to take sups. Mine would if I gave them to him everyday but I often forget or we don't see each other.

I've started spearmint, myo-inositol, vitamin d and vitamins b complex and bee propolis. I'm feeling pretty good about this cycle.

This is my 5th cycle ttc. Just got my OH on board with taking supplements for assistance... (He wants a child too, sooooo) But right now we're still trying to figure it out (our regimen). I have one child 12y.o. naturally, But no BFP since... He doesn't have any. I've taking Geritol for about 3 months, used preseed, bd at least days before O and up until at least the day before. At this point we need something that will hopefully yield side effects.

Props for getting dh to take sups. Mine would if I gave them to him everyday but I often forget or we don't see each other.

I've started spearmint, myo-inositol, vitamin d and vitamins b complex and bee propolis. I'm feeling pretty good about this cycle.

Believer43- Glad to have you! The more the merrier, right? lol. I am also having my DH take supplements, well I normally have to remind him/ask if he has remembered(which is normally answered with a no and then he goes and get's his pill organizer I put together, :rofl: ) He is taking 5,000mg of Vitamin C daily split into two doses AM/PM, it's supposed to help with motility, count, morphology, and ability to fertilize an egg, the research on it looks really promising, and it is supposed to do all those things very quickly as well, 60 days or less, so that was another reason why I went with that one, plus I know it's not going to "hurt" anything, I mean at best he's will just have a superhuman immune system, right? :haha: But he is also taking CoQ10, a Super B Complex, Ginseng, and a blend that is Maca and Horny Goat Weed, oh and DIM. I have actually been looking into the whole "Geritol" thing and doing a lot of research and I think that I am going to switch to another "geritol" that's not really geritol, LOL. I looked at everything in the Geritol multi and when I compared it to some really great vitamin companies that I am familar with, one multi really stood out from the crowd and was WAY better then Geritol could ever think about being. I would suggest that since you've been on the geritol for a while and not gotten a BFP yet, that you may actually want to switch to this one as well. Here is the link: https://shop.rainbowlight.com/Advan...n/p/RBLT-102839&c=RainbowLight@Women@Vitamins But I would also suggest that you take these as well, they are very important for fertility health and a lot of women are very lacking in it, which is DHA/Choline I will be buying some of them as well and both hubs and I will be taking them: https://shop.rainbowlight.com/Prenatal-DHA-Smart-Essentials/p/RBLT-113323&c=RainbowLight@Women@Natal

If you compare the back of your Geritol bottle to the supplement facts on the Advanced Complete Multi from RainbowLight, you will be shocked at how much better they are, and they are all food sourced so they are better absorbed by the body, not all bc of that, but bc of the way you take them as well. Geritol is a one a day, so when you take it everything that your body doesn't "need" at the time it's digested, is thrown out with your urine. The Rainbow light has you take 2 of them 3x's a day, which is better for absorption bc you are giving your body 3x's the opportunity to get what it needs out of the vitamin/supplement you are taking, unlike the Geritol which is a one time and were done. Your need's for different vitamins, herbs, supplements can change hourly, and with your diet, so I really love the RainbowLights version much more. PLUS it just kicks Geritol's ass in nutritional value :haha: And has so much more stuff added to it that are so beneficial to your overall health and fertility. Yep, I'm definitely changing, lol. It's now the "RainbowLight TTC Challenge- A Baby at the end of every Rainbow!" That even sounds way better, :rofl: Hope this helps!

Krissie328- I'm glad that you finally got to start your supplements and that you are excited about this cycle. I'm super excited about mine as well!

AFM- I'm currently CD13 and on CD10 I started getting High's on my Fertility monitors!!! EeeKkkk!!! I didn't O until CD 35 last cycle so this is HUGE! I'm so glad that I am actually seeing some "results" and side effects of what I'm taking, bc I knew going into it that some women don't see any benefits until about the 3 month mark, so apparently my body is sensitive to the stuff I'm taking, bc they started working immediately. I started getting EWCM on like CD9 and have had it ever since, and I am getting a great progression going on my wondfo strips, so a peak reading and Ovulation backed by BBT are right around the corner. I would say within the next few days looking at what my last wondfo looks like. Today was my last day of the Black Cohosh, and it's supposed to act as a egg release when you stop taking it bc your estrogen levels will even back out and then LH will surge, and the BC even helps with healthy levels of progesterone AFTER you have stopped taking it, and for the entire rest of your cycle. So since I'm seeing a progression even while on it in my LH levels, I know my body is gearing up to release a nice a healthy egg, so I'm super excited. My secondary fertility signs, CM/CP are lining up with high fertility and an O soon as well, so it's smooth sailing over here and I could not be any happier about it, bc my cycle previous to this have been nuts and really stressful. I'm so relaxed and excited about this one, it's just completely different.

As far as side effects so far though, the early EWCM (positive of course), but I also in the last two day's have been having some major achy breasts, like not just tender to the touch, like they are just painful/achy all the time, it's weird, has to be from the Femaprin or black cohosh or both, and yesterday I started getting lower abdominal cramping in my ovary area's so things are definitely going on. Not anything serious enough to make me quit taking anything though ;) Oh, after I doubled my Femaprin dose, bc I realized that the daily dose of them was too low for what I am using them for, I was really sad/depressed/crying all the time for a couple days, but that has THANKFULLY subsided, lol.

I am TTC but not taking any additional supplements yet besides a good prenatal and DHA. I am following to see which supplements you ladies are using and how they work for you!

Welcome AmberR.

Amber- that's really positive that you are getting high reading. Fx you do ovulate soon!

Welcome AmberR.

Amber- that's really positive that you are getting high reading. Fx you do ovulate soon!

Glad to have you as well, AmberR

Krissie- Thank you! I really hope so too! I'm really excited to see what happens this cycle, and I'm actually really thrilled that I found the Rainbow Light Multi as well, bc I REALLY think that they are a much better option for boosting your fertility, then the Geritol could ever even think about being. Plus, that DHA supplement is really important as well, and I had forgot all about them. It is actually known, that most women are deficient in choline/dha and that one of the symptoms of deficiency in it is actually infertility, so that really could help to explain a lot and actually help you get pregnant in itself.

That is really interesting about the DHA and choline. I did not know that. I am currently taking inositol for PCOS and they recommend choline with it. Are you able to get the vitamins in the store or do you purchase them online?

That is really interesting about the DHA and choline. I did not know that. I am currently taking inositol for PCOS and they recommend choline with it. Are you able to get the vitamins in the store or do you purchase them online?

Umm, I'm sure that you could find some DHA supplements in the store, but I am familiar with the Rainbow light one's, and have taken them before, so if I was going to "recommend" one, it would be that brand. RainbowLight is just a really awesome all the way around and their products are awesome. i"m just not sure if they are in stores or not, I'm sure their website would say if they were though.

Oh yea, I was referring to thr rainbow light ones. I live in a smallish area so doubt I could find them. I put them in my amazon cart to order next time I place an order.

Thanks a bunch Ambertwogood! I'm going to look into the rainbowlight. Time is ticking over here.

Oh yea, I was referring to thr rainbow light ones. I live in a smallish area so doubt I could find them. I put them in my amazon cart to order next time I place an order.

Thanks a bunch Ambertwogood! I'm going to look into the rainbowlight. Time is ticking over here.

Yeah, for both of you on the RainbowLights, I know I can seem to act like a "know it all" at times, but I really don't mean to come across that way. I'm just very analytical and a researching it type person, so when I find something new and exciting, I like to make sure that everyone knows about what I've uncovered. I just wanted to put that out there, not that anyone has made me feel that way, I've just been told in the past that I do that, so it was kind of like a "disclaimer" I guess.

In my signature, though, is a link to my own YouTube Channel, that I am trying to get off the ground so all the likes and subscribers I can get would be great. I contacted Rainbowlight about doing a review for them, I'm just waiting on a reply from them, keeping my FX'd that they are game for it. But I did contact FairHaven about their monitor, and even though they said no on the monitor bc my channel isn't large enough yet, they did give me the green light on some of their other products so I'm pretty excited about that one!

But- Rainbowlight is a really awesome company, if you go to their actual website you can read all about what they are about as a whole. But their vitamins and supplements shine on their own, once you start them. Like I said, when I was a HR pregnancy and everything turned around after starting their prenatals and DHA, I have been sold ever since.

No problem Amber. I think it is great you are so excited to share about a great product. :flower:

No problem Amber. I think it is great you are so excited to share about a great product. :flower:

Thank you Krissie- Quick ?- Are you good with charts? FF threw me for a loop this morning when I put in my temp. Do you really think I already O'd even though no peak readings and no +wondfo's??

It sure does look like you o'd. I wouldn't trust it for at least two more days but if it stays up I would say so.

I have had a hard time getting positive opks since Feb but I know I have o'd.

It sure does look like you o'd. I wouldn't trust it for at least two more days but if it stays up I would say so.

I have had a hard time getting positive opks since Feb but I know I have o'd.

I have never not had a + or a peak reading for a O, so I guess that is really what is throwing me off. Plus, my cervix and cm still are in a fertile position. But my wondfo from this morning is even lighter then yesterdays. If I did O on CD12 that would make my cycle like a 26 day cycle. Is that too short of a follicular phase for a healthy egg to develop?

No, 12 days is a good number. I would keep bding just to be sure.

No, 12 days is a good number. I would keep bding just to be sure.

You think if my monitors start giving me lows again, that I would be safe in assuming I've already O'd as well?

Well, this was a bit a shock to me this morning, lol. I have NEVER O'd this early in any cycle, so all the supp's I'm taking must be doing something. I hope they did enough to give me a BFP!!!

Oh, and I noticed in your tickers that you are working on a healthier you, do you mind if I ask what all you are doing to achieve that? I do fertility yoga and work on my vision board in my down time, as well as my Youtube channel. I'm looking for something else to do healthwise though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->