Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

Lindylou - I think I'm going to be on the long protocol. I haven't gotten any specifics yet but I'll be starting with birth control and will be on lupron, menopur, and bravelle (at least that was what was mentioned at our overview session)

Hey girls! I would love to join your group! This is my first(and hopefully only)round of IVF. I am on BC right now and start my lupron shots on monday the 28th.

raelynn- It looks like we will be taking the same meds.

I start stemming on 6/9 and my possible retrieval date is on 6/21

MsTX - Welcome! Since you're a bit ahead of me maybe you can give me a heads up on all the meds since we'll be on the same ones. This is my first IVF too. Good luck!

I thought I was gonna be on bcp but apparently not. Started lupron on the 11th which was about day 20 of my cycle. Finally lookin like af is arriving (a few days late at around day 33 or so, skip a month of TTC and you have no idea what cycle day it is). I'm on 10 units a day which is treating me much better. Somewhat less tired but I took a red eye flight from San Francisco to Philly last night and napped off and on all day today so... I never got my
Cd2 us cause well af hasn't arrived yet and I'm across the country. As I don't plan on starting stims til the 1st it apparently doesn't matter. I go for us on the 31st when I get back for my baseline. I know I'll be taking gonal f and menopur but i don't know how much of each. Plus my doc has me on medrol cause apparently some study showed it improves egg quality. Just realized I'm gonna run out of that too early but... Since I pay out of pocket for meds and my folks have super small copays I figure I'll just get one of them to get a script filled (dad is an md too).

Hope everyone is good

Thank you! I am really hopeful that this will work. My husband and I have been TTC #2 since March of 09. I ended up having 2 ruptured ectopics 5 months apart and having both tubes removed. Our insurance does not cover fertility treatments or medications so we are completely out of pocket :/ This is our only shot for a while so i'm praying for great results!

drsquid- I will be taking medrol also. I was wondering what that was for so that's nice to know that it helps with egg quality!

Jerseygirl - good luck with your sonogram today! Hope all is clear and your good to go for your next cycle!! :thumbup:

Drsquid - don't you just hate AF? Never on time when you want her but when your praying for her to be late, she's right on time! Good to know about Medrol - need to ask my doctor about that one. :flower:

MsTx - Looks like we start stimming the same day - 6/9! :happydance:

Loyla - looks like your going to be our first IVF'er for the month! Can't wait to hear how things go once you start stimming this weekend. :happydance:

hockey24- That is so exciting! I have been reading these threads for years on and off now and I am so happy to have found this one!!!

Most people I've talked to have taken medrol only
For egg transfer when it is to help prevent rejection by slightly decreasing the immune system. My doc has me on it from the start of lupron which I hadn't seen anywhere. In asking him about it he said there are some studies for both uses of medrol but not much proof of either doing much. I think it is more his partners protocol than his. I decided screw it, the dose is pretty low and can't hurt

Thanks, Hockey - I'll keep you ladies posted :dance:

Hi, Drsquid! I'll be on Medrol, too, but starting a few days before ER. I also start on Crinone(progesterone) @ the same time.

I'm on a different protocol then most of you ladies. CD2 ( which would be around June 15th) I would go in for us. As long as my pcos isn't acting up I can start stims then. Follistim 225mg, menopur 75mg are what we've used the past two IVF's and I have had consistent results with 21 eggs and most fertilizing and maturing above average @72 hrs.
We have excellent insurance plans but nothing is covered not even meds and I've had 3 cash surgeries since December. Sure hope it works this next time! Going for genetic testing today.

This is my last free go. Luckily in my area I get 2 goes on the nhs. The only meds I take is buserrilin for 21 days then buserrilin plus 4amps of menopur. After collection I start the progesterone. Does anybody get anything else to help implantation?

Ginger - Since you have PCOS maybe you can answer something I've been worrying about. Do you have long cycles? Mine are really long (like 3 months long) and I'm worried AF won't show after I stop birth control. What do they do in that case? Do I have to just keep waiting before I can start stims or do they just start them regardless?

Ginger - Since you have PCOS maybe you can answer something I've been worrying about. Do you have long cycles? Mine are really long (like 3 months long) and I'm worried AF won't show after I stop birth control. What do they do in that case? Do I have to just keep waiting before I can start stims or do they just start them regardless?

When your off BCP it should come on its own. Bcp regulates PCOS and also eliminates cysts. Ive only had one AF that was almost a month late but it was due to a cyst and fertility meds messing up my cycle. Not all women have the same symptoms of pcos which sometimes is hard to detect. If you don't get AF for some strange reason phone your RE they may order labs and an us to detect what's going on. If not they can give you something like provera but they rather not give too many meds because it can affect things like your pituitary gland. Also another helpful hint is limit your sugar intake, my acupuncturist recommends this and it seems to even help you feel better.

Hi everyone,

I just finished up 3 weeks of BCP, and I start my injectibles tomorrow (as long as my bloodwork and ultrasound look good to go). I've done 6 IUIs (5 BFNs and 1 chemical). I've lost a lot of hope along the way, but lately I've been seeing lots of stories of women who struggled for a long time but got pregnant on their first IVF. I hope that's the case for us - we can really only afford one IVF cycle, and then we will have to start considering other options. I am very nervous, very excited, and can hardly stand the wait! Every day I do a count down of how long I think it will be until I know if it worked...

Good luck to all!
Nicole

When your off BCP it should come on its own. Bcp regulates PCOS and also eliminates cysts. Ive only had one AF that was almost a month late but it was due to a cyst and fertility meds messing up my cycle. Not all women have the same symptoms of pcos which sometimes is hard to detect. If you don't get AF for some strange reason phone your RE they may order labs and an us to detect what's going on. If not they can give you something like provera but they rather not give too many meds because it can affect things like your pituitary gland. Also another helpful hint is limit your sugar intake, my acupuncturist recommends this and it seems to even help you feel better.

Thanks! I'm hoping the bcp regulates everything and I end up having a normal cycle for once. I've been limiting my sugar and carbs for a few months now. I definitely notice the difference of feeling better it is just hard to stick with!

Hi everyone,

I just finished up 3 weeks of BCP, and I start my injectibles tomorrow (as long as my bloodwork and ultrasound look good to go). I've done 6 IUIs (5 BFNs and 1 chemical). I've lost a lot of hope along the way, but lately I've been seeing lots of stories of women who struggled for a long time but got pregnant on their first IVF. I hope that's the case for us - we can really only afford one IVF cycle, and then we will have to start considering other options. I am very nervous, very excited, and can hardly stand the wait! Every day I do a count down of how long I think it will be until I know if it worked...

Good luck to all!
Nicole

I'm the same way with the counting! I try to plan out everything even though I know that isn't possible. But, it gives me something to do to try and get through all this waiting. Hopefully IVF is the answer for you!

Hi everyone,

Good luck to all!
Nicole

Welcome babynowplease! I definitely understand the count down. I do it too as it gives me something to obsess about.

Read the IVF success thread. Very inspiring and lots of BFP's on the first IVF round! Good luck to you! :thumbup:

So, my meds are currently on the truck for delivery right now. Is it wierd that im excited for this?!? I can't wait to start this process, 3 years is long enough!

So, my meds are currently on the truck for delivery right now. Is it wierd that im excited for this?!? I can't wait to start this process, 3 years is long enough!

I hear ya! The pharmacy called yesterday to tell me that have my prescription and just waiting to fill it. Looking forward to delivery of that cooler! :happydance:

Hi everyone,

Good luck to all!
Nicole
Ive had good luck with follistim and menopur...hope you do too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->