• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

Welcome ladies! Hoping your period starts soon. Mine did the same thing. I'm usually always 28 days but this past cycle it wa 34 :/

I am starting my Lupron shots tonight! It seems like this day has taken forever to finally get here!!! I take 10 units every night and my next appt isn't until 6/6 to make sure I am ready to start stimming on 6/9.

I have a question for anyone who has been through this or has received their protocol. My doctor put no intercourse starting today. I don't really see how that could affect anything right now since all I'm doin is the lupron. Have any of you ladies been told the same or something different? I would like to be able to as long as possible since I know we will have to abstain for a while.

I'm sorry I don't know much about the long protocols but if ever in doubt of strange sounding orders I would double check with the nurse. They should know why and be able to explain. Good luck to you!

Starting BCP today and the countdown to down regging! I have never looked forward to needles in my life. I'm a HUGE needle wuss but it this gets us to baby, bring it on!

MsTX - I have to wait for our calendar since our nurse is on vacation right now. What did your calendar look like (since we're doing the same meds)? I'm trying to count out when down regging and stims and such will start so I can plan ahead a bit. How many days was each part (BCP, down regging, stims...)

I started my BC on CD 3(5/14) and I am still on it. I start my Lupron tonight(5/28) and continue that with my BC until 6/5. I'll stop my BC but continue with the lupron. I go in on 6/6 for an US and bloodwork where I should get the go ahead to start my Bravelle and Menopur. I start those + lupron on 6/9 and stop the lupron on 6/11. I will go in on 6/11 for them to check my E2 levels and I'll continue taking the bravelle and menopur as my doctor directs, going in about every other day for US and BW until I get the go ahead to trigger. My possible retrieval date is 6/21 and we are shooting for a 5dt. He said that date could be off by a couple days depending on how quickly my follicles mature.

Thank you ladies for all your answers. It's so difficult when they say with one breath icsi is your best shot but then fill you with worries. Think that will just have to leave it to fate like everything else on this roller coaster :)

Mrstx- we were just told no unprotected sex and avoid for few days after transfer. To be honest I wasn't up for much when stimming, was too uncomfortable.

Thank you ladies for all your answers. It's so difficult when they say with one breath icsi is your best shot but then fill you with worries. Think that will just have to leave it to fate like everything else on this roller coaster :)

Mrstx- we were just told no unprotected sex and avoid for few days after transfer. To be honest I wasn't up for much when stimming, was too uncomfortable.

Lindylou
I think most everything comes with some sort of risk even if its minimal. It's also hard not to worry about things but im sure your RE has your best intrest in mind. FX that all us going thru this journey have happy healthy babies in our arms very soon!:flower:

Starting BCP today and the countdown to down regging! I have never looked forward to needles in my life. I'm a HUGE needle wuss but it this gets us to baby, bring it on!

MsTX - I have to wait for our calendar since our nurse is on vacation right now. What did your calendar look like (since we're doing the same meds)? I'm trying to count out when down regging and stims and such will start so I can plan ahead a bit. How many days was each part (BCP, down regging, stims...)

The belly shots are done with such a small needle. If they hurt you try applying ice for a few min before and it will help numb the area. If your DH will do it for you just dont look. Im sure you will be fine!:flower:

DH is as much of a wimp as me with needles so that isn't really a possibility. I'm actually going to have my sis or my aunt (who is a nurse) give me the trigger shot since DH being nervous about it makes me more worried about it.

raelynn- Good news! I just gave myself my first shot last night and I didnt even feel the needle at all! It is so small and thin I didnt even have to ice the area or anything. It was such a tiny amount of medicine with the lupron. Once I start with the stims I will keep you posted on how that goes as well. It will still be using the same needle but 3 meds instead of one. I've heard the menopur burns but icing it is supposed to help. Good luck with your shots!!!

raelynn- Good news! I just gave myself my first shot last night and I didnt even feel the needle at all! It is so small and thin I didnt even have to ice the area or anything. It was such a tiny amount of medicine with the lupron. Once I start with the stims I will keep you posted on how that goes as well. It will still be using the same needle but 3 meds instead of one. I've heard the menopur burns but icing it is supposed to help. Good luck with your shots!!!
I've been on menopur for 2 of my ivfs and no burning involved there. Just make sure you roll the vial between you fingers instead of shaking bubbles into it. It's really just as painless as the other belly shots. The hcg trigger shot us the one that hurts and bruises. Last time I had to trigger twice and had two big bruises on my belly for weeks but I'm really fair skinned

Ms TX if I may ask what does 75mg menopur run at the pharmacy you go to? It's 75.00 where I get it. I just wondered if the pricing is consistant.

Awesome! So glad that the injections don't hurt. I'm sure I'll still be a wimp about just building up to actually do it but at least it won't hurt.

My trigger isn't the tummy one its the one in the butt. Oh boy!

I used freedom fertility pharmacy which has the BEST prices around if you aren't using insurance. It's 71.99 for the menopur and if you are using the bravelle its down to 49.99 per vial with a 2 free vial discount promotion which actually gives you a discount of 116 total somehow. Its also only 75 for the ovidrel shot which is around 100 at walgreens by me. All together I paid only 1800 for my medications from them which is amazing! They also offer another 100 off if you get a price quote online and your meds are more than 2000. You just call to give them the quote number. You can go online to their pharmacy and check out all the prices. Their shipping is fed ex overnight and its included for free!

That is great to know that the menopur doesnt hurt. That was the only one I was concerned about but I know it will be worth it in the end!

Awesome! So glad that the injections don't hurt. I'm sure I'll still be a wimp about just building up to actually do it but at least it won't hurt.

My trigger isn't the tummy one its the one in the butt. Oh boy!

I was on Poi and estrogen shots in the bum last time and I did them myself. Those tend to make you sore but they are the most reliable route. I think part of the reason my fet was a bfn was because when they tested after one week my levels were low on patches pills and suppositories. I will only do injections like last time because my levels were prefect but that means shot to 10-12 weeks but well worth being a human pin cushion as long as we get a healthy sticky BFP this next time.

Hello ladies! :hi:

I hope you don't mind me joining... I am on the Antagonist Protocol. I should start BC tomorrow (when AF shows up, which should be tomorrow as today I am spotting). Here are the instructions I have:
- BC for approx 10 days, then stop bc. Should get AF within 3 days.
- get baseline ultrasound CD1
- Gonal F on evening of CD2
- Antagon (Ganarelix) when instructed in the am
- Trigger shot or HCG when instructed

I can't wait to start! yes, I am nervous and anxious and at the same time so ready to get it going. I hope all of you have a successful journey. I am so happy to be able to share with others who are going through the same thing as I am.

Sending everyone :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies! Just found this thread so I'm sorry I'm late but I'm so glad to see you all :) It's getting close, I'm getting nervous!

Has anyone done a lupron trigger or bought theirs? I found out today I have to pay out of pocket for it (insurance covering everything else) and I'm getting a very wide range.

Good luck to all!

I used freedom pharmacy. They have really good rates if you don't have insurance coverage. The best I could find. The menopur is 71.99 per vial.

I used freedom pharmacy. They have really good rates if you don't have insurance coverage. The best I could find. The menopur is 71.99 per vial.
Thanks for the info. That's pretty close to what I'm paying picking it up at the specialty pharmacy down the street from the RE, it's 75.00

Hi Ladies..

i should be joining you very soon. This month was my first IVF cycle.. tomorrow is my blood test.. and i'm pretty sure it's a BFN. After a full day of crying and being depressed... I am now ready to move on to my 2 frozen embryos.

Have any of you had any luck getting a BFP with the FET? Also, will i have to skip a cycle.. or can i just go straight to the FET? Do I ovulate that cycle?

Thanks for your help ladies!!!

Hi Ladies..

i should be joining you very soon. This month was my first IVF cycle.. tomorrow is my blood test.. and i'm pretty sure it's a BFN. After a full day of crying and being depressed... I am now ready to move on to my 2 frozen embryos.

Have any of you had any luck getting a BFP with the FET? Also, will i have to skip a cycle.. or can i just go straight to the FET? Do I ovulate that cycle?

Thanks for your help ladies!!!
Welcome! I hope your pleasently surprised and don't have to do your fet. Remember it's not over till the beta says it is. I've heard of successful fet's but it didn't work for me. No ovulation or stims involved. Estrogen progesterone medrol baby Asa and antibiotic is what I was given. They get your body to think its pregnant basically and then transfer the frozen embryos. It's definetly easier than a fresh cycle. Wishing you the best of luck!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->