Looking for June 2012 IVF Buddies

Has anyone had genetic testing? I wonder if it's the same turn around time as for male karyotype testing... I'm hoping to have results in a couple weeks.

We waived the genetic testing. I think I heard somewhere it takes several weeks for the results to come back.

DH had it done when we were looking into his issues but now I have to have it because of new family genetic problems popping up with my cousins mc that showed severe downs syndrome and heart defect that would of been fatal. Plus her 1 yr old has many issues pointing towards ******ation and we aren't sure if they are genetic issues or substance issues and we are not willing to take any chances with my limitations and having a child live a tough life in today's society.

If you have a family history of it, it is probably a good idea. We haven't had any family history of any birth defects or complications so we decided not too. I'm sure we would have thought otherwise if there was a history there though. Hope everything comes back all clear for you!

AF finally showed for me today! Called our nurse yesterday since I knew it was coming based on my temps and I get started on birth control Monday.

If you have a family history of it, it is probably a good idea. We haven't had any family history of any birth defects or complications so we decided not too. I'm sure we would have thought otherwise if there was a history there though. Hope everything comes back all clear for you!

AF finally showed for me today! Called our nurse yesterday since I knew it was coming based on my temps and I get started on birth control Monday.
Wow that's great news! I'm glad the Bcp regulated your cycle! :happydance:

BCP didn't regulate my cycle yet. I won't start it until Monday. We were just waiting out my natural cycle for this one (89 days long). I'm really hoping BCP will regulate the next one since that will determine when I start stims.

Wish AF would hurry up! Due on Thursday but fly on holiday Friday. She has great timing! Most important thing is it is Only 21 days till down reg then!

On my last ivf cycle, as I came around from egg collection they said we needed to choose ivf or icsi as borderline icsi. We went icsi and got 15 eggs fertilised but there have been recent stories in the UK that ICSI increase the chance of birth defects ( great to know if it might be our only chance to have a baby!!) Does anybody know anymore about this? We may have no choice and be told its ICSI or IVF but if we are put in that position again has anybody got any advice?

I read the same thing somewhere. I read it increases the chance from about 4% to 8%. That is still a very small chance and not much more than conceiving naturally at 4%. I believe IVF in general raises that percentage whether or not you choose ICSI. I hope that helps some.

That sure is a loooong cycle!! FX AF comes after Bcp this time!!!

Wish AF would hurry up! Due on Thursday but fly on holiday Friday. She has great timing! Most important thing is it is Only 21 days till down reg then!

On my last ivf cycle, as I came around from egg collection they said we needed to choose ivf or icsi as borderline icsi. We went icsi and got 15 eggs fertilised but there have been recent stories in the UK that ICSI increase the chance of birth defects ( great to know if it might be our only chance to have a baby!!) Does anybody know anymore about this? We may have no choice and be told its ICSI or IVF but if we are put in that position again has anybody got any advice?

We are forced to use ICSI too but my re hasn't mentioned anything about increased birth defects. I have however seen something posted on the Internet not sure what the percentage of risk is. It's tough being put in this situation but I think the benefits definetly outweigh the risk in this case.

Hi everyone can I join

Im due to start DR on the 15th June - we will be having ICSI too. We were told that there is a risk of birth defects which isnt want you want to hear but I guess its our best chance and there is a risk naturally

I agree. There is always that risk. For some of us ladies IVF is our only option. We just pray for the best.

Hi everyone can I join

Im due to start DR on the 15th June - we will be having ICSI too. We were told that there is a risk of birth defects which isnt want you want to hear but I guess its our best chance and there is a risk naturally

Hopefully I will be starting stims around the 15th too! Wishing you the best of luck !
Ginger

Hi everyone can I join

Sorry I mis read DR for stims... Making up what I see know... Pretty scary lol but still wishing you the best of luck!

Melbram - I won't have our official IVF calendar until around June 5 when our nurse gets back from vacation but should be starting DR right around the 15th too

Our RE mentioned the risk of birth defects but said that the studies are still being debated since so many other factors could contribute to the cause of birth defects such as a high percentage of IVF patients are older and already have a higher risk of birth defects. He said it was there for us to be aware of but it wasn't a guarantee that ICSI alone was the cause of a greater number of birth defects. ICSI is our only option as well since hubby has azoospermia and we're working with only a very few sperm that we have frozen from his TESE. As several of you have said (and our RE as well) the risk is greatly outweighed by knowing this is the only option so it is either accept the risk or no baby.

Hi! Can I join? Starting short cycle as soon as I get my period! Can anyone tell me why, after two years of trying not to get a period, I'm late the month that I want it!! My cycles are very regular, never ever over 28 days...... and now I'm on day 30 and no end in sight except lots of negative pregnancy tests. My body hates me :(

Hi wishandwait its probably the stress and the wanting af to arrive. I had my consultation last week which would have been day 30 (I thought if af arrived early I wouldnt be able to start this cycle) normally af doesnt arrive until day 33-35 but because I really didnt want it to come early it did!!!! Maybe we should start wishing we are not going to get pregnant and see if that works ;)

Hi all, can I join?

I'm doing short cycle and start around the 7th June.

Nervous and excited!!

Hi! Can I join? Starting short cycle as soon as I get my period! Can anyone tell me why, after two years of trying not to get a period, I'm late the month that I want it!! My cycles are very regular, never ever over 28 days...... and now I'm on day 30 and no end in sight except lots of negative pregnancy tests. My body hates me :(

It can also be delayed from fertility meds, cysts among other things. If it is too delayed my re has me come in for labs and us to see what's taking place. They can bring on a period with meds but most prefer not to because it interferes with things like your pituitary gland

Welcome ladies! Hoping your period starts soon. Mine did the same thing. I'm usually always 28 days but this past cycle it wa 34 :/

I am starting my Lupron shots tonight! It seems like this day has taken forever to finally get here!!! I take 10 units every night and my next appt isn't until 6/6 to make sure I am ready to start stimming on 6/9.

I have a question for anyone who has been through this or has received their protocol. My doctor put no intercourse starting today. I don't really see how that could affect anything right now since all I'm doin is the lupron. Have any of you ladies been told the same or something different? I would like to be able to as long as possible since I know we will have to abstain for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->