Looking for positive outcomes

ItsAWonder

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had an ultrasound yesterday at 6w3d and we saw a sac measuring accurately and two yolks but no fetal poles or HB's. Has anyone only seen a yolk at this stage and gone on to have a successful pregnancy?

Some background - I had a loss at 5 weeks and a MMC at 8 weeks - both in 2013. Then had my beautiful rainbow baby in 2014, (we saw her HB at 6w3d via an abdominal ultrasound).

I will find out soon if my betas are still rising.

Not sure with twins but I'd give them a lil more time to cook=)

Could there be a chance that your dates are off??

Maybe by a day or two as I did not go back to temping after my DD and I only had 3 AFs since I had her. I did use an OPK and I had a strong BFP at 9dpo so I doubt I could have ovulated much later.

Yolk sacs are good signs!! I've had this happen with two of mine and all was fine!

Did they do vaginal? A couple days, even one can through everything off when you're so early :)

Did they do vaginal? A couple days, even one can through everything off when you're so early :)

My doctor did a vaginal and I also had an extensive scan done at radiology in the hospital. I hope it was too early as well but man, this is the longest week of my life!

FX'd for you hun xxx

As of Monday yes, they had risen to 33,000 which is normal to high for a singleton but low for twins so it leads to more questions but, at least they are rising! With my MMC they rose until 8 weeks before they began to drop but I am not out of the running yet.

Well that is great news....maybe you had a vanishing twin? Will they keep doing beta's? Or are they just going to do scans?

Thread hopping - please excuse me :flower:

I'd say not to worry! They're just the ittiest bittiest little creatures at that point and my doctor always seemed surprised to see anything in great detail at that stage. Everything sounds good! Just wait until you go next time and they've already grown so so much!

ETA: fwiw I had a few miscarriages before dd :cry: and there was no pattern to what the early ultrasounds (or bloodwork) showed. So try to stay positive if you can - even though that's easier said than done :hugs: I've been there :hugs:

Bella - yeah, you know how much it sucks. If this is a loss it will be my third but I did have a beautiful little girl before this pregnancy.

allforthegirl - it's not a vanishing twin b/c both yolks were very visible. B/c of the unusual beta number it could be that one twin will grow and the other won't but that's just a guess.

The plan for Monday is to have a scan in my doctors office, if they see the same thing I will go to radiology for an image that is more clear. If those show no growth than I will have my betas drawn again.

Hopefully we will see strong HBs at my doctors office and this whole ordeal will be over!!

Bella - yeah, you know how much it sucks. If this is a loss it will be my third but I did have a beautiful little girl before this pregnancy.

allforthegirl - it's not a vanishing twin b/c both yolks were very visible. B/c of the unusual beta number it could be that one twin will grow and the other won't but that's just a guess.

The plan for Monday is to have a scan in my doctors office, if they see the same thing I will go to radiology for an image that is more clear. If those show no growth than I will have my betas drawn again.

Hopefully we will see strong HBs at my doctors office and this whole ordeal will be over!!

:hugs: will be praying hard for strong heartbeats and lots of positive feedback from the doc! :hugs:

Sounds like identical twins if they are in the same sac hun so maybe the hcg would be slightly lower than fraternal twins with 2 seperate sacs? Fingers crossed for you!!

Sounds like identical twins if they are in the same sac hun so maybe the hcg would be slightly lower than fraternal twins with 2 seperate sacs? Fingers crossed for you!!

Have you heard of that before? Are betas lower with identical twins than fraternal? I sure hope your theory is right!

I hope everything works out for you Itsawonder. I don't have any experience personally, but as littlebabyboy mentioned, the hcg actually would be less than fraternal twins because with fraternal twins or even identicals that split very early on, they would have their own sac and their own placenta. The placenta cells are what gives off the HCG which is why you often see higher numbers in twin pregnancies since there are two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->