Looking for some postive stories...

SurpriseMom2B

Reaction score
I believe I am around 8 wks pregnant, but have not had my pregnancy dated yet, have my first apt this Friday. Started some very light spotting last night, and noticed some very small pains, much less painful them period cramps. But to ease my mind went to doc today to have everything checked... did blood work, urine sample, and pelvic exam. Doc says cervix looks good but he did see a small amount of blood. Doc ordered a ultra sound for some time this week ( I live in a small town, so have to wait a couple days for a booking), and another blood test in 2 days to check my HCG levels, to make sure they are increasing and not decreasing . He told me all I can do for now is wait and let all the tests come back. But now I am stuck waiting and hoping this isn't a miscarriage. Looking to hear from others who have had a similar experience but everything turned out fine... I know this could be signs of miscarriage but I would like to keep my mind off that and hear about the gals who had a healthy pregnancy after this happening....

Both pregnancies have had spotting as well as bright red blood in the early days for me. The spotting started off dark brown both times, like CM but brown, at about 5/6 weeks. Then both times at about 6 weeks a day of bright red, followed again by the dark brown for another week or two. Frankie is now 2 years old and I am 33.5 weeks gone with this one. Hope that gives you some peace of mind xx

when i was pregnant with my DD i had a huge red bleed for a few days (at 7 weeks)and then spotting for 2 weeks. she was ok!

this pregnancy i had two episodes of light spotting (at 6 weeks and at 8 weeks), everything ok so far.

there is hope!

Fairly heavy amounts of spotting around the 6ish week mark both times with successful (well we'll work on the assumption that the 30 week wriggle bomb in there is successful) pregnancies.

I'm under the recurrent miscarriage consultant and she is utterly not bothered by even fairly heavy bleeding unless it's accompanied with other indicators - to the extent she'll put her fingers in her ears and sing and stick her tongue out and tell you "don't care" if you mention bleeding (all done jokingly - sounds horrid written down but the way she does it is very playful to lighten the tone)... she's told me time and time again - "some women just bleed, sometimes there's an obvious reason, often there isn't"

I had bleeding for about a week. I did all the tests and before I got the results, the bleeding slowed to a stop and hasn't come back. At two check-ups and ultrasounds, the doc says the baby is perfectly fine!

I had spotting at 6.5 weeks for 10 days and im now 33+3 weeks pregnant i was so sure it was over but my little is in there still sometimes spotting is normal my sister had it was both of her kids

Just wanted to wish u the best.. Stay positive hun:)

spotting around that time is quite common hun, I had it too at least three times and it was all fine, so try not to worry too much :) good luck xx

Thanks everyone, this is day 3 and I'm still spotting but it hasn't gotten any worse, and it's not every time I wipe or anything, maybe 4-6 times a day, and still little to no pain and cramping....So I guess the fact that it hasn't gotten worse is a good sign right?? Thursday seems SO SO SO far away for my ultrasound!

i cant believe they are making you wait so long for an ultrasound!

but it sounds good that there is not much blood. when i had my miscarriage a few years ago it was soo much cramps, and a lot of huge blood clots. i was 9 weeks. you would definitely know if it was that. please keep us posted tomorrow!

Yeah, the health system here is kinda stressed, too many patients and not enough doctors.... I haven't even had any clots either, it's all just been light spotting, so again, hopefully that's another good sign. I can't wait til Thursday though, ill be going out of my mind til then!

Had ultrasound today. Dated me earlier then I thought at 5w5d... So couldn't hear a heartbeat. But tech said everything looked ok.... But I'm still skeptical....

What would be the chances of me really being farther along but the egg stopped growing at 5w5d and I just never miscarried yet??

i guessing by the time u got the untrasound you dated yourself closer to 9 weeks?

did they book you in for another scan?? 5+5 - 9 weeks is a very big difference in terms of pregnancy - if you think your dates are accurate i would push for another scan if it were me :hugs: i hope everything is okay though hun

Well the reason I dated myself father along was because my last period was so so light and shorter compared to my normal, that I had started to think it wasn't a real period.... So the ultrasound tech could be right. Ill find out today if my doc wants to book me for another scan in a week or two or if he's gonna wait....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->