Lookking for a weaning buddy (April baby)

Thank you!!ended up cutting them into quarters - LO seemed to like them! Now trying to find the courage to offer grapes and cherry tomatoes - half or quarters?

How about meat - have you tried giving any meat yet?

LO is breastfeeding 5-6 times a day. How's it going for you?

I did quarters for grapes and I've only given them once, that's my scary food!

Haven't tried meat because we're raising them vegetarian. My friend tried it with her 7 month old though and it went well, she just sucked it really.

Still feeding lots, about 5-6 in the day and 2-3 at night.

My boy only feeds 5-6 times in total. I don't know how you cope with so many night feeds.

LO is really enjoying exploring food now - he enjoyed a nectarine this morning and pasta for dinner. Eating lots!!

Got any breakfast ideas? So far we've done weetabix soaked in milk and porridge fingers.

Still not sure about rice cakes. Can I give him large ones? The organix ones scare me - he tends to put a whole one in his mouth which freaks me out! Xx

I'm used to night feeds, it's wanting to get up to play in the middle of the night that drives me crazy.

I'm a bit stuck with breakfast as well. She's not keen on cereals so I've been doing toast and fruit.

Rice cakes are fine, DD has had both types, they just dissolve really.

Hiya how's it going? My LO has got a cold now so eats a bit less but generally he does well with the foods we've tried so far. Latest addition are cherry tomatoes. Down to 4 breastfeeds now. Sleeps a bit better but wakes for his dummy.

Getting better, she's eating more and I've got her on lactulose to sort out a bit of constipation. We tried hummus the other day and that went down well. I've got butternut squash spaghetti for her to try tonight which I think will be funny.

Hey. If hes fairly good at eating go ahead but just watch him
Closely. I have a ten month old. I started her on pureed veg. Then i started letting her chomp on bits of toast. Bits of grated cheese. Introduced scrambled eggs and let her chomp on toast. Little pieces of strawberry and grapes. Cheese spread sandwhiches and just break it up into little pieces. When they are mastering it pasta twists go down well. Raisons. Maltloaf.

My dd is 10 months old now and eats everything we do. She has spaghetti bolonaise. Pasta. Soup. The odd fish finger. Vegetarian cauliflower grills, beans, potato waffles occasionally, jacket potatos, loads of vegetables. Tiny tastes of sausage. Rice is good. She likes crumpets broken up. Tuna is also a good food xx

Loads of things. I am a believer in everything in moderation and plenty of fruit and veg! Just experiment. Ofcourse be cautious about salt levels but occasionally its ok to give them abit of sauce or a potato waffle. They need to learn to eat and i find the internet is full of advice to make everything yourself. But you dont always have the time. Good luck xx

Butternut squash spaghetti - what's that? Did she enjoy it? LO has missed lunch due to naps over the last two days - should I be concerned or 2 meals a day is ok at this age still?

I wouldn't worry, if it looks like she's going to miss lunch I make up for it with snacks.

I bought the butternut squash spaghetti from tesco. It's just butternut squash cut to look like spaghetti, she didn't eat much of it but she had a great time playing with it.

How's weaning going? I'm stuck for ideas what to feed LO.

Breakfast we do weetabix or think porride with a fruit (normally banana)
Lunch we do a bit of bread/toast/rice cakes with a topping like cream cheese/mashed avocado/nut butter/hummous and some organix puffs followed by fruit (grapes/blueberries/pears/kiwi/nectarine)
Dinner depends on what we have but I try to incorporate some meat and steamed veg in there as well.
Sometimes we also try yoghurt either after lunch or dinner....depends who LO feels. If too tired I avoid it.

I get the feeling he's not eating enough food at 9 months. I try not to worry as I know 'food before 1 is for fun'. He is also having 4 breastfeeds a day. Is that too much milk at this stage?

He loves his food and really loves exploring it. So much so that he grabs at everything we eat!

Any suggestions for any other foods? Can we try peas and sweetcorn at this stage? What about raisins?

xx

Lunch and breakfast we do pretty much the same as you. Peas and sweetcorn are fine. I'm waiting until mine is better at chewing to do raisins, maybe a year.

Crumpets with cream cheese on top are also good for lunch.

I do or have done in the past for dinner, pasta bake, Yorkshire pudding, stew, cottage pie, fajitas, Thai green curry, pesto pasta, dhal, lasagne, cauliflower and broccoli cheese bake

Just catching up. I could have written your post there about breakfast, lunch and dinner. And we are having 4 breast feeds too. I don't feel like he eats much at the 2 day time ones but when I have tried to drop either he seems to protest so sticking with it for now. I find it gets so samey. Some things are easier than others and it's hard not to do these things all the time when life is so busy!

My boy doesn't eat mince which is really annoying! Doesn't seem to like tomatoes much either.

Mine isn't keen on tomatoes, I think that's quite common.

Yup same here. Not liking tomatoes.

Must agree he doesn't take much milk during the day feeds but I keep offering. Think he's too young to cut down.

Yeah, she loves them. She tends to stash them in her toy box as well though. I get the mini ones.

I'm worried about giving him bresdsticks - not a choking hazard? How about cheese? So far only tried grated cheese.

I've never had any problems with them. They break up quite easily. I give sticks of cheese as it's easier for her to hold but she has grated sometimes as well as its good for her pincer grip.

Today she mugged a baby twice her size for his malted milk biscuit then sat and ate it triumphantly!

Haha button that's hilarious! We like to steal toys here, but not food yet!

We are having problems. He is starting to refuse food that he had previously eaten. It's so annoying! I don't know what to do. Basically anything he takes a slight dislike to, he will eat a little bit then ignore and moan, bat the spoon away, throw it on the floor if it's finger food until I give him something else. Which I have been doing so far. Am I 'making a rod for my own back'???? Am preparing 2 dinners most nights, unless I make a favourite, which is basically beef or chicken stew or macaroni cheese. Thoughts?

Haha button that's hilarious! We like to steal toys here, but not food yet!

We are having problems. He is starting to refuse food that he had previously eaten. It's so annoying! I don't know what to do. Basically anything he takes a slight dislike to, he will eat a little bit then ignore and moan, bat the spoon away, throw it on the floor if it's finger food until I give him something else. Which I have been doing so far. Am I 'making a rod for my own back'???? Am preparing 2 dinners most nights, unless I make a favourite, which is basically beef or chicken stew or macaroni cheese. Thoughts?

Might be just a phase? My LO has started refusing some food and generally being a bit more picky with his food....it's such a pain! What I do is I offer him food and try and avoid forcing him or worrying too much if he doesn't eat. It's up to him to decide if he's hungry or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->